Author Topic: Yet another left hook...  (Read 2632 times)

Yet another left hook...
« on: 20 August, 2008, 11:08:21 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/2GNEU5cil_E&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/2GNEU5cil_E&rel=1</a>

Apparently cyclists are stationary and disappear when you pass them!
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

spindrift

Re: Yet another left hook...
« Reply #1 on: 21 August, 2008, 08:55:50 am »
Blatantly saw you, blatantly overtook before turning. Wheeled out and shot.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #2 on: 21 August, 2008, 09:10:09 am »
Blatantly saw you, blatantly overtook before turning. Wheeled out and shot.

I agree.  With your video evidence I would refer the matter to the police. 

Unless we start reporting these morons on a regular basis, the authorities simply won't accept that there is a problem and won't do anything about it.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

LindaG

« Reply #3 on: 21 August, 2008, 09:11:04 am »
Blimey, who let that div drive a car?

« Reply #4 on: 21 August, 2008, 09:47:49 am »
I had a Post Office van do exactly the same thing to me yesterday.  Should have got the reg number and reported him.  At least you have video evidence.

« Reply #5 on: 21 August, 2008, 10:05:28 am »
BentMikey - when you have your camera on, do you have to tone down what you say?  When people do that sort of shit to me my response usually isn't "You stupid woman."  Mine would likely be something a bit more, um, colourful.  How do you restrain yourself?  8)

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #6 on: 21 August, 2008, 10:11:02 am »
::-) The driver is aware you are there, but still turns left.  I would really like to know what these people are thinking.
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #7 on: 21 August, 2008, 10:13:35 am »
::-) The driver is aware you are there, but still turns left.  I would really like to know if these people are thinking.

Corrected that for you...

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #8 on: 21 August, 2008, 10:13:48 am »
::-) The driver is aware you are there, but still turns left.  I would really like to know what these people are thinking.

"Thinking"?  Bwaahahahahahahahaha!
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #9 on: 21 August, 2008, 10:19:43 am »
BentMikey - when you have your camera on, do you have to tone down what you say?  When people do that sort of shit to me my response usually isn't "You stupid woman."  Mine would likely be something a bit more, um, colourful.  How do you restrain yourself?  8)

Hehehe, I used to swear a lot more too, but the camera has had an effect on my own behaviour, as well as that of other road users.  A year and a half's practice under the camera has helped, plus before that I was already trying to tone things down a lot because I found that restrained responses often have a lot more effect on the driver.

spindrift

« Reply #10 on: 21 August, 2008, 11:07:08 am »
Had you collided, I expect the response would have beeen:

"But I was indicating!"

« Reply #11 on: 21 August, 2008, 11:24:33 am »
More likely response would have been, "You came from nowhere and rode up the inside of me." Maybe even some rubbish about cars having right of way over the serfs riding bicycles.

« Reply #12 on: 21 August, 2008, 12:24:36 pm »

"But I was indicating!"

I'm sure you're right, and on the outside it looks like a well-meaning but slightly naive lady making a minor error.  But when you realise she's overtaken you on the outside, stayed in lane, waited and then moved across in front of you I don't buy that at all - more like she realised she could get away with it as you'd had enough time to react to her presence and would be planning an escape route.

I'd report it if I were you, don't let her get away with it.

« Reply #13 on: 21 August, 2008, 12:48:39 pm »

"But I was indicating!"

This was exactly the response I had when a girl in a mini switched lanes straight into the side of me in Battersea one evening. She initially denied we'd made contact at all. I really don't know what these idiots expect to happen. I usually say that they're lucky I wasn't on a motorobike and was able to stop in time as we'd both have ended up in hospital if I hadn't.

I really do think that car drivers know that if we do collide, they are not going to get hurt. Getting T-boned by a cyclist: dented door and insurance claim. Getting T-boned by a motorbike "Gosh how terrible, it's like that scary advert on the television isn't it?!"

« Reply #14 on: 21 August, 2008, 01:10:04 pm »
fair play - you were much more restrained than I would have managed.

I'd be turning into the garage behind her having some short words.

« Reply #15 on: 21 August, 2008, 01:30:51 pm »
fair play - you were much more restrained than I would have managed.

I'd be turning into the garage behind her having some short words.

I was slightly tempted, but it was really quite a minor thing IMO.  If I had, it would have been to get a closeup of her numberplate, to give her a chance to tell my youtube audience her excuses, and to suggest she would find her registration no. on youtube.  LOLOL!

Jacomus

• My favourite gender neutral pronoun is comrade
« Reply #16 on: 21 August, 2008, 01:45:05 pm »
A classic Mike, glad that it was pretty sedate.

It always amazes me the total lack of patience and understanding from motorists, though after reading the TRL report Drivers Perception of Cyclists I am no longer surprised by anything motons do.

That report seriously trashed my opinion of the motoring masses, but especially bus and truck drivers who had the poorest opinion of cyclists. I had always assumed they were quite respectful, but now believe they are simply excercising a responsibility to their training when they pass me.
"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." Amelia Earhart

« Reply #17 on: 25 August, 2008, 06:25:10 pm »
I was advised many years ago to be loud, forceful and definite - but clean.

The idea is to get witnesses on your side.

A clear "Watch Out" is fine. In cases similar to this I have shouted "DO NOT TURN" as the car came alongside. It sometimes works, but always gets more sympathy than a load of verbals!

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #18 on: 25 August, 2008, 06:36:51 pm »
"But I was indicating!"
Yeah, I've had that.

More likely response would have been, "You came from nowhere and rode up the inside of me." 
Yup, that too.

I've also had,
"You were going too fast"
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.