Author Topic: This is not a tour. Welsh rides in the spirit of Mike Hall - 2/3rd June 2018.  (Read 63834 times)

I'm in for the fast 400. Didn't fancy the 600 as it seemed to me that the original concept was a difficult on/offroad 400, then due to public demand some extra kms were found to make a 600 in the same style.

I'm in for the fast 400. Didn't fancy the 600 as it seemed to me that the original concept was a difficult on/offroad 400, then due to public demand some extra kms were found to make a 600 in the same style.

I'm seriously thinking about the 400 for the same reason - it looks like the signature ride.

Smeth

• less Grimpeur than Whimpeur...

I'm seriously thinking about the 400 for the same reason - it looks like the signature ride.

Tend to agree, but my usual streak of hope over reality persuaded me that that "easier" middle 200 (hysterical laughter) would help with the average. Only crosses Snowdonia twice. Simples 

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes

Possibly the best excuse I've seen in ages.

(would you like some of this quiche, Paul? )
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

... but my usual streak of hope over reality persuaded me that that "easier" middle 200 (hysterical laughter) would help with the average. Only crosses Snowdonia twice. Simples 

I'll remember this quote whilst I am traversing that 'easier' section in the dead of night!

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
I am surprised (in a good way) at how many people are going for the 600 

How many are going for the 600 ?
Er.. me. Glad there will be quite a few.

I'm only going by those posting here [a select few], and
on the event Facebook Page [a very slightly longer list].

Both lists seem pretty long for an event 8 months away :)
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Smeth

"We few, we happy few...." 

I signed up for the 600, but almost went for the 400 for this reason.  Now I'm having second thoughts  ???

wilkyboy

• "nick" by any other name
    • 16-inch wheels

I signed up for the 600, but almost went for the 400 for this reason.  Now I'm having second thoughts  ???

I went for the fast 400 because I thought that was the one the weekend was built around — "an interesting day out", so to speak, and a bit of a challenge.  But not two interesting days, nor half an interesting day.
Lockdown lethargy. RRTY: wot's that? Can't remember if I'm on #8 or #9 ...

I too almost entered the 400 but I can't resist 50% extra "fun" when it's there for the taking

I've entered the "fast" 400. vistaed talked me into it on the Mille Pennines, as he had loads of time to spare to chat. The bastard. He said it was tough, so I don't expect it to be easy.

I do expect it to be magnificent. Or wet.

Samuel D

Have the people who recced this done the 600 inside the time?

I’m not a candidate for any of these rides but I love the concept. From the website:

And what are you going to do if you have a major mechanical en route at 10pm as the weather sets in? Because we are not coming to get you!

The photos show some fabulous terrain in which to ride a bicycle.

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
Reading between the lines on the webpage I don't think the 600 has been ridden in one go, only installments. It might not be possible to ride it within the time limit, but there's only one way to find out!

We won't be going home for breakfast on Sunday morning like these namby pamby, part time, fast 400 merchants, that's for sure.

Wycombewheeler

• PBP-2019 LEL-2022
I've entered the 300. That definitely feels like an interesting day out to me. Not a day and a night or two days.

Eddington  127miles, 170km

I think 2A  and 1E for me, 2 lovely days of mixed surface riding and some new locations  ;D

vistaed

• Everyday stories
Reading between the lines on the webpage I don't think the 600 has been ridden in one go, only installments. It might not be possible to ride it within the time limit, but there's only one way to find out!

No reading between the line required. We haven't ridden it in one go yet. And unless someone with a lot more grit than me wants to ride it over winter, then its not going to get ridden until at least after Easter 2018.
after hardship comes ease -
 www.strava.com/athletes/188220

vistaed

• Everyday stories
I've just updated the website to include a page with some accommodation news and details
http://tinat.cymru/the-know/accomadation/

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2

We won't be going home for breakfast on Sunday morning like these namby pamby, part time, fast 400 merchants, that's for sure.

;D
Regards,

Joergen

iddu

• Are we there yet?
I've just updated the website to include a page with some accommodation news and details

Already scoped...

Twin Frin/Sun at "Glen Usk", so 1 bed available...
Caenarfon's about 340Km, so triple at the Travelodge, 2 beds 1 bed available...

First come first served.
I'd offer you some moral support - but I have questionable morals.

vistaed

• Everyday stories
So you know, there is now a page about a post ride Sunday social. Its early days yet but it provides an outline of the idea. http://tinat.cymru/the-social/

If Smeth is riding the 600 .................then so am I. Now I just need to find a bike to ride it on.........

Smeth

If Smeth is riding the 600 .................then so am I. Now I just need to find a bike to ride it on.........
So I'm responsible for your +1?

Smeth

Recce Ride report of the first 150k

SPOILER ALERT - DON'T GO HERE IF YOU LIKE TO DISCOVER AS YOU GO!!!

https://smethblog.wordpress.com/2017/11/07/tinat-recce-ride-nov-17/

Hope it works!

Dave, You are definitely to blame ............if/when I struggle. If I love every minute , it was all my decision. Clear?
Great blog -and that of course led me to read the Mille Pennines post -excellent , really communicated the feel of  an event which is very high on my bucket list, well worth the effort of you writing that and taking those great photos.
See you on the road soon I hope.

Recce Ride report of the first 150k

That was really informative and an interesting read. Thank you for writing your ride report and including some good photos.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43