Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
For touring I use Ortleib front panniers but used on the rear rack. I like them. Good at keeping water out and seemingly hard wearing, plus, I use the carry straps meaning I can walk around with them over my shoulder and still have my hands free.

I also have a seat pack from Birzman used when bike packing. It's ok but if I were going to buy another bag of the same style I'd get a holstered version e.g. Restrap. Reason being the simplicity of removing the bag and not having to refit later which, in the case of the Birzman, is faffy.

I have a "front loader" bar bag from Topeak which uses a cylindrical dry bag with valve which means you can stuff the bag, squeeze it (with the valve open), then close the valve to keep the compacted size. The valve leaks over time and the bag gets slowly bigger. Going forward, I'd probably buy the Restrap version as you can fit, what they call, an food bag.
Online quizzes / Re: Squaredle
« Last post by Wowbagger on Today at 01:39:52 pm »
I played https://squaredle.com 04/25:
54/54 words (+8 bonus words)
🎯 In the top 45% by accuracy
🔥 Solve streak: 4
The Pub / Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Last post by matthew on Today at 01:23:29 pm »
Where as in my area we have a mix of 8 or 10 car trains on the line into London. However, because of a reassessment of the line from Staines to Windsor the older 8 car trains (without loos) don't fit in the platform somewhere on the branch. Therefore the more modern rolling stock with loos has had to be taken off my line to serve Windsor despite travelling at least an additional half hour and serving 8 more stations.

I tend to try the "If you see something that doesn't look right report it to a member of staff or contact British transport police.  see it, say it, sort it" of being a smart alec with the staff. "something isn't right, ... that rolling stock has no place on this route". It generally gets a weak smile and a "hopefully the new trains will be ready soon".
Caption It / Re: Caption it #2084
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 01:23:06 pm »
Females have inherently poor balance and need that extra wheel.
The Pub / Re: Captain Tom
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 01:20:33 pm »
A waggish estate agent would list it as "desirable detached property, spa-free".
The Pub / Re: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread
« Last post by phantasmagoriana on Today at 01:14:08 pm »
I'm still a div, but fortunately, Kryptonite aren't - replacement keys (the spare will be kept in a safe place with the other keys rather than some super secret safe place that remains unfound) arrived from the USA today. They work! :thumbsup:

Health & Fitness / Re: Prescription glasses
« Last post by mrcharly-YHT on Today at 01:11:07 pm »
They got the computer glasses spot on - he measured me sat at his computer, checked distances, clarity to corner of screen.

I think something has seriously gone wrong with the lens production. Been wearing varifocals for over 6 years and never had these problems.
Racing / Re: RATN 2024.
« Last post by JonBuoy on Today at 01:03:43 pm »
OK.

Now I understand.

I haven't read your post yet but spotted a couple of people I know amongst the entrants  :thumbsup:
That's probably fudgable for a guest speaker, but not so much for eg. an interpreter or software training provider.  Hence everything revolves around agencies, who a) take their cut  and are  b) crap   which means that  c) many people the university might want to hire refuse to work for them.
Caption It / Re: Caption it #2084
« Last post by T42 on Today at 12:59:17 pm »
A pair of trouser clips then it's off to sell some insurance.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10