Author Topic: ECE question  (Read 1556 times)

ECE question
« on: 19 February, 2018, 05:24:42 pm »
Hi all,

I’ve submitted an ECE for Saturdays Snowdrop Express but the forecast (for what it’s worth at this stage!) is predicting ice. I’d like to therefore submit an alternative route (I am doing mandatory GPX).

Is it as simple as just bunging in another ECE route? Do I have to pay again?

Also I assume I’ve done it right (it’s my first ECE) I submitted a GPX of the route to the start, but I intend to ride the same route there and back again. I don’t need to submit the reverse route for the return do I?

Thanks

John

Re: ECE question
« Reply #1 on: 19 February, 2018, 05:34:12 pm »
Martin is the man to speak to about this ...

I *think* that it will probably make his life easier if you give him a GPX that includes both out and back (though I'm not certain how the comparison software works, so may well be wrong).

As for being unsure which route you're actually going to ride, I'd probably prepare both the ice-friendly one and your alternative, and drop him a line either the night before or in the morning before you set off, attaching the one you've decided to follow.

« Reply #2 on: 19 February, 2018, 05:51:15 pm »
Problem is I have already submitted the route a while back... I should have asked all this first!!

John

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #3 on: 19 February, 2018, 06:25:03 pm »
Drop Martin an email, he might be on catch up from the weekend's rides.

FWIW I usually leave the ECE submission to almost the night before and then upload it on the ECE submission form.

I have in the past uploaded the wrong GPX by accident and corrected it by sending an email with the replacement fine on before the event. 

Though I would suggest making contact with Martin first to confirm what he might be happy with.  He does a top job and anything to make his life easier is a good idea!  :thumbsup:
Regards,

Joergen

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #4 on: 19 February, 2018, 07:16:18 pm »
Problem is I have already submitted the route a while back... I should have asked all this first!!

I planned an ECE to a train station to get back into London, but after confirming the details with Martin I discovered there were no trains due to engineering works. I created a new route, emailed Martin explaining the situation and he was fine with me changing my plans.
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
« Reply #5 on: 20 February, 2018, 11:12:36 am »

The ECE 'entry' and payment are currently two separate processes so as long as you make it very clear (in the Notes box) what you're doing you shouldn't have to pay twice.
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll

Martin

« Reply #6 on: 20 February, 2018, 12:47:36 pm »
Just send the alternative route to my tiscali address and let me know which one know you are taking before you set off will be fine  :)

« Reply #7 on: 20 February, 2018, 09:02:22 pm »
Thanks Martin,

I’ll keep an eye on the weather and if it’s still chilly I’ll zap something across Friday.

John