Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 2459728 times)

Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #23250 on: 26 August, 2022, 08:12:59 pm »
Sitting with the dog, watching the sun on the waves at Seaton Carew.
A small seaside town squeezed between those well known beauty spots, Middlesbrough and Hartlepool.   ;D
Can you smell my former workplace?

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #23251 on: 26 August, 2022, 08:34:55 pm »
A small seaside town squeezed between those well known beauty spots, Middlesbrough and Hartlepool.   ;D

Possibly.  Where was that.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

« Reply #23252 on: 26 August, 2022, 09:08:10 pm »
Sat in field near kettering, looking at a cloudy sky with a telescope at Greenbelt.

ian

« Reply #23253 on: 26 August, 2022, 11:22:14 pm »
Travelling home from the last mothership party of the summer. Thinking I should have booked a hotel.

« Reply #23254 on: 26 August, 2022, 11:42:05 pm »
Ah! Inner city living.  The sound of smashing glass & drunk chaps threatening each other....
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #23255 on: 27 August, 2022, 08:26:00 am »
Sitting here reading this when I should be up a ladder driving screws.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #23256 on: 28 August, 2022, 11:49:14 am »
Contemplating applying the, *bling* new bar tape wot I was given for my birthday. Its apparently made from "PU"

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

« Reply #23257 on: 30 August, 2022, 09:33:01 pm »
On a sleeper train and expecting a passport check at Passau. Which was a surprise.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #23258 on: 30 August, 2022, 10:24:00 pm »

Possibly.  Where was that.
Doesn't  matter around there ;D
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #23259 on: 31 August, 2022, 10:24:24 am »
Savouring the aftertaste of a cappuccino and wishing I had another.

Clare

• Is in NZ
« Reply #23260 on: 05 September, 2022, 10:46:19 am »
Watching ANZ578 on Flightradar.

Clare

• Is in NZ
« Reply #23261 on: 05 September, 2022, 11:31:44 am »
aaaaand it's parked.

ian

« Reply #23262 on: 05 September, 2022, 11:17:02 pm »
Waiting for my dinner. Checks wife’s flight. Due 0017. Then she has to get through Gatwick and taxi home.

At least they’ve put a thunderstorm on for me. Need cheese.

ian

« Reply #23263 on: 05 September, 2022, 11:43:44 pm »
Now diverted. Oh she’ll be incandescent. More so given they seem to know where it’s been diverted to.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #23264 on: 06 September, 2022, 07:57:35 am »
The cheese'll melt.

Meanwhile, I'm procrastinating.  Coffee then barn door or sit doing nowt for another half an hour?

ian

« Reply #23265 on: 06 September, 2022, 08:14:03 am »
She used some language most unbecoming for a lady from Sarfend when she arrived at London Gatwick Paris. Turned up at home in the middle of the night, mumbling something about her taxi not bothering to turn up at 3.30 am. While I'm not exactly surprised, I don't want to be that taxi company later today.

« Reply #23266 on: 06 September, 2022, 09:36:40 am »
Watching a presenation by our company President. Amazingly (given we're a Japanese company) it would appear the Q&A (with other group company presidents of course) hasn't been scripted. Which is a shame as it might actually have been informative (FCVO informative).
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #23267 on: 06 September, 2022, 11:08:07 am »
Outpatients waiting area 1, round 2.  Getting rather sick of daytime telly noise.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #23268 on: 06 September, 2022, 11:25:07 am »
Outpatients waiting area 1, round 2.  Getting rather sick of daytime telly noise.

That is the worst thing about NHS waiting rooms.  The bloody telly.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #23269 on: 06 September, 2022, 12:51:40 pm »
An hour and a half for a consultant orthopaedic surgeon to sellotape a paperclip to barakta's leg.  Badly.

As outpatients experiences go, that counts as 'not great, but not terrible'.

ian

« Reply #23270 on: 06 September, 2022, 01:28:15 pm »
She used some language most unbecoming for a lady from Sarfend when she arrived at London Gatwick Paris. Turned up at home in the middle of the night, mumbling something about her taxi not bothering to turn up at 3.30 am. While I'm not exactly surprised, I don't want to be that taxi company later today.

That was a storm I heard downstairs in the remote command centre. Really, I'm not sure that was the anatomically feasible advice on where to put their taxis.

It was shit though, her driver left her a message to say he was fed up waiting and going home, call the taxi office (which was closed). Considering airport runs come at a significant premium (£50 for a twenty-minute driver precisely because there's no guarantee) I'd agree with her parking advice. If you're providing an airport taxi service, thems the breaks.

« Reply #23271 on: 06 September, 2022, 01:38:20 pm »

That is the worst thing about NHS waiting rooms.  The bloody telly.

Actually, I hate the seating.  Considering how long you spend there it would be nice to actually get a moderately comfy perch as oppose to a pile of broken bricks to sit on.

As for the TV:  I cannot see it and I'm likely to be listening to something through my Aeropex headphones which I have downloaded onto my fondleslab.

ian

« Reply #23272 on: 06 September, 2022, 01:53:12 pm »
The last time I sat in the GP waiting room the TV was showing adverts for Funeral Directors.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #23273 on: 06 September, 2022, 01:54:51 pm »
In hospital seating news, at least they've finally managed to clean the last of the schmoo off the headrests[1] of every other seat[2] in the radiology waiting area.  You had to sit perched forward to stop your hair sticking to it.

And no, it wasn't soluble in hand sanitiser gel, or whatever it is the equipment cleaning wipes are soaked in.  A bored HCA and I tried last September.

[1] The supremely uncomfortable high-backed ones that are optimised for people with mobility impairments to get in and out of, rather than the rock hard ones you get in general outpatients areas.
[2] Legacy of COVID distancing signage.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #23274 on: 06 September, 2022, 02:04:49 pm »
As for the TV:  I cannot see it and I'm likely to be listening to something through my Aeropex headphones which I have downloaded onto my fondleslab.

First rule of hospital TVs is that if you can see the screen, the subtitles will be turned off.

The second rule is that the sound level will be carefully adjusted to be a few dB above background waiting room noise, so that it effectively drowns out any nurses whispering a mispronunciation of your name, while failing to achieve sufficient SNR to enable you to fully follow the programme.

The third rule is that you're not missing much.  It's either interviews with emergency services about historical incidents, anti-welfare-benefits propaganda, or something about decorating houses on a budget using MDF and/or tqt antique junk.  Interspersed with either trailers for more of the above, or - if it's a commercial channel - adverts for Vorderloans and funeral plans.

For a while Radiology had theirs showing a (mostly) silent animation explaining the history and principles of various imaging techniques, playing on a loop.  I thought that was rather good.