Author Topic: Oxford to London advice  (Read 1382 times)

Graeme

• @fatherhilarious.blog 🦋
    • Graeme's Blog
Oxford to London advice
« on: 02 September, 2019, 09:30:05 pm »
Hi y'all. I'm looking for a route from Oxford Peartree to London KX via Amersham. Would someone with local knowledge cast an eye over this https://ridewithgps.com/routes/31014200 and let me know if it seems okay. I'll be on a fully loaded tourer. (I've plotted using RWGPS and tried to follow cycle routes but straighten out knks which look unduly pointless.

Cheers,
Graeme.

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
Re: Oxford to London advice
« Reply #1 on: 07 September, 2019, 06:06:32 pm »
If you wanted a quieter way out of Oxford rather than the cycle path alongside the A40, you could drop down through Cowley and Horspath to Wheatley.  Otherwise looks fine, and mainly uses roads I've done in the past.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

Graeme

• Graeme's Blog
« Reply #2 on: 07 September, 2019, 08:26:09 pm »
Thanks for that Adam - it's encouraging to have the reassurance of local knowledge. I'll check out the Cowley route.

Phil W

« Reply #3 on: 07 September, 2019, 08:28:23 pm »
The London - Oxford - London 200 goes from Oxford to Ruislip. Might be worth looking at for ideas.

Graeme

• Graeme's Blog
« Reply #4 on: 11 September, 2019, 03:07:34 pm »
That route worked nicely, the Sustrans converted railways were good quality and the lanes though London were easy enough. I enjoyed that.