Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Happy to help if I can at Brampton. Email sent.
I don't seem to have had an email, I've sent you a direct message from the YACF system or if you can resend the message. Thanks, Andy
Arts and Entertainment / Re: Radio 4Extra WTF
« Last post by Cudzoziemiec on Today at 04:25:02 pm »
He was quite serious about it. But I agree with jazz being a very deep – and wide – pool. Like all such pools, it contains turds and sharks as well as beautiful creatures.
Gallery / Re: A bridge I cycled over...
« Last post by Feanor on Today at 04:23:30 pm »
I seem to remember that there are clever curly-wurly bridges over canals, so that the 'orse can go from the towpath on one side to t'other without having to un-hitch...
Arts and Entertainment / Re: Radio 4Extra WTF
« Last post by Robh on Today at 04:20:17 pm »
The short answer is that you don't. I can only imagine that your friend was having a little joke. I don't count myself as an expert, though I have a large collection of music of all sorts, and quite a library of books on music. Nor do I consider myself particularly intelligent. In my view it is folly to attempt to classify what is or what isn't 'jazz' - or any genre, come to that. It comes down to what connects with you. As Mike says, 'jazz' is a very deep pool. Even within the output of one musician - John Coltrane, for example - you have what might pass as 'smooth' (his work with John Hartman) through to his later experimental work (which I find pretty challenging). Personally, I can't connect with much of what is termed 'Free Jazz', so I don't bother listening to it. But do I manage to get along quite happily listening to everything from Jelly Roll Morton, or Louis Armstrong's Hot Fives and Sevens, through to the Ezra Collective, Robert Glasper, Ambrose Akinmusire, Yussef Dayes, etc., without losing sleep over whether or not it counts as 'jazz'.
Blimey Beardy! Well, having looked at Paramo's website, I can tell you that the Evolution model is rather a bold fashion-forward statement and therefore not becoming to a modest, retiring chap like yourself. It is also MUCH more expensive. So the standard Velez Adventure Smock would be indicated. As for red, green or brown, take your pick, then pick again. Remember, at the end of the day, it's a present from Dr Beardy (Mrs) to you, so you should accept and be grateful for whatever she decides. Sorted!
OT Gallery / Re: Interesting or unusual planes?
« Last post by TimC on Today at 04:11:23 pm »
Since the C-130 was retired, the A400 now takes on all the tactical low level stuff the C-130 used to do. Well, not all - the C-17 does some of it, but it's so much larger that it's impractical for much of it. Even the A400 is too large for most of what the Army want to do, which makes it ridiculous that they just got rid of the best aeroplane for the job! But, put simply, there's nothing smaller in the inventory that can do it, so it has to be the A400. The crews love it, of course, but they loved it more in the Herc!
The Pub / Re: Can we reboot Tune Association?
« Last post by Wowbagger on Today at 04:11:10 pm »
Yes, I'm all in favour of the removal of a huge chunk of Tune Association. I've never heard of >90% of them anyway.
Gallery / Re: A bridge I cycled over...
« Last post by Little Jim on Today at 04:10:13 pm »
Yes, it is only a footpath looking at the OS map, and I have never been over the bridge either so I do not know what the path is like on the north side of the motorway.  You can drive to the south side as there are some industrial units there.
The Pub / Re: Can we reboot Tune Association?
« Last post by Wowbagger on Today at 04:10:11 pm »
I suppose deleting everything a random poster , say Larrington, has ever posted would save shed loads. Would we miss his erudite raffle from the past? Undoubtedly. Would he soon generate a shed load more. Indisputably.

Cull Larrington I say. You know it makes sense.

:demon:

That would be unbearable.
I agree it’s a no brainer to go for the heavier weight, but that now means the Evolution is back in play. Yes it’s more expensive again, but…

As for colour, well I’m bound to make the wrong choice there. I especially liked the limited edition l/w adventure that I chose first time around and that’s not a colour way that’s available in ether the Adventure of the Evolution.

Did a say I can be a bit indecisive?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10