Author Topic: Air beds - aargh.  (Read 1892 times)

Air beds - aargh.
« on: 05 August, 2010, 05:12:41 pm »
Our Coleman comfort double was great until one half punctured.  I spent ages finding a p*nct*r* (bed inflated vertically in bath, rubbed down with the shampoo lather etc) before we went camping recently, so fixed this and it stayed up too.  First night camping it goes down.  Fortunately I'd taken a spare single.  I've had another go at finding the p*nct*r*, twice.  Can't find a thing.  It's not the first patch, nor the valve.  Dump it?  Any other tricks?
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

Re: Air beds - aargh.
« Reply #1 on: 05 August, 2010, 07:13:49 pm »
Someone on OutdoorsMagic suggested using this stuff to find a slow leak  Rocol Leak Detector Spray - Rocol Aerosols - Rocol Products - Online Bearings
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #2 on: 06 August, 2010, 01:10:07 am »
Is it one of the new plasticy ones or the older fabric style ones?
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #3 on: 06 August, 2010, 11:00:34 am »
Thanks a & v.  Shiny vinyl with flocked surface.  It's frustrating - I also tried letting most of the air out and squidging it around in bath 1/2 full of water.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #4 on: 09 August, 2010, 02:56:43 pm »
Sounds like a teeny tiny self sealing hole, the that stays closed by itself but weight on the bed opens it up.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #5 on: 15 August, 2010, 05:30:53 pm »
Found it.   :thumbsup:   Inflated a-b on a small groundsheet on the lawn this time, and shampooed it, found a small puncture on the side of a-b. 

And word to Mr Coleman Comfort... no one lets me down a third time...  ;)