Author Topic: Football manager swears live on TV  (Read 2721 times)

Football manager swears live on TV
« on: 07 May, 2019, 10:23:21 pm »
And I don't blame him!  Just witnessed the best performance by an English football team in Europe I've ever seen  :thumbsup:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48179167
The sound of one pannier flapping

Re: Football manager swears live on TV
« Reply #1 on: 07 May, 2019, 11:04:39 pm »
Back to Gary in the studio: ‘I’ve been asked to apologize on behalf of Jurgen Koop but I’m not going to.’

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #2 on: 08 May, 2019, 01:14:18 pm »
This photo is surely worthy of a Pulitzer:

"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

caerau

• SR x 3 - PBP fail but 1090 km - hey - not too bad
« Reply #3 on: 08 May, 2019, 01:27:32 pm »
Since I'm a Liverpool fan, can I be the first to be mighty embarrassed that I missed it yesterday because I got Bank-Holiday-itis and thought it was bloody Monday  :facepalm:

Only found out after when looking upon facebook. :-[

I will NOT be missing Jun 1st.
It's a reverse Elvis thing.

« Reply #4 on: 08 May, 2019, 03:59:05 pm »
This photo is surely worthy of a Pulitzer:

Thanks for that - kept for the scrapbook  ;D :thumbsup:
The sound of one pannier flapping

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #5 on: 08 May, 2019, 06:22:28 pm »
That corner leading to the final goal was extraordinary. Even at that level, players get into a routine and stop thinking. Great presence of mind by the corner-taker.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

caerau

• SR x 3 - PBP fail but 1090 km - hey - not too bad
« Reply #6 on: 08 May, 2019, 07:41:09 pm »
That corner leading to the final goal was extraordinary. Even at that level, players get into a routine and stop thinking. Great presence of mind by the corner-taker.

And a very alert ball-boy from what I've been reading.  :thumbsup:
It's a reverse Elvis thing.

« Reply #7 on: 08 May, 2019, 08:04:34 pm »
Back to Gary in the studio: ‘I’ve been asked to apologize on behalf of Jurgen Koop but I’m not going to.’
I get fed up when radio and tv presenters apologise for the odd swear word the gets transmitted
when they're broadcasting. It's not as if the audience hasn't heard cuss words before.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #8 on: 08 May, 2019, 09:21:56 pm »
I get fed up when radio and tv presenters apologise for the odd swear word the gets transmitted
when they're broadcasting. It's not as if the audience hasn't heard cuss words before.

Too damn right he should apologise - he didn’t go nearly far enough. He should have called Luis Suarez a cunt.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #9 on: 08 May, 2019, 11:12:51 pm »

Too damn right he should apologise - he didn’t go nearly far enough. He should have called Luis Suarez a cunt.

To be fair to Luis Suarez he said he wouldn't celebrate scoring against Liverpool and he was true to his word.
et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur