Author Topic: Syncing a domain user.  (Read 944 times)

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
Syncing a domain user.
« on: 10 June, 2008, 05:17:56 pm »

Hey guys,

Following on fom the server throwing a hissy fit, it crashed and I had to restart it, the loss of a connection forced the workstation to also crash. Now that both are back up, when I log on with Valiant, it gives me a temporary account on the workstation instead of my proper roaming profile. Any ideas how I can fix it so that when I log in with Valiant it gives me my actual account rather than a temp one? I can still see the account and files on the Documents and Settings folder when logged in as admin.

I have done it before but I'm suffering from brain freeze and am too stressed as everything is falling apart today and I have a deadline tomorrow.

Help please.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Lonewolff

Re: Syncing a domain user.
« Reply #1 on: 10 June, 2008, 06:57:33 pm »
gpupdate /force if things like that are applied by group policy (which they probably are if you are in an active directory domain) which will probably say something about some policies being applied at startup and reboot the machine. This normally fixes things.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
Re: Syncing a domain user.
« Reply #2 on: 10 June, 2008, 07:04:43 pm »
Ah thanks :)
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium