Author Topic: Getting back into the proverbial treadmill ...  (Read 1404 times)

Getting back into the proverbial treadmill ...
« on: 07 June, 2022, 07:39:39 pm »
As boringly and repetitively played out in Beardy's C25K thread I have been struggling with motivation recently.  I have taken the liberty of having a couple of weeks to clear my head and now ...

Today I went for a session of Hatha yoga and then a low intensity restart session in the gym.  It's feeling good to be active again.  The idea now is to have a range of activities rather than focus on just one so it's strength work, yoga, a bit of running and some swimming. 

They say that change is as good as a rest and I feel really good just now so I hope that it continues.

Re: Getting back into the proverbial treadmill ...
« Reply #1 on: 08 June, 2022, 07:02:28 am »
Some slight soreness in various parts of the body today but nothing that was not expected. 

« Reply #2 on: 08 June, 2022, 09:30:18 am »

Best wishes for ongoing progress with morale and persistence. Congrats!

« Reply #3 on: 08 June, 2022, 10:04:03 am »
So you are becoming a Yoga Bear?
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: 08 June, 2022, 04:57:17 pm »
I am a lapsed Yogi Bear.   ;D

« Reply #5 on: 15 June, 2022, 02:24:04 pm »
Yesterday's yoga was cancelled unfortunately.  Today I have been to the very comfortably air-conditioned gym and done 45 minutes on the machines. 

As an observation: there is always two staff permanently in the gym now whereas before February 2020 you'd be lucky to see one.  There is also a different personal trainer with whom I had a brief chat. 

It has taken me a couple of sessions to find all of the machines that I routinely used to use.  There were duplicates of some of the more popular machines which seem to have disappeared but I managed to get a full session in.

« Reply #6 on: 17 June, 2022, 09:14:02 am »
Did my first early morning gym session since Feb 2020.  There were far fewer people in there than pre pandemic. 

A couple of folk whom I recognised from the time before covid came over for a chat.  They had had their own brushes with covid and illness, running accidents and lockdown de-mojofication but had got themselves back into their pre covid routines once again.  Nice to see familiar faces.

However, some folk who were more reckless and dismissive of covid will not be returning: ever.  🙁