Author Topic: BHPC racing  (Read 59651 times)

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Re: BHPC racing
« Reply #300 on: 03 August, 2022, 07:57:20 pm »
Nice enough to see twice in three months, gosh! (I was intending to ride over and spectate enthusiastically, assist with something non-official, cause technical malfunctions, if I didn't enter.)
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #301 on: 08 August, 2022, 12:26:51 am »
Results now up at: http://forum.bhpc.org.uk/2022-round-7-bath-7th-august_topic7428_post68930.html#68930

A respectable first time at the Wacky Races by Cudzoziemiec.  I particularly like the way the flailing mudflap conveys a sense of speed:

Alas, none of those bottles contained petril, which we could have used to power the RFID voodoo and babbage-engine in the second race.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #302 on: 08 August, 2022, 05:27:32 am »
Whose was the white and yellow Milan SL in the background?
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #303 on: 08 August, 2022, 08:03:14 am »
Alas, none of those bottles contained petril, which we could have used to power the RFID voodoo and babbage-engine in the second race.
Only EPO and amphetamines.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #304 on: 08 August, 2022, 11:04:01 am »
Whose was the white and yellow Milan SL in the background?

Tim MacDonald.  (Top tip: You can map race numbers to riders by looking at the timing results.)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #305 on: 29 August, 2022, 11:27:57 pm »
An excellent weekend at Darley Moor, and not just because that tailbox I've been lugging around all season finally paid off...   :demon:

Results in the usual place.

ETA: Now with photo finishes

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #306 on: 06 September, 2022, 09:27:47 pm »
Did I mention that entries are now open for Gravesend?  Entries are now open for Gravesend.  17th & 18th September double bill.  Be there or be ...in Battle Mountain, USAnia.

https://shop.bhpc.org.uk/race-signon

ETA: And the committee have officially decided that we won't be cancelling on account of the Queen, unless the venue decides they're going to close or something.  Anyone who doesn't want to come can - as usual - have a full refund as long as they let us know before the entry deadline.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #307 on: 14 September, 2022, 02:23:50 pm »
There appears to be a problem with the BHPC's webby SCIENCE.  This is unfortunate, as we're entering the traditional "Ohshit, I'd better actually enter the race" period for Gravesend.

This had better not be Her Majesty's fault...

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #308 on: 14 September, 2022, 02:57:50 pm »
And it's back up.  Looks like WebWiz have been having notjbex problems as a result of planned maintenance going bad.

I'd strongly suggest anyone intending to come to Gravesend register as soon as possible, in case it goes down again:  https://shop.bhpc.org.uk/gravesend-2022-sat-17th-sun-18th-september

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #309 on: 19 September, 2022, 01:23:14 pm »
Results from Gravesend are up, thanks to a great sufficiency of petril, but no thanks to Impinj for crashing at the start of the 90 minute everyone-who-knows-how-to-work-the-jam-filled-babbage-engine-in-the-race race.

Barakta did well, in spit of most of her body conspiring against her.

I did reasonably well in the first 15 minute race, then progressively lost the plot due to bringing the wrong legs, the wrong gears and no cornering confidence.  I did manage to scoop up some E-points in the time trial, thobut.

An excellent turn-out from the arm-powered contingent, and a rubbish turnout from the faired-multitrack lot, who were presumably scared for their paintwork.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #310 on: 19 September, 2022, 01:29:04 pm »
Us unfaired multitrack types appreciate the chance to slide up the ranking a touch.

HK’s and my ‘House Championships’ continues apace with it all coming down to the wire at Hillingdon. Can the upright trike bridge the overall gap to the leading recumbent trike? Only time will tell!
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #311 on: 19 September, 2022, 01:37:25 pm »
Yep, I rode the baraktacycle (minus electrickery) there in 2019 and thought it was great fun.  Fast enough to lift a wheel, but not much risk of really over-cooking it.

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #312 on: 20 September, 2022, 12:42:05 pm »
A little video of the short race, from the 'hot seat'

https://youtu.be/NncsaUpaFY8

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #313 on: 20 September, 2022, 12:46:09 pm »
Great view of the barrows in action there...

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #314 on: 20 September, 2022, 04:09:41 pm »
Great view of the barrows in action there...

In action around slow corners where you need to pedal. It is even more fun watching a trikie leaning out a mile round a fast downhill bend, doing everything physically possible to keep the inside wheel down, not even touching the outside handlebar.
http://www.oldvelos.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Pic-11.jpg

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #315 on: 06 October, 2022, 04:46:18 pm »
And registrations for our final event of 2022: Hillingdon on the 16th of October are now open to non-memebrs.  There are only 7 places left, so book quickly to avoid disappointment.

There will be an awards ceremony and the club AGM after the racing.  You don't have to race to attend.  The AGM could be quite exciting, on account of a potential major restructuring of the club.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #316 on: 06 October, 2022, 04:53:44 pm »
[...]
The AGM could be quite exciting, on account of a potential major restructuring of the club.

Or not, seeing as Ian Prince has volunteered to take on the task of Magazine Wrangler.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #317 on: 06 October, 2022, 04:55:28 pm »
[...]
The AGM could be quite exciting, on account of a potential major restructuring of the club.

Or not, seeing as Ian Prince has volunteered to take on the task of Magazine Wrangler.

Indeed.  I just recycled that half of the post from last week, to add excitement.  It certainly sounds like Ian is going to go ahead with the role.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #318 on: 16 October, 2022, 06:58:02 pm »
Well, that was a nice day out.  Not even a Mighty Rushing Wind up the straight.  Will do photos after I've et me tea.  Kudos to HK for winning Teh n00bs Award, Barakta for pwning the e-assist class and Kim for making off with quite a lot of awards (though not yet the mrs joyful prize for rafia work).

Edit: Here be piccies...

« Reply #319 on: 16 October, 2022, 09:39:29 pm »
Nice photos Dave. Captures things.
I always enjoy getting over to Hillingdon, and was hoping to be present today, but life got in the way [in a way I would never happy to avoid either though]
Catch you next season hopefully.
Garry Broad

« Reply #320 on: 16 October, 2022, 09:57:07 pm »
All great stuff, though disappointed not to see Grabber collect his award.  Recognise K and N ok but was that LWaB on the red trike?

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #321 on: 16 October, 2022, 10:04:35 pm »
Dishonourable mention to cycleman, for coming third in the e-assist championship in spite of jettisoning assorted trike accessories mid-race, and to William T for growing a beard in time to collect the Junior trophy.

And respect to Team Northern Monkeys for causing the constructor contingent of the BHPC to mutter words to the effect of "gonna need a bigger shedde".

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #322 on: 16 October, 2022, 10:20:55 pm »
Yes, I managed to pip HK in a couple of overall HPV categories but ended up behind her in other categories. It was a pretty close-run thing between us but HK reckons that since she won a gong and I didn’t, that is worth a few more points and therefor she beat me in all categories.

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/Data/Sites/1/media/events/events22/BHPC_2022.html

« Reply #323 on: 16 October, 2022, 10:46:49 pm »
Spoken like a gentleman, D!

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #324 on: 16 October, 2022, 11:47:23 pm »
All great stuff, though disappointed not to see Grabber collect his award.  Recognise K and N ok but was that LWaB on the red trike?

This one certainly is:

PA160320 by Mr Larrington, on Flickr