Author Topic: thanks to ice  (Read 3117 times)

thanks to ice
« on: 20 May, 2009, 08:52:11 pm »
on friday evening when riding my qnt near my mums in fetcham, i wa s going uphill and the trike started to un out of track. my first thought was i had broken the rear qr axle. i had broken the swing arm chainstay  :'(. i was able to ride gently back to my mum's and i phoned d tek who said he would speak to ice on monday morning. he phoned me on monday and asked me to phone ice which i did. it turns out my swing arm was a early one which they would replace for me . on tuesday morning the new swing are arrived together with some tires i had ordered and by the evening i had my qnt running again . today i got my new tires on  :).
i wish all company's treated there customers so kindly when they have problems .
                            thank you ice  :thumbsup: :)
the slower you go the more you see

Re: thanks to ice
« Reply #1 on: 20 May, 2009, 09:31:40 pm »
Cool, great service there :thumbsup:. Glad the trice is running again :D.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

byegad

« Reply #2 on: 20 May, 2009, 10:26:30 pm »
Typical of ICE. I haven't had any real problems but whenever I've rang them or emailed or bought from them the service has been excellent.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #3 on: 21 May, 2009, 07:28:11 am »
Yes, me too. The parts aren't the cheapest but they always arrive reliably and fit properly.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

literida

« Reply #4 on: 23 May, 2009, 10:18:07 pm »
I hear the latest version of the swingarm has an extra plate of ally welded to to it. Word has it they discovered the problem when giving their mum a lift home, maybe you should take the trailer in future cm ;)

« Reply #5 on: 26 May, 2009, 11:00:44 pm »
It's tales like this which make me glad I've just bought one of their products!

And it has three of the new shiny black wheels  :thumbsup:

« Reply #6 on: 01 June, 2009, 09:57:21 pm »
It's tales like this which make me glad I've just bought one of their products!

And it has three of the new shiny black wheels  :thumbsup:

What's these shiny BLACK wheels then?
I've just bought a black one and it has silver wheels. I'd rather have had black  :-[
Never knowingly under caffeinated

« Reply #7 on: 02 June, 2009, 07:59:07 am »
just do not clean them . they will soon go black  ;D

« Reply #8 on: 02 June, 2009, 03:21:17 pm »
just do not clean them . they will soon go black  ;D

So, is you saying that your Trice isn't really black? ;D

I've cleaned it more often than I've ridden it so far!  ;)

« Reply #9 on: 02 June, 2009, 11:11:36 pm »
These black wheels  ;D

Tim

« Reply #10 on: 02 June, 2009, 11:15:17 pm »
That looks like a remarkably well tended campsite!

« Reply #11 on: 03 June, 2009, 09:20:27 am »
probably expensive though  ;D. nice trice :thumbsup:

« Reply #12 on: 03 June, 2009, 01:16:48 pm »
 They look nice; I'd have liked them! I'm trying hard not to be jealous  ;)

Don't see many similarities to cycleman's Trice; no broken spokes or bits hanging off  ;D

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #13 on: 03 June, 2009, 01:30:54 pm »
They look nice; I'd have liked them! I'm trying hard not to be jealous  ;)

Don't see many similarities to cycleman's Trice; no broken spokes or bits hanging off  ;D

Not much similarity to mine either - banjokat's handlebars are attached to the rest of the machine by more than the brake lines and track rods :(

Note to self: get the drill out, muppet!
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Sigurd Mudtracker

« Reply #14 on: 03 June, 2009, 08:50:44 pm »
That's rather nice.

I note your new QR mudguard - I have the old, single sided one and it drives me daft with its rattling on rough roads.  I keep meaning to phone up ICE and order on of the new ones.

« Reply #15 on: 03 June, 2009, 11:56:36 pm »
Yeah, I'm glad they offered it just before I ordered mine - I was never happy with the looks of the stock mtb thingy or the price of the full wrap one.

Regarding the campsite - dare I say I put the tent up to make sure me and the trike would both fit in snugly together  :-[

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #16 on: 04 June, 2009, 09:50:33 am »
Oh, hadn't realised there was a new mudguard. The placcy one I have drives me potty too with its rattling and its tendency to work loose. Plus according to my husband, it doesn't keep him from getting sprayed with water if he's triking behind me.

I shall look at the price of the new mudguard, suck my teeth a bit, then maybe give it a go!
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

byegad

« Reply #17 on: 04 June, 2009, 01:41:55 pm »
I bodged a standard 26" rack onto my QNT and zip tied my old style rear guard to it. No more rattle and it now stops a lot of the spray from the rear wheel coming over my head!

Jonno

« Reply #18 on: 15 January, 2010, 10:42:15 am »
It would also be good if companies recgnised their potential liabilites like ICE do.
I have had free Velcro brake straps replaced by them without a quibble, and other bbits and pieces.

If they don't know about the legal duty of care, they certainly act on it. Customer goodwill is high on their balance sheet.

Cheers
Jonno