Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 868336 times)

Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #1075 on: 15 October, 2014, 02:54:30 pm »

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #1076 on: 15 October, 2014, 03:29:47 pm »
"Lord" Freud
Shameful.
I'd be happy to introduce my 'honourable' friend to a cricket bat with the words 'Sorry does not make things magically better' written on it. Repeatedly.

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
« Reply #1077 on: 15 October, 2014, 07:56:58 pm »
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i

« Reply #1078 on: 15 October, 2014, 09:19:30 pm »
<i>Marmite slave</i>

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #1079 on: 15 October, 2014, 09:27:18 pm »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-29559771
sparrows weep in silence . . .

The court had to calculate the value of the work carried out by the girl when she was being exploited and also the sum of benefits claimed fraudulently in her name.

The judge based it on the minimum wage, assuming she worked for 12 hours a day, seven days a week.

Lawyers for the couple argued a deduction should be made for board and lodging accrued by the girl when she was with them.

Can I suggest those lawyers are taken outside in a public place and beaten by an angry mob?

I mean really, is "Royally taking the piss" a punishable crime?
Some people say I'm self-obsessed but that's enough about them.

« Reply #1080 on: 15 October, 2014, 09:28:11 pm »
"Lord" Freud
Shameful.
I'd be happy to introduce my 'honourable' friend to a cricket bat with the words 'Sorry does not make things magically better' written on it. Repeatedly.

I can think of one particular group of people who certainly are not worth a tenth of what they are paid, Lord Freud...   

The vile and unthinking idiot should immediately resign.

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #1081 on: 15 October, 2014, 09:30:02 pm »
"Lord" Freud
Shameful.

I can think of one particular group of people who certainly are not worth a tenth of what they are paid, Lord Freud...   

The vile and unthinking idiot should immediately resign.

You mean resign from the party who secretly agree with his views?  Why would he do that?  The Tories voted against the minimum wage, so why would he resign?  re-sign maybe.

It's like a member of the green party resigning for plotting to save some trees.

Steph

« Reply #1082 on: 15 October, 2014, 09:33:25 pm »

The court had to calculate the value of the work carried out by the girl when she was being exploited and also the sum of benefits claimed fraudulently in her name.

The judge based it on the minimum wage, assuming she worked for 12 hours a day, seven days a week.

Lawyers for the couple argued a deduction should be made for board and lodging accrued by the girl when she was with them.

Can I suggest those lawyers are taken outside in a public place and beaten by an angry mob?

I had read that, and wanted to give myself time to wind my neck in. I submitted the link as an example of multiple twattery, and you have indeed identified one of the things that made me want to scream.

All I would add re the lawyers is the suggestion that the claim may not have been their idea but have emanated from the central pair of slaver twats.

« Reply #1083 on: 15 October, 2014, 09:33:42 pm »

I would really rather you reconsidered first.   Don't shoot the lawyer who has a legal and professional responsibility to do their utmost for their client, however vile it might appear to the layperson.   After all, you'd want your lawyer to try their best for you should you ever find yourself in the dock.

IIRC, people convicted who serve time and are later found not guilty have a deduction from their compensation for 'board and lodgings' at her maj's pleasure.     

Paul

• L'enfer, c'est les autos.
« Reply #1084 on: 15 October, 2014, 11:19:45 pm »

I would really rather you reconsidered first.   Don't shoot the lawyer who has a legal and professional responsibility to do their utmost for their client, however vile it might appear to the layperson.   After all, you'd want your lawyer to try their best for you should you ever find yourself in the dock.

IIRC, people convicted who serve time and are later found not guilty have a deduction from their compensation for 'board and lodgings' at her maj's pleasure.   

It's not the same thing. She had no trial before her incarceration. No defence. No appeal. Her keepers raped her.

Moral considerations aside (yeah - lawyers can do this), the law is pretty clear that an illegal contract (how else could she be liable for board & lodging?) is unenforceable*.

I wouldn't be the lawyer arguing that she should be liable for rent and board to her kidnappers/rapists. Sometimes you just have to do what's right.

(*I guess they weren't arguing that there was anything like a contract, but discussing loss on a tortious basis, but I don't think that the tortfeasor in these circumstances gets to do so. I might be wrong, but the judge didn't seem to think so)
What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #1085 on: 15 October, 2014, 11:33:04 pm »
A real, actual, human being would have refused to stand up and utter the sick request. 

Professional responsibilities to their client or otherwise.

Steph

« Reply #1086 on: 16 October, 2014, 12:07:14 am »
Lee. I understand your point of view. I have given evidence in a lot of trials, and I have used that in several novels. In one of them*, I wrote about a barrister defending the repeated rape of a child. Said barrister asks the victim if (one of) the rapists is an attractive man

Confronted outside the court, following the guilty verdict, the lawyer explains, as Polar Bear suggests, that he has been passed a very shitty stick. He either deals with it, passes it on to some other poor bastard, or the REAL twat gets off on appeal.

*Ride On

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1087 on: 16 October, 2014, 07:26:38 am »
John Grisham
Getting there...

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #1088 on: 16 October, 2014, 10:04:59 am »
A real, actual, human being would have refused to stand up and utter the sick request. 

Everyone is entitled to a defence, which means that lawyers often have to take cases that perhaps they'd rather not. It's no reflection on the individual lawyer; they're just doing their job. Though some do seem to relish being on the side of the crim!

Steph

« Reply #1089 on: 16 October, 2014, 01:52:24 pm »

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #1090 on: 16 October, 2014, 02:00:44 pm »

Everyone is entitled to a defence

Asking for rent from the slave they repeatedly raped in their dungeon is not a defence.

Steph

« Reply #1091 on: 16 October, 2014, 02:08:49 pm »
No, but it is a very clear window into what passes for their soul.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1092 on: 19 October, 2014, 07:43:54 am »
Oh dear, Jeremy Clarkson again  ::-)
Getting there...

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #1093 on: 19 October, 2014, 11:40:32 pm »
Liz Truss doesn't seem to be any better than Owen Patterson  :facepalm:

« Reply #1094 on: 20 October, 2014, 02:33:27 pm »
Mike Read, always a twat, now qualifies for Supertwat to the power of lots

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1095 on: 20 October, 2014, 02:51:42 pm »
Oh yes.  he does that.
Getting there...

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #1096 on: 20 October, 2014, 06:16:49 pm »
Liz Jones with her FAKE hearing dogs for the deaf that she's been asked to STOP writing about as if they're genuine: http://limpingchicken.com/2014/10/20/jones-fake-hearing-dogs/

Lord Fraud can fuck right off. 

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1097 on: 20 October, 2014, 09:53:00 pm »
:facepalm:
Getting there...

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1098 on: 20 October, 2014, 09:53:49 pm »
Does Nigel Farage need adding?  For allying himself with fascists this time.  Nice to have his allegiances out in the open.
Getting there...

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #1099 on: 20 October, 2014, 09:57:35 pm »
Liz Jones with her FAKE hearing dogs for the deaf that she's been asked to STOP writing about as if they're genuine: http://limpingchicken.com/2014/10/20/jones-fake-hearing-dogs/

Lord Fraud can fuck right off.

Sounds like she's the sort of person that parks in a disabled parking spot.