Author Topic: 2 metric tonnes of Chocolate  (Read 1664 times)

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
2 metric tonnes of Chocolate
« on: 02 December, 2008, 07:31:15 pm »

We came back from the BAFTAs with two things, the trophy thingy and a replica made of solid chocolate. It's about the size of a plate and about 3 inches deep and weighs almost a tonne, honestly, you have to use the knife as a chisel to cut it despite it being left in a hot office for 2 days. Since yesterday half of it is gone hehe. Not the best chocolate but it's nice.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
Re: 2 metric tonnes of Chocolate
« Reply #1 on: 02 December, 2008, 07:33:02 pm »
This thread is useless without photos.
It is simpler than it looks.

nicknack

• Hornblower
« Reply #2 on: 02 December, 2008, 07:43:38 pm »
Bowels are a bit slack.
There's no vibrations, but wait.

« Reply #3 on: 02 December, 2008, 08:12:32 pm »
I have a friend who works in the transport fleet for a chocolate manufacturer. They ship chocolate in liquid form round the country in insulated tankers. These have to be cleaned out when they want to change from say minty to plain chocolate. He brings friends buckets of chocolate. It sets and you need a chisel to get the stuff out. Nom nom nom.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #4 on: 02 December, 2008, 08:17:08 pm »
Why transport in liquid form? Well I guess it's easier but surely you can fit more in a square section trailer than a round tanker?

Photo coming soon.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #5 on: 02 December, 2008, 08:19:25 pm »
Why transport in liquid form? Well I guess it's easier but surely you can fit more in a square section trailer than a round tanker?

Photo coming soon.

Because you would have to melt it again. To get it back into the machines that produce chocolate bars etc. When its liquid it can simply be pumped from the tanker straight into the production line.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.