Author Topic: neoprene overshoes  (Read 1157 times)

neoprene overshoes
« on: 20 August, 2021, 09:54:15 am »
August seems to be colder than usual or i am getting softer.  Anyway I can see me wanting some shoe protection before I really want to get the winter boots out.

Recommendations?  If it makes any difference I use speedplay so have a sizeable block on the sole of the shoe.

Re: neoprene overshoes
« Reply #1 on: 20 August, 2021, 10:02:32 am »
I bought a pair of Endura ones about 15 years ago.  They lasted quite a long time until one of the zips went.  I replaced them with some Altura ones, and then about 2 years ago one of the zips went.  Since then I've been wearing one of each (determined to get my money's worth!) but another zip has gone so a replacement pair of Endura ones are on order.

I don't see much difference between the quality of them, each pair was just what the (same) lbs had in stock at the time.  BUT do not be fooled by the sizing.  I did buy a pair of "large" Endura ones earlier this year.  They are not large, and would not fit on to my size 9s, hence the extra large now being on order.

« Reply #2 on: 20 August, 2021, 10:19:07 am »
I’m using the Planet X variety, bought a few years ago and still going strong. Out of stock at the moment but due in end Sept, apparently

A

Zed43

• prefers UK hills over Dutch mountains
« Reply #3 on: 20 August, 2021, 11:07:10 am »
I like toe covers (these are about the cheapest and work well)

« Reply #4 on: 20 August, 2021, 11:10:17 am »
I’m using the Planet X variety, bought a few years ago and still going strong. Out of stock at the moment but due in end Sept, apparently

A

My Planet X ones have outlasted similar more expensive versions and are now in their 10th year!
The sound of one pannier flapping

« Reply #5 on: 20 August, 2021, 11:11:43 am »
Is it for keeping feet warm or dry or both?  For wet conditions but not cold I just wear the sealskin cycling socks. Which seem to do the job.

« Reply #6 on: 20 August, 2021, 11:35:26 am »
more for the cold really. 

« Reply #8 on: 20 August, 2021, 02:53:42 pm »
IME, zips suck on shoe covers. Jam and break, usually when you have cold frozen fingers.

<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #9 on: 20 August, 2021, 03:08:41 pm »
IME, zips suck on shoe covers. Jam and break, usually when you have cold frozen fingers.

Definitely - velcro every time.
The sound of one pannier flapping

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #10 on: 21 August, 2021, 09:40:41 pm »
My BBB ones are lasting well.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.