Author Topic: BRM events fees  (Read 1398 times)

GdS

• I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass
BRM events fees
« on: 13 August, 2022, 07:53:06 am »
My 200km event next year has been upgraded to BRM as it falls within the PBP qualifying window;

what's the deal with cards? do they need to be posted somewhere and then back to the riders?

also is the validation fee the same as a BR? and is the maximum time based on 200km not the actual distance?

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
Re: BRM events fees
« Reply #1 on: 13 August, 2022, 01:17:40 pm »
My 200km event next year has been upgraded to BRM as it falls within the PBP qualifying window;

what's the deal with cards? do they need to be posted somewhere and then back to the riders?

also is the validation fee the same as a BR? and is the maximum time based on 200km not the actual distance?

IIRC BRM has a fixed time limit regardless of actual distance.

I’m a bit out of the organising loop but yes, I think you do have to send the cards off to be validated. They don’t actually have to go to Paris though.

Are fees not listed somewhere on the organisers portal? Or in the handbook?
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #2 on: 13 August, 2022, 02:52:22 pm »

You need to post the cards to Cathy for validation, who will then post them back to you and you can then post them back to the riders.

I send the cards to Cathy in alphabetic order (by surname) to make her work easier.

also is the validation fee the same as a BR?
BRM validation is more, but I cannot remember how much more. Something like an extra 30 pence per card?

is the maximum time based on 200km not the actual distance?
13½ hours and no extra time for being over distance.
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

« Reply #3 on: 13 August, 2022, 03:00:39 pm »
is the maximum time based on 200km not the actual distance?
13 hours and no extra time for being over distance.

I believe that it is 13 hours 30 minutes from https://audax.uk/media/2258/regs_brm_2020.pdf

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #4 on: 13 August, 2022, 03:10:33 pm »
Yes, sorry. 13½ hrs. (I was trying to remember the shortcut for ½ and then forgot to include it in my first post. Now corrected.)

Oh and validation seems to be 40 pence for BR and BRM: http://www.aukweb.net/official/orgs/orgsvalidationformpdf.php Sorry I thought BRM was more.
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

GdS

• I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass
« Reply #5 on: 13 August, 2022, 04:21:15 pm »
Thanks for the replies  :) yes it's 13h30 no matter what total distance I make it in Event Planner, as it stands it's 208k which is not going to see anyone struggle to get round in time (usual caveats re events in East Anglia apply!)

I've upped the entry fee by £1 to cover the postage as I normally (or rather Ms GdS does) hand the cards back after the ride. Any surplus will as usual go to a worthy local charity.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #6 on: 13 August, 2022, 11:37:25 pm »

But you're also only allowed to go a maximum of 5% over distance. So 210km is tha max distance in the same 13.5 hrs.

Tho IME people start to make snarky comments if you go much above 207...

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

« Reply #7 on: 14 August, 2022, 12:15:16 pm »

You need to post the cards to Cathy for validation, who will then post them back to you and you can then post them back to the riders.

I send the cards to Cathy in alphabetic order (by surname) to make her work easier.

Ensure the cards are signed and completed (times & sigs in all boxes).  Check your finish list matches the cards.  Put them in alphabetical order and post to Cathy - ordinary post, not signed for or anything like that.

citoyen

« Reply #8 on: 14 August, 2022, 05:18:10 pm »

But you're also only allowed to go a maximum of 5% over distance. So 210km is tha max distance in the same 13.5 hrs.

Of course, if your ride is NOT over distance, this means slower riders do have extra time to finish.

« Reply #9 on: 16 August, 2022, 01:16:19 pm »

Of course, if your ride is NOT over distance, this means slower riders do have extra time to finish.
[pedant/] Well, actually, no: full value riders have no "extra time".

« Reply #10 on: 16 August, 2022, 01:58:49 pm »
BRM events up to 600 are at 15k/hr minimum, but 200 and 400 finish times are rounded to the nearest half hour.  There is no allowance for extra distance.

BR events are set by the organiser between 14.3 and 15k/hr (so check before entering).  There is no rounding, but there is allowance for extra distance.

citoyen

« Reply #11 on: 17 August, 2022, 01:17:49 pm »

[pedant/] Well, actually, no: full value riders have no "extra time".

Yes, of course, I know what you mean... Just saying that 200km at 15kmh = 13hrs 20mins, but as Ian H says, it's rounded up to the half hour, so that's an "extra" 10 minutes.

The "break even" point is 202.5km.