Author Topic: What did you have for breakfast?  (Read 59337 times)

Re: What did you have for breakfast?
« Reply #550 on: 26 December, 2021, 03:17:15 pm »
Chocolate. Lots of chocolate.

Yesterday's breakfast was mince pies (with lashings of brandy butter).

John Stonebridge

• Has never ridden Ower the Edge
« Reply #551 on: 27 December, 2021, 04:22:17 pm »
Craving a degree of normality after two days of excess I had my regular workday breakfast even though on holiday - a bowl of simple lightly salted porridge (water not milk) and a segmented half pink grapefruit.

I l do like the salt/sour contrast and find chilled grapefruit a tremendous wake up call to the senses.  I like shopping for grapefruit - I find that the ones that are slightly flattened (not spherical) tend to be juiciest.   A segmented orange is an acceptable substitute as long as its chilled.     

Wowbagger

• Sylph
    • Musings of a Gentleman Cyclist
« Reply #552 on: 29 December, 2021, 10:40:58 am »
A glass of Waitrose orange juice with bits (whose bits I'm not going to divulge), porridge made with Mornflake jumbo oats and hazel nut milk, sprinkled lightly with chia seeds and dark brown muscovado sugar, two large mugs of tea with oat milk.
I want to surf the zeitgeist to where it’s all happening

Cudzoziemiec

• Моя планета голубая, я люблю тебя и обнимаю
« Reply #553 on: 29 December, 2021, 10:59:21 am »
What's up with all the oat milk Wow? Have you gone vegan? !!!  :o
Riding a bike through a city is like navigating the collective neural pathways of a vast global mind.

« Reply #554 on: 29 December, 2021, 10:20:46 pm »
Was going to have ham and eggs but ended up not having time, so did a couple of slices of toast with Gentleman's Relish. I haven't informed the gentleman, but I imagine he will be fine about it.

I'm out earlier tomorrow but I'll damn well have ham and eggs, damn it.