Author Topic: Weird/funny dreams you've had  (Read 146382 times)

Re: Weird/funny dreams you've had
« Reply #725 on: 11 March, 2022, 06:01:42 am »
I drove Queen Elizabeth II yesterday and spilt her pint while driving her to a local kiosk to buy flying saucers. On the plus side we left Boris Johnson at the side of the road.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #726 on: 11 March, 2022, 08:34:58 am »
I drove Queen Elizabeth II yesterday and spilt her pint while driving her to a local kiosk to buy flying saucers. On the plus side we left Boris Johnson at the side of the road.
I hope that was at HM's instructions?
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #727 on: 11 March, 2022, 10:31:02 am »
Thank you. I needed that :)
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #728 on: 11 March, 2022, 02:14:00 pm »
I was in charge of the sleeping pool at some unspecified LEL control.  For some reason that probably made sense to the organisers all the sleeping facilities were underwater, but they'd failed to account for local variation in the depth of the facilities.  Anyway, it was a hectic chaos of allocating space to riders according to height, so that the shorter ones wouldn't drown, and re-uniting people with helmets[1] that had floated away.

CrinklyLion appeared at one point, being impressively pragmatic about the effects of chlorine on the CAKE.

Note to AUK organisers: This is a terrible idea, and dangerously close to perpetrating triathlon.  Don't do it.

[1] I had the bright idea of using BHPC timing tags to quickly identify the helmets, but this didn't work because too many riders didn't know their own race number.  Also, have you ever tried to convert hex to decimal while treading water?  It's not easy.

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #729 on: 11 March, 2022, 03:12:45 pm »
I was in charge of the sleeping pool at some unspecified LEL control.  For some reason that probably made sense to the organisers all the sleeping facilities were underwater,
There answer's in the question dream.

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #730 on: 06 April, 2022, 01:37:50 pm »
I can't recall ever having a dream before which featured a famous person, but last night's had me working with Dora Bryan. I don't know what sort of work it was, but she had a clipboard.

In another part of the same dream sequence a huge number of us were in dormitories. A man in one of them started kicking off and fired a gun. Then he gave me a message to give to the occupants of a different dormitory that they should join him. On delivering the message an older man, who I knew had been a Major in the TAs, wearily got up, went to the trouble-maker and using his rank and air of authority told him sternly not to be such an idiot and peace was restored.
et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #731 on: 14 April, 2022, 07:32:07 am »
I was riding my MTB through an area that was just recovering from some minor flooding when three animals invited themselves aboard, settling in amongst all the dunnage at the rear of the fuselage.  Their names were Nadger, Otto and Willy, Nadger being a badger, Otto an otter and Willy a large, woolly black dog.  Apparently they were friends.  We all got on famously, and I was delighted to have a dog again.  Towards the end of the dream I was just rolling up to the house I was brought up in in Norn Iron and wondering what my mum would say.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #732 on: 14 April, 2022, 08:08:23 am »
That sounds like the plot of a children's TV series.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #733 on: 14 April, 2022, 01:57:49 pm »
Second childhood approaching. Sounds OK as long as I don't have to go to school.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #734 on: 18 April, 2022, 11:19:56 am »
The sombre tone in which TV's George Alagiah announced the DETH of Vince Neil off of Mötley Crüe almost convinced me to check his health when I woke up, and had me noting that the narrator of Half Man Half Biscuit's Upon Westminster Bridge now had enough ammunition to deal with Messrs. Mars, Sixx and Lee.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #735 on: 21 June, 2022, 09:39:52 pm »
I had been in a wilderness for years. I eventually made it back to my home town, to the very street I grew up on. I don't know why but I knocked on a neighbours door first thinking they would take me in. They answered the door but insisted they didn't know who I was and said they didn't remember me. I then move closer to my own house and knocked on another neighbours door - the same think happened, they just didn't recognise me, no matter how much I pleaded with them or tried to remind them who I was.

Finally I got back to my own house and I knocked on the door. Guess what? It was *me* who answered the door and said "I don't know who you are!" and I slammed the door shut in my face!!!

The shock of this, the fact that I was outside on my own with no home and no place in the world, and that even I did not recognise myself - was enough to wake me out of the dream.

I blame the purple mikes in the 80's
“They deem me mad because I will not sell my days for gold; and I deem them mad because they think my days have a price.” ― Khalil Gibran

« Reply #736 on: 07 August, 2022, 10:56:04 am »
I was at a leisure centre. I’ve been there before in dreams, which is odd as I very rarely go swimming or to the gym. I don’t think it’s one from waking life. Anyhow, this time they had moved the entrance to the swimming pool, and I remember noticing that they must have had some work done.

« Reply #737 on: 07 August, 2022, 01:49:41 pm »
My sub conscious is working overtime. Happily cycling along the coast on a camping trip. Mushroom cloud appears on the horizon, following by a rather bright light or was it the other way round? It was that vivid it stayed with me when I woke up.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #738 on: 01 October, 2022, 09:56:40 am »
I was helping Arch rescue a drowning autonomous Flymo from the harbour.  No, I don't know what harbour.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #739 on: 02 October, 2022, 08:27:53 am »
Not a dream, but yesterday I rode into a forest that looked as dark as hell as I approached it, and thought that if this had been in a dream there would have been something nasty lurking a few hundred metres in.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #740 on: 25 November, 2022, 07:37:46 pm »
After spending most of yesterday evening up to my elbows in the SeriesMgr source[1], it was unsurprising to have a race-timing-related dream.  What was particularly galling was the bit were I was, for reasons that probably made sense at the time, urgently trying to copy files from one laptop to another by drag-and-dropping them as if it were a single machine with multiple monitors.  This kept going wrong because barakta, who hadn't heard me telling her not to, kept opening MultiReader windows on the second laptop to write new tags for [Someone who shall remain nameless, but for the sake of argument we'll refer to as 'The Stig' - Ed] and blocking my access to the destination directory.

Two-player Windows!  That's worse than printers.

[1] It now knows what bike people are riding.  Coping with people riding more than one bike over the course of a series is a work in progress.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #741 on: 28 November, 2022, 03:01:50 pm »
I was cooking something from a recipe on my phone, and was brought up short by the last line of the procedure:

6. Defecate in it.

As I boggled a mentorish voice at my elbow said "It's all right, it's going to be cooked so there'll be no danger of food poisoning. It's for the umami".

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #742 on: 28 November, 2022, 03:08:21 pm »
The goatse man featured in last night's.  Thankfully, I  can't remember the context.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #743 on: 30 November, 2022, 07:22:55 am »
I was at home, with two other people and needed makeup for filming. So one of the others put a big zipper plastic sheet against a wall - like the windowed wall of a big family tent. She then rubbed a cream over the plastic. Then got out a little device, which span and one part moved in the other on a screw thread. After a few turns, it squirted liquid against the tent wall, which bounced and became the makeup.

« Reply #744 on: 30 November, 2022, 11:44:50 am »
Sarah Millican and Richard Ayoade announced they'd split up.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #745 on: 30 December, 2022, 11:29:03 am »
Won £600 on a scratch card.  Surprising, as I've never bought one in my life.  And disappointing, because £600 would have come in very handy.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #746 on: 30 December, 2022, 01:14:20 pm »
Normal people have anxiety dreams about exams or being naked or whatever.  I get bikes-on-trains dreams instead.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #747 on: 30 December, 2022, 01:33:24 pm »
Cycling up a steady incline on a fixed bike. Getting very frustrated by not knowing which side to be on. Other cyclist going up and down, gave no clue, were on both sides of the road and moaned about my road position no matter what I did.

Then pop, I was in a van with a sliding side door (I used to drive a LDV with such thing). In said door, Mario Cipollini were standing as we drove around, nattering about random things.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

« Reply #748 on: 03 February, 2023, 08:21:32 am »
Last night dreamt was out front of house doing something and 3 guys cycled past. I called out you doing an acme audax and they stopped for a chat. This is all perfectly feasible as a couple do pass my house. We then swapped forum names as of course were on here. They rode off and realised one was on a tiny kids bike. Was so small was hidden under his coat

« Reply #749 on: 03 February, 2023, 10:28:23 am »
I was on an absolutely immense ship (like, 2-3 times the size of an aircraft carrier) that was a launch platform for rockets going to the moon.

To make rocket fuel, we captured a rhinoceros, a crocodile and a zebra, and ground them up in a huge mincer.

Then it got much more complicated.
<i>Marmite slave</i>