Author Topic: Snow Hare 300km- PBP Qualifier  (Read 1203 times)

megajoulesexpenditure

• More Pedalling Less Paperwork
Snow Hare 300km- PBP Qualifier
« on: 18 January, 2023, 09:13:55 am »
The Snow Hare 300km(PBP Qualifier)- Some extra promotion for our relatively new 300km through some of the best scenery in the Scottish Borders and Dumfries and Galloway following the roads along the river Tweed to reach the gradual mountain passes across to Sanquhar and Wanlockhead and then tracking across to Moffat via the Greenhillstairs and home via Eskdalemuir back to Galashiels. It really is a stunning route that we were really pleased with on it's first running last year. (see photo below) I hope people will come and enjoy it either as their Paris Brest Paris Qualifier or just to enjoy the event. Full HQ facilities with free food at the finish and special event medal included in entry fee. There are good cafe controls throughout. The event is running on 29th April as a PBP qualifier and again as a Summer version on 8th July. The April version is beginning to fill up so early entry advised and appreciated to make this the best event we possibly can. More info and entry via the AUK website. Links here:
April 29th 2023
https://www.audax.uk/event-details/10063-the_snow_hare_takes_the_scenic_route
July 8th 2023
https://www.audax.uk/event-details/10071-the_snow_hare_takes_the_scenic_route

John Stonebridge

• Has never ridden Ower the Edge
Re: Snow Hare 300km- PBP Qualifier
« Reply #1 on: 18 January, 2023, 10:10:27 am »
Hi there

Thanks for the prompt

I've entered Deano's 400km that weekend so have instead entered the summer version of the Snow Hare on 8th July.  It will either be good prep for PBP or simply a lovely bike ride.

Im long overdue a Galashiels event (to my eternal shame my last one was April 2019)

the route looks fantastic.   

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #2 on: 18 January, 2023, 05:42:00 pm »
Summer Snow Hare for me, but I'm on Colonsay the day before so an Easterie will have me scunnered.
Obviously going for the Super Rolleur award (and more event medals)

megajoulesexpenditure

« Reply #3 on: 19 January, 2023, 04:09:35 pm »
Look forward to you both and some more too hopefully. Really excited about running this event as it combines many of the best roads from all our past events and the best cafe's too 8) :thumbsup:

« Reply #4 on: 19 January, 2023, 04:29:12 pm »
It will be my first ever 300 on a wedgie bike. Previous recumbent experience at that distance but not much further. Looking forward to it but somewhat apprehensive at my lack of experience on a normal bike :)

megajoulesexpenditure

« Reply #5 on: 12 February, 2023, 05:33:39 pm »
Hope you'll enjoy the event. Entries filling up fast now so you won't be short of company :thumbsup:

It will be my first ever 300 on a wedgie bike. Previous recumbent experience at that distance but not much further. Looking forward to it but somewhat apprehensive at my lack of experience on a normal bike :)