Author Topic: BRM200 “Mariupol - Azov - Ukraine”  (Read 839 times)

valkyrie

• Look at the state of your face!
    • West Lothian Clarion
BRM200 “Mariupol - Azov - Ukraine”
« on: 10 June, 2022, 07:03:52 pm »
Anyone doing this? I like the idea of doing something to support Ukraine but I can't work out the mechanics of registering a ride with them. https://lvivbicycle.club/events/156
World Class Excuses for Piss-Poor Performances

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Re: BRM200 “Mariupol - Azov - Ukraine”
« Reply #1 on: 10 June, 2022, 07:29:05 pm »
I suspect you have to click the long orange box top right of the map.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

yorkie

• On top of the Galibier
« Reply #2 on: 10 June, 2022, 08:43:44 pm »
I suspect you have to click the long orange box top right of the map.

That is what Google Translate seems to think that box translates as. (Other translation algorithms are available. YMMV. Etc.)
Born to ride my bike, forced to work! ;)

British Cycling Regional A Track Commissaire
British Cycling Regional A Circuit Commissaire
Cycling Attendant, York Sport Village Cycle Circuit and Velodrome

Captain Nemo

• Defence de profundis
« Reply #3 on: 10 June, 2022, 09:27:35 pm »
Reading the whole thing in Google Translate, it looks like the intention is to ride an ACP registered event (ie BRM) any time from June 10th to June 30th and record your club affiliation as Azov-Marathon (550014) in order to get "Azov-Marathon" into the Top 10 of world ranking cycling clubs (as registered with ACP).

Don't know quite how this would work in the UK since AUK has their own "BR" system and all "BRM" events run by AUK have to be registered with ACP at the start of the season. If you were to ride a Perm or a DIY this would only be recorded by AUK as a BR and ACP will have no visibility of the result and consequently you would not count as riding for "Azov-Marathon".

According to the AUK event calendar there are 19 BRM events in that window (though 10 of them start tomorrow) that you could ride, but even then I think you would have to do some jiggery-pokery on the AUK website under your membership preferences for club affiliation in order to ensure your ride is registered as "Azov-Marathon" with ACP.

The Ukrainian entry fee as listed is UAH 60 (about £1.65, yes less than 2 quid!) - you might just want to bung them £20 to their listed charity fund "Come Back Alive".