You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.
Note that it is impossible for the staff or the owners of this forum to confirm the validity of posts. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the posted messages, and as such, are not responsible for the content contained within. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented. The posted messages express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of this forum, its staff, its subsidiaries, or this forum's owner. Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator or moderator of this forum immediately. The staff and the owner of this forum reserve the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if they determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, please realize that they may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well.
You remain solely responsible for the content of your posted messages. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of this forum, any related websites to this forum, its staff, and its subsidiaries. The owners of this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum.
You have the ability, as you register, to choose your username. We advise that you keep the name appropriate. With this user account you are about to register, you agree to never give your password out to another person except an administrator, for your protection and for validity reasons. You also agree to NEVER use another person's account for any reason. We also HIGHLY recommend you use a complex and unique password for your account, to prevent account theft.
After you register and login to this forum, you will be able to fill out a detailed profile. It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information. Any information the forum owner or staff determines to be inaccurate or vulgar in nature will be removed, with or without prior notice. Appropriate sanctions may be applicable.
Please note that with each post, your IP address is recorded, in the event that you need to be banned from this forum or your ISP contacted. This will only happen in the event of a major violation of this agreement.
Also note that the software places a cookie, a text file containing bits of information (such as your username and password), in your browser's cache. This is ONLY used to keep you logged in/out. The software does not collect or send any other form of information to your computer.
Everyone hates rules, but lots of people have been asking for an indication of the forum "ethos".
1. Be excellent to each other.
2. Party on, dudes.
3. Before you post, think about the kind of forum you want.
4. Please don't do anything that will get the admins into trouble. Specifically, this means
No inline images or avatars containing porn, goatse, anything you might see on rotten.com or anything likely to upset or seriously offend. If in doubt, leave it as a URL with an appropriate warning or don't post it. We are a family forum.
Keep thread titles clean, even in NSFW.
No selling of anything illegal, nicked or copyright-infringing. We don't strongly object to eBay links, but they get rather tedious and defeat the advantage of trading among your friends.
5. Like Voltaire, we'll defend to the death your right to make your point, however unpopular it may be. However, you do not have a right to flame other members, call them scum or bully them.
6. The admins have given the moderators free rein to control content and will support their decisions. It is not good form to complain publicly about moderation.
7. Please, please try and use the most appropriate board when starting a new topic. We'd like to keep the signal-to-noise ratio high in the cycling related boards, so they're a useful resource. The Pub is a better place to chat. Politics threads (unless they belong in On The Road) MUST go into Politics and Big Issues. The Politics and Other Big Issues board is opt-in (Profile...Summary...Modify Profile...Group Membership).
8. Special rule (and this really is a rule): derogatory or strongly opinionated posts and threads about other Internet forums or their administrators will be moved or deleted. We do not normally post a "moved topic" message in these cases.
9. All posts are the responsibility and the property of the people who posted them. Like any useful forum, this one is not pre-moderated so, if you post something potentially libellous and get sued, we're not interested. If you insist that we pull someone else's post by threatening us with legal action we will do so, as case law has recently established that we have this obligation. The price you pay for this is that your forum membership will be terminated, so this is a one-way deal.
10. We allow you to upload avatars to the forum, so you don't need your own webspace. These must be under 40k and we will remove any avatars we find that exceed this limit.