Author Topic: Today's SPAM  (Read 120749 times)

ian

Re: Today's SPAM
« Reply #250 on: 03 January, 2020, 09:11:04 am »
It's not entirely reassuring the number of texts I get purporting to be from EE claiming there was an issue with payment and can I provide my details here. (Since I'm on EE, that's either coincidence or something else.)

« Reply #251 on: 25 March, 2020, 07:10:46 pm »
Yippee - I can buy face masks in the UK according to today's rash
Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

Phil W

« Reply #252 on: 25 March, 2020, 07:16:41 pm »
It's not entirely reassuring the number of texts I get purporting to be from EE claiming there was an issue with payment and can I provide my details here. (Since I'm on EE, that's either coincidence or something else.)

EE probably have an allocation of mobile number ranges. It can probably be found out somewhere. So it may be targeted at EE numbers but that doesn’t mean it’s targeted at you.

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #253 on: 25 March, 2020, 08:09:01 pm »
I had one from 3 about difficulties with my monthly payment not long ago, and I'm on 3, but PAYG, so even though the url was plausible (mythree-limited.com), it was an obvious scam.
et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur

« Reply #254 on: 25 March, 2020, 10:09:39 pm »
My Facebook and Yahoo accounts have been hacked. I am still receiving emails from
people whom I only ever contacted on those two social media accounts years ago.
The spam emails are all virtually identical; nothing in the subject line, sometimes a http
link that has a strikethrough. I've long since close both of them.

I've tried checking the source IP addresses (which I assume could be the IP addresses of
the devices that are being used to send the spam emails) and they appear to originate
from different parts of the world.

It could be hackers are sharing it, or one hacker is using multiple stolen IP address to
hide his/her true whereabouts?

« Reply #255 on: 25 March, 2020, 11:04:18 pm »
Spivs international.
MOQ: 1000 pcs

We have large quantity of disposable masks in stock, we can provide fast delivery!

During the epidemic, especially the demand for masks was very large, and a situation of difficult to find a mask appeared. Now we have stocked masks available. If there is a demand, please don't hesitate to let me know if there's any inquiry.

Best regards,

Steven Xiu

« Reply #256 on: 07 April, 2020, 11:53:39 am »
One from Gov.UK telling me I need to give them my card details so they can give me a £531 tax credit.     From a telenet.BE email address........   Must be the same lot who say I need to renew my TV licence  :facepalm:
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #257 on: 26 April, 2020, 09:02:05 am »
Congratulations first name,

Your email address was exclusively selected.

We are pleased to let you know that you are among the few who have been selected to enter the final draw for the giveaway of Lidl voucher worth £1,000.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #258 on: 09 June, 2020, 12:18:42 pm »
From HSE Health & Safety 12:15 <complaint51@hse.online>
To:- info@[personal domain]
This is an official notification regarding an occurring investigation (case D3DTD) made by our team (Health & Safety Executive).

We have received a complaint against your company regarding possible violations during the period of March - April 2020.
The main reason described in the complaint is regarding the inability of your company to adapt and respect the government regulations during this period.
We will begin our investigation targeting a period of the past three months.
The complainant will remain anonymous until an eventual trial will begin.
Sanctions:
      possible sanctions may include the permanent suspension of your company's activity
      a complaint with the local prosecutor
Before we move forward we are expecting an answer from you and we will also schedule a phone call to discuss things further.
The complaint in full has been attached to this message, including the official HSE accusation.
Note: This email was sent from a notification-only email address which cannot accept incoming email. Please do not reply directly to this message and wait for our call and hard copy letter.​
Health & Safety Executive
HSE Complaint Escalation
https://www.hse.gov.uk/contact/authority.htm

(Attachment was an Excell spreadsheet)
Quote from: Kim
Paging Diver300.  Diver300 to the GSM Trimphone, please...

« Reply #259 on: 09 June, 2020, 12:46:21 pm »
I have had the 'TV license payment not going through' a couple of times recently.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #260 on: 09 June, 2020, 12:55:31 pm »
Most of the emails in my spam folder are from the fascist, loofa-faced shitgibbon in The White House.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #261 on: 09 June, 2020, 01:30:14 pm »
Should I be honoured?

Hello,

I am Adams from MARYLAND, USA. it's nice to connect with you. I am a full member of the illuminati organization,I believe you have heard about this elite order.Mostly of how rich, famous, powerful and successful the order has become over the years. Joining The Illuminati will give you a life like you have never known before, filled with all the rich rewards of success and personal power.

The Illuminati is based on different knowledge and some of this knowledge are leading so many people astray thinking that illuminati is a bad organization,the Illuminati is an organization that comes together as one helping individuals who are ready and willingly to help themselves

This is an invitation / opportunity for you to be part of this elite order.
Your response would be kindly needed regarding this great opportunity.

Kind Regards,
Dixon Adams(ORIENT).

« Reply #262 on: 09 June, 2020, 01:39:15 pm »
Most illuminating.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #263 on: 09 June, 2020, 01:54:25 pm »
I give it another 3 emails before they ask for a membership fee of $5000 by Western Union.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #264 on: 09 June, 2020, 10:46:02 pm »
Dear Sir/Madam,

This proposal might come to you as a surprise, since it is from someone you do not know or have never seen before, but based on HONEST/SINCERE, I had to contact you believing that you are a reputable person and as such you cannot run away with my own share of the money after the conclusion of the transaction.

I am Mr. Khumalo Shabalala the Director and Co-ordinator of Finance and Contract Department of the Minerals and Energy with South African Government. The crux of this letter is that the Finance / Contract Department of the DME deliberately over-inflated the contract values of various contract awarded. In the course of disbursement of the original contract value, my office was able to track down the sum of US$32 Million United States Dollars as the over invoiced sum. This money is now floating in the DME domiciliary account with the South African Reserve Bank (SARB).

I now want to present you as the FOREIGN CONTRACTOR that execute the JOB so that the paying bank will quickly transfer this fund to a safe nominated foreign account for possible investment abroad. I’m not allowed as a matter of government policy to operate any foreign account because of our status as civil / public servants.

Hence the needs to solicit for a partner abroad to enable us transfer this money into your foreign bank account. Upon your acceptance of this proposal, I have also agreed on a sharing ratio of;

1. 45% IS FOR YOU AS THE ACCOUNT OWNER.
2. 50% IS FOR ME.
3. 5% will be set aside to cover all incidental expenses both locally and internationally during the course of this transaction, which will be shared to both of us at the end of the transaction according to each parties input.

Furthermore, I shall be coming over to your country when the money is finally in your account and I shall be relying on your advice as regards to investment of my share. Be informed that this business is genuine and 100% risk free.

This is to affect the swift transfer of this fund into your account in less than 10 working days.

Contact me strictly via my email address kshabalalaa1@gmail.com while looking

Forward to a healthy business relationship with you.

Yours Faithfully,

Mr.  Khumalo Shabalala
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #265 on: 11 June, 2020, 08:12:01 pm »
Commendably brief.

Juliet Jean

Subject: Hi

Hi

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #266 on: 22 June, 2020, 09:32:20 am »
I had one from 3 about difficulties with my monthly payment not long ago, and I'm on 3, but PAYG, so even though the url was plausible (mythree-limited.com), it was an obvious scam.

Another one yesterday. Apparently the practice is known as smishing.

« Reply #267 on: 09 July, 2020, 10:28:53 am »
just had an automated message to inform me that HMRC have got a tax warrant out for me and that I should press one otherwise I will be arrested!

« Reply #268 on: 09 July, 2020, 10:31:45 am »
Twice now, funds going abroad, to stop press 1 in next 15mins etc. Isn't it about time phones had unique identifiers?

« Reply #269 on: 09 July, 2020, 11:22:39 am »
just had an automated message to inform me that HMRC have got a tax warrant out for me and that I should press one otherwise I will be arrested!

I've had a couple of those.
I love the faux dramatic way in which the message is delivered. But, TBF, for someone of a less robust constitution, it might not be so funny.

« Reply #270 on: 09 July, 2020, 01:11:16 pm »
I
I've had a couple of those.
I love the faux dramatic way in which the message is delivered. But, TBF, for someone of a less robust constitution, it might not be so funny.

I agree, as someone who does not understand money or the taxman and considers accountants somewhat akin to practitioners of black arts, I had a short surge in adrenaline flow.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #271 on: 11 July, 2020, 11:42:11 pm »

With semi regularity I get a set of 4 emails, always bumf for property investment schemes. Always to the same 4 addresses.

The location and the text changes with each one, but they are pretty formulaic in their composition. They also all have an unsubscribe link in the bottom of the mail.

I've always just tagged the mails as spam and ignored them, but I'm starting to wonder if the unsubscribe link will actually work, or if it will just confirm my email address as a live one...

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

« Reply #272 on: 12 August, 2020, 08:36:41 pm »
2 x SMS spam today , saying I'm owed a refund from the DVLA & asking me to click the link.......     :hand:

I've not owned a car for 20 years, so doubt the DVLA owe me very much.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #273 on: 13 August, 2020, 02:46:34 pm »
I had one on the phone the other day, telling me that my BT account had ben hacked and unless I connect to an operator by pressing 1 now, my phone line and broadband would be compromised.
I 1471'd it.
A number with a New York area code....

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #274 on: 29 August, 2020, 10:55:12 am »

That would be my non-existent HSBC account