Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Knowledge / Re: Old steel-
« Last post by Asterix, the former Gaul. on Today at 10:13:01 pm »
Years ago I bought a 1987 British Eagle Touristique off eBay to commute into York on.  It was shabby but not rusty, 12 speed with DT shifters.  Since then it's had a complete makeover, Ellis Briggs checked out the frame and re-enamelled it.  With updated componentry and now 18 speeds it's a great bike to ride.  Doesn't look as good as Andyoxon's admittedly but I wouldn't part with it.
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by Robh on Today at 10:12:03 pm »
Drown In My Own Tears - Ray Charles
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 09:56:41 pm »
Head Over Heels - Tears For Fears
Where The Wild Things Are / Re: What is your pet doing right now?*
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 09:51:31 pm »
Dose, and therefore cost, depends on cat weight.  A bottle will last Dumps over 100 days as the stuff keeps for months.  Fewer vet visits are needed because there is no risk of hypoglycaemia, so it sort of evens out.

It was only approved last year and can only be given to "happy diabetic" cats that are insulin-resistant but not insulin-deficient (i.e. Type 2 diabetes), have no ketones in their urine, and have never had insulin therapy. There are human equivalents, which are also newish.
Health & Fitness / Re: Cross Training: Running
« Last post by chrisbainbridge on Today at 09:50:41 pm »
That is why Kipchoge manages a couple of marathons per year and kilian jornet races every week.  The difference in impact from tarmac or pavement is massive.
« Last post by IanDG on Today at 09:48:28 pm »
Over under sideways down - The Yardbirds
Health & Fitness / Re: The path to regaining fitness
« Last post by chrisbainbridge on Today at 09:48:24 pm »
As helly said. You went back too early as you are male, overachiever and had minimally invasive surgery.
However you still had massive body injury.

If I ever need that surgery I will be carb loading as for a 600k ride then taking at least 8 weeks off work with a protein rich diet with adequate carbs, walking some and then progressing through a couch to 5k program, etc.

Be sensible.
Food & Drink / Re: Doorstep Milk delivery
« Last post by hellymedic on Today at 09:48:10 pm »
Milkandmore are now selling milk in cartons for £1.09 per pint, while they charge £1.25 for milk in glass bottles. They’re also selling litre cartons.
Seems like the days of glass bottles are numbered.

They’re giving their milkmen both May Bank Holidays off and delivering extra milk in advance of the weekend.

Warburton’s bread prices on milkandmore are competitive now.
The Pub / Re: Your Wikipedia find of the week
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 09:44:58 pm »
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Jim_Sullivan

When you're a shit-hot sitar player up against the likes of Ravi Shankar but you are unrelentingly British in appearance and origin and, moreover, called Big Jim.Sullivan, you need a stage name.

https://youtu.be/122__aBqSvY?si=Nk67O58uDXIoEA16
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 09:40:13 pm »
Love In An Elevator - Aerosmith
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10