Author Topic: Garmin Foretrex 401- free to good home  (Read 1933 times)

Garmin Foretrex 401- free to good home
« on: 01 April, 2023, 11:29:30 am »
Having a clear out and found this at the back of a drawer. Still works fine, basic GPS, will give you speed, distance, compass, altitude, waypoints (tho needs connected to a computer to set up routes). Small and light, works off 2 AAA cells. Moderate condition, I’ve epoxied a bit of the strap mount after it broke.

Check the specs before you get overexcited.

If there’s multiple responses, I reserve the right to pick on entirely subjective grounds which might include a) how I’m feeling, b) forum name, c) your ability to ride straight to my house (Brentwood, Essex) and collect it, d) how witty you are. 

Can post if necessary, but easier for me if you take a bike ride to collect it. You like riding your bike, right?

(Mods - if this should really be in “for sale”, feel free to move.)

Re: Garmin Foretrex 401- free to good home
« Reply #1 on: 01 April, 2023, 12:13:30 pm »
I would like this if it is still available, please.
It's too far for a bike ride from rhe N. Peninnes, but obviously I would pay postage.

My forum name relates to the saddle on the bike I inherited from my Dad nearly 30 years ago....

« Reply #2 on: 01 April, 2023, 06:58:59 pm »
@flite: Since your reply is without doubt the wittiest one I have received, it’s yours. Pm me your address and I’ll stick it in the post.

I am mildly disappointed that an audaxer considers 300 miles too far to ride for a freebie:-). Enjoy it!

« Reply #3 on: 01 April, 2023, 07:59:40 pm »
But it is 300 miles back home as well!
pm on it's way...