Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1751140 times)

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
Re: Mid-Essex Mid Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #4450 on: 04 October, 2013, 01:18:55 pm »
Courtesy of the postman today, here's the shiny medal variant...

the space in the middle is for one of Tomsk's Essex Super Randonneur Medals.
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #4451 on: 04 October, 2013, 01:27:23 pm »
You could pin them to your wrist splint.

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #4452 on: 04 October, 2013, 01:40:22 pm »
funnily enough, I was discussing the idea of using the splint to display them on with huggy last Saturday, while we were waiting for you to find the Beer Festival :)

Oscar's dad

« Reply #4453 on: 04 October, 2013, 01:43:09 pm »
funnily enough, I was discussing the idea of using the splint to display them on with huggy last Saturday, while we were waiting for you to find the Beer Festival :)

Better still stick the badge pins in yourself - AUK acupuncture.  As you know we're coming round later so I'll put my Healing Hands TM to good use and do it for you if you like.  Happy to help  :thumbsup:

bloomers100

• ACME's Head of Sexual Health and Family Planning
« Reply #4454 on: 06 October, 2013, 07:02:27 pm »
Mrs B now goes cushion making on a Wednesday so I'm oot.

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #4455 on: 06 October, 2013, 08:06:07 pm »
Couldn't you just buy some cushions?  ;D

bloomers100

« Reply #4456 on: 06 October, 2013, 08:43:14 pm »
I can't disagree with your suggestion.

« Reply #4457 on: 07 October, 2013, 01:40:38 pm »

Is that a euphemism?

I might be out Wednesday. If so I'll meet you at the pub.

« Reply #4458 on: 08 October, 2013, 06:53:46 am »
Hi Folks, well I have surprising news, I've moved further away from the compassses!  We are now more Marks Tey way after a house came up at short notice.

I'm thinking of some sort of pilgrimage ride from the old house to the new one, after all, I don't want my bike to lose track of where it is by putting it in some windowless van! 

Haven't worked out a route or a date yet but open to suggestions.  Perhaps a Wednesday night, Saturday or Sunday Morning and then post beers afterward at mine or at a public house near by.

Chief

Oscar's dad

« Reply #4459 on: 08 October, 2013, 07:25:53 am »
Blimey!  That is exciting news!  What are you doing on Saturday 19th October?

« Reply #4460 on: 08 October, 2013, 09:16:49 am »
Are you about to ask me to ride 1200km by looping up and down TMNH?  Oh for the pilgrimage, yes that could work, how about t'others?

Whoopee cushions?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #4461 on: 08 October, 2013, 09:23:28 am »
Are you about to ask me to ride 1200km by looping up and down TMNH?  Oh for the pilgrimage, yes that could work, how about t'others?

No, I am referring to this slightly truncated but still epic adventure.  Post #80 (just before Oaky starts taking the piss) is the one in particular.

bloomers100

« Reply #4462 on: 08 October, 2013, 12:52:49 pm »
Hi Folks, well I have surprising news, I've moved further away from the compassses!  We are now more Marks Tey way after a house came up at short notice.

I'm thinking of some sort of pilgrimage ride from the old house to the new one, after all, I don't want my bike to lose track of where it is by putting it in some windowless van! 

Haven't worked out a route or a date yet but open to suggestions.  Perhaps a Wednesday night, Saturday or Sunday Morning and then post beers afterward at mine or at a public house near by.

Chief

wtf! you didn't ask permission to move??!!

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #4463 on: 08 October, 2013, 01:02:05 pm »

Chief

I believe it was snuck in to AOB towards the end of a MEMWNS committee meeting so little notice was taken therefore the permission was merely taken as read by Mr & Mrs C rather than explicitly given.
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

bloomers100

« Reply #4464 on: 08 October, 2013, 02:10:03 pm »

Chief

I believe it was snuck in to AOB towards the end of a MEMWNS committee meeting so little notice was taken therefore the permission was merely taken as read by Mr & Mrs C rather than explicitly given.

Gutted

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #4465 on: 08 October, 2013, 07:28:07 pm »
So, Chief....pilgrimage via Compasses: Fuller Street, Pattiswick or Totham? The latter two suit you as future MEMWNS venues?

« Reply #4466 on: 08 October, 2013, 07:52:07 pm »
Yes it is a shame to be heading away from the area.  Bloomers and whatshisface and other folks will be sorely missed as local companions :'( it was indeed not much time from it turning from a maybe to actually happening and even to the last moment i didnt think it would.

Have to take a look and see what places work for evening rides.  There's a few big roads that need some cunning crossing points to sort out.  Heard there is a compasses at pattiswick but it has something called a wine list :o

OD that ride on the 19th, I think I'll give it a miss but can't wait for the commentary!  Can you put a bike mounted video camera on so we can YouTube the highlights?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #4467 on: 09 October, 2013, 07:58:34 am »
Yes it is a shame to be heading away from the area.  Bloomers and whatshisface and other folks will be sorely missed as local companions :'( it was indeed not much time from it turning from a maybe to actually happening and even to the last moment i didnt think it would.

Have to take a look and see what places work for evening rides.  There's a few big roads that need some cunning crossing points to sort out.  Heard there is a compasses at pattiswick but it has something called a wine list :o

OD that ride on the 19th, I think I'll give it a miss but can't wait for the commentary!  Can you put a bike mounted video camera on so we can YouTube the highlights?

There are still some Colchester Good Beer Guide pubs that need ticking off so you'll be ideally placed to join in on our next raid.  The last one was well excellent as described in the Friday Night Ride to the Pub thread.

The Compasses at Pattiswick is very nice but a bit tarty, it doesn't have the earthy appeal on the Littley Green varient.  Our course it is on the mythical straight line that links The Compasses at Littlely Green, Great Totham amd Fuller Street (or is it at right angles to the line, it can't remember, there's a website about it somewhere).

Never mind about the 19th.  I have toyed with the idea of getting a Go Pro  :demon:

bloomers100

« Reply #4468 on: 09 October, 2013, 10:40:58 am »
You'll need to cover nominations for that trophy, the meerkat one.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #4469 on: 09 October, 2013, 11:03:51 am »
You'll need to cover nominations for that trophy, the meerkat one.

Noted.  And someone needs to be Rudolf.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #4470 on: 09 October, 2013, 12:08:20 pm »
A Withamite visit to The Compasses (the Littley Green one) is planned for this evening in case anyone else is interested. Departure time 7pm for 8:30 eta, following something like this.
Not very Oaky friendly with his crocked hand atm but it is OD's suggestion to hold the Christmas Do committee meeting there. 

Fair warning is hereby posted that if you do not turn up in person to the meeting you run the risk of being volunteered for something  :demon:
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #4471 on: 09 October, 2013, 12:33:42 pm »
Note that anything you may sign me up for in my absence will be politely1 and firmly refused.

[1] FSVO "politely".

Oscar's dad

« Reply #4472 on: 09 October, 2013, 12:37:44 pm »
I think you'd make a very fetching reindeer.  Your lovely children would be thrilled.  Just think of their beaming faces, your heart will melt.

All together now ... "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!"

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #4473 on: 09 October, 2013, 01:17:57 pm »
I think you'd make a very fetching reindeer.  Your lovely children would be thrilled.  Just think of their beaming faces, your heart will melt.

All together now ... "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!"

My previous post goes double for any reindeer related activities (unless it's "stuff the reindeer costume into the nearest litter bin and torch it")

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #4474 on: 09 October, 2013, 01:19:46 pm »