Author Topic: mini-hatler - 200 miles in a day  (Read 14698 times)

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
Re: mini-hatler - 200 miles in a day
« Reply #25 on: 28 September, 2021, 12:05:01 am »
Yup. Into the pub at 10.45. The two friends he had with him from Oxford made that deadline possible. They held 20mph for huge chunks, and neither of them had done much riding at night.

Mini bonked about 5 miles from home and his Wahoo crashed a minute after the bonk.

210 miles for the day.

Needless to say he's pooped.

That is brilliant!

And glad to hear he has had a shit.  ;D
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #26 on: 28 September, 2021, 12:15:10 am »
Mission accomplished at 10.28…well done Joe (and his elders!).
10.28 was when his Wahoo gave up the ghost a couple of miles down the road.
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #27 on: 28 September, 2021, 12:18:45 am »
Only two mechanicals.

1) At the one point in the ride where we left him (to collect his mate from Reading and bring him back to where he was, he punctured. He got stuck getting the last bit of the bead on.He managed it, but it took him half an hour or so. We thought this might be the end of the last orders target.

2) The front light clamp of one of the Oxford crew fell apart on a bumpy section. Replaced with the spare Hope Vision 1 we had in the car.
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #28 on: 28 September, 2021, 12:20:18 am »
The friend who arrived in Reading had trained down from Manchester just to do this ride, having run a half marathon in 1.33 yesterday. On getting to Oxford he jumped on a train back to Manchester. Very cool.
Rust never sleeps

StuAff

• Folding not boring
« Reply #29 on: 28 September, 2021, 09:40:39 am »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Well done everyone!

« Reply #30 on: 28 September, 2021, 10:11:35 am »
That is brilliant!

And glad to hear he has had a shit.  ;D
:-D   :-D
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #31 on: 28 September, 2021, 10:51:08 am »
StuAff,

You were right about the timing. They were in the pub by 10.28.  The Wahoo gave up collating the route about 3 miles from the pub, so the track ends in Kingston.

Mini had bonked about a mile before that.

Av from Oxford to London was 17.2 (until he bonked and then that knocked it a bit).

I'm embarrassed to say that the Reigate Brighton leg was a very disappointing 13.9, but the wind was on the nose.
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #32 on: 28 September, 2021, 12:10:59 pm »
Well done that mini!

:thumbsup:

« Reply #33 on: 29 September, 2021, 11:41:29 pm »
Here's his update to the funding page : -

Hey all,
I wanted to say a massive thank you to all of you who've donated. I've been completely blown away by how much support this has received, it has made the tired legs today un-measurably worth it. I've been too worn out today, but I'm hoping to get a little write up on here tomorrow about the ride for those of you who haven't seen Mum's thousands of facebook posts or are interested to hear how it went. We made it back in time for a drink at the pub (spoilers??), though unfortunately not in time for some chips but overall the day was a big success. 215 miles all in, I'm not too sure you could even pay me to ride a bike again for a while.

Cheers,
Joe
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #34 on: 04 February, 2022, 10:44:12 pm »
I forgot to provide the final total - £2754.

Sadly he never got round to penning a full write-up. Uni stuff has rather got in the way.
Rust never sleeps