Author Topic: "I've been creeping around your house and I like it"  (Read 5427 times)

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
Re: "I've been creeping around your house and I like it"
« Reply #26 on: 09 January, 2009, 10:39:00 pm »
I'm waiting for a certain estate agent in Swindon to go under...the one that swindled us out of £400 in 1992 by misdescribing the property (he assured me on two occasions, once with witnesses, that the road would be adopted...when our solicitor did the searches, he found it wouldn't be).  The git refused to return our goodwill deposit and it cost us in abortive legal fees.  We complained to TS but as the witnesses were family they reckoned they couldn't get a criminal prosecution, although they did go round and interview him.

Needless to say, shysters like this are never a member of OCEA or the NAEA.

We were right to pull out though - the subsequent development around there has made it a hell-hole.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Vernon

• zzzZZZzzz
« Reply #27 on: 09 January, 2009, 10:47:18 pm »
I'm waiting for a certain estate agent in Swindon to go under...the one that swindled us out of £400 in 1992 by misdescribing the property (he assured me on two occasions, once with witnesses, that the road would be adopted...when our solicitor did the searches, he found it wouldn't be).  The git refused to return our goodwill deposit and it cost us in abortive legal fees.  We complained to TS but as the witnesses were family they reckoned they couldn't get a criminal prosecution, although they did go round and interview him.

We were right to pull out though - the subsequent development around there has made it a hell-hole.
Can't you just firebomb them instead?
 :demon:

LEE

« Reply #28 on: 09 January, 2009, 10:48:21 pm »
Unless it was a twunt with a 4x4, in which case you were fully justified!

Or Mr Andrew Booker, Senior Branch Manager of Gascoigne-Pees estate agents (Leatherhead)

If it makes you feel any better I just heard that the Israelis have been bombing the hell out of Gazza.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #29 on: 10 January, 2009, 12:34:03 am »

I didn't realise you were that old???  :o :o :o
It is simpler than it looks.