Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1751031 times)

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
Re: Mid-Essex Mid Week Nocturnal Series (plus random E Anglian stuff)
« Reply #7100 on: 24 June, 2015, 06:07:01 am »
A hundred of your quids seems a bit steep, even if they are named after our legendary bit of local steepness. I wonder if they have an item of clothing named after Doggers Lane (the ford not the small man).

« Reply #7101 on: 24 June, 2015, 08:29:36 am »
I wonder if they have an item of clothing named after Doggers Lane (the ford not the small man).

Looks like a new company so maybe they need a few ideas. I'd drop it in their suggestion box if I were you... maybe they'll give you a free sample.

« Reply #7102 on: 24 June, 2015, 08:31:44 am »
maybe they'll give you a free sample.

Of what !
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

The Retiree

• Zappi Clothing Ambassador - http://zappi.clothing/
« Reply #7103 on: 24 June, 2015, 08:32:33 am »
A hundred of your quids seems a bit steep, even if they are named after our legendary bit of local steepness. I wonder if they have an item of clothing named after Doggers Lane (the ford not the small man).

Oi being small has weight and aero advantages I'll have you know  :-* I shall contact them to ask if a Doggers Hurrell Lane jersey may be in the offing......  ;D

I wonder if the MNH shorts might help Ted ascend the hills a little quicker  :o

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #7104 on: 24 June, 2015, 10:38:48 am »
One more time for those without the short distance, low battery life, Garmin bicycle navigation and training device (probably just me leaving Spa Rd), here are clicky links to the download files to import to Basecamp
Clicky for TCX
Clicky for GPX
I plan to join in pending the network world falling apart before the off.  I'm sure another 40+ miles in to the legs after last weekend will do them good, if not especially making for a quick pace.  Could be a Thursday return this week but still beating the street lights being extinguished.
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

The Retiree

« Reply #7105 on: 24 June, 2015, 11:05:57 am »
One more time for those without the short distance, low battery life, Garmin bicycle navigation and training device (probably just me leaving Spa Rd), here are clicky links to the download files to import to Basecamp
Clicky for TCX
Clicky for GPX

I hope you're not making bad reference to the ever reliable Edge devices!!!  :o

I plan to join in pending the network world falling apart before the off.  I'm sure another 40+ miles in to the legs after last weekend will do them good, if not especially making for a quick pace.  Could be a Thursday return this week but still beating the street lights being extinguished.

:thumbsup: and there was I thinking that I may be a lone ranger until picking up Ted in Messing...... he has yet to hear that his wingman, the Hustler is unable to attend this week however it should give him a chance to spin around and join the back of the peloton  ;)

« Reply #7106 on: 24 June, 2015, 11:14:46 am »
I have to be up pretty early tomorrow morning, so I'm out tonight I think. Unless I change my mind and turn up anyway...
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

« Reply #7107 on: 24 June, 2015, 02:53:13 pm »
clicky links to the download files to import to Basecamp

Showing off again with the clicky thing.

Glad to you have you "on board" for this evening.

The Retiree

« Reply #7108 on: 24 June, 2015, 02:58:22 pm »

At least you won't miss the Hustler as much as Huggy's attending  :-\

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #7109 on: 24 June, 2015, 03:03:49 pm »

At least you won't miss the Hustler as much as Huggy's attending  :-\
It's slightly safer to ride behind me now, if I have any strength in my legs to be in front  :facepalm:
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

« Reply #7110 on: 24 June, 2015, 03:28:36 pm »
You can go back to being Huggy again then  :thumbsup:

The Retiree

« Reply #7111 on: 24 June, 2015, 03:29:56 pm »
You can go back to being Huggy again then  :thumbsup:

Now you're just confusing things...... I thought he was now The Midshipman or is that his bus shelter nickname  :o

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #7112 on: 24 June, 2015, 03:33:06 pm »
I have a change to my plans - I won't get out of the house until around 9 or 9:15.

I still plan on riding over to Rowhedge and back, although I might not get there until after you lot have set off homewards.  I'm hoping to get there for last orders ;)

I may or may not see you folks in that case.
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

The Retiree

« Reply #7113 on: 24 June, 2015, 03:35:10 pm »
I have a change to my plans - I won't get out of the house until around 9 or 9:15.

I still plan on riding over to Rowhedge and back, although I might not get there until after you lot have set off homewards.  I'm hoping to get there for last orders ;)

I may or may not see you folks in that case.

Hopefully see you for at least a pint before we start the return journey back to the badlands!!!  :thumbsup:

The Retiree

« Reply #7114 on: 25 June, 2015, 08:24:43 am »
Another new destination for me last night in the shape of The Anchor at Rowhedge  :thumbsup: very nice it was too although the Shepherd Neame small selection were a little disappointing... with Kentish Brew and Master Brew being sampled. Unfortunately Ted succumbed and had a 'kitten killer' as his final drink and proceeded to try and convince us that it was really ale to appease OD*...  :o

It was just myself and Huggy that set off as a small Witham peloton we swept up Ted in Messing and met Carlos and Tomsk at The Anchor enjoying a rather well plotted route from Ted  :thumbsup:

After a super TT effort Oaky appeared as we finished our 2nd pint meaning we dipped into a 3rd and saw a return home in the early hours of Thursday. Another top MEMWNS evening drinking by the river in the warm evening air.

*OD has said Ted that you can't blame people for their FAULTS we must still love them!! so you're off the hook

« Reply #7115 on: 25 June, 2015, 09:25:28 am »
Unfortunately Ted succumbed and had a 'kitten killer' as his final drink and proceeded to try and convince us that it was really ale to appease OD*...  :o

*OD has said Ted that you can't blame people for their FAULTS we must still love them!! so you're off the hook

Nice to see that the self-appointed chairman-elect still feels the need to consult the godfather for a ruling.

In my defence this is what the Shepherd Neame website says about Whitstable Blonde:

"Whitstable Bay Blonde Lager is a contemporary lager featuring an intricate taste profile, distinguished by its unique hop character. Gaining its name from the golden hue of the beer, it offers an enhanced drinking experience. Just as cycling across the flatlands of Flanders is far more difficult than it may appear, this beer may look like a lager but is actually a strong ale.  It is truly an ale for a Flandrian hard man whether he be grinding up the Koppenberg or pushing himself on the fabled climbs of mid-Essex.  Drinker, we salute your all round toughness."

I hope everyone enjoyed the little bit of COR out of Rowhedge.  Isn't it amazing how we all trust the Garmin even while ducking under trees on a muddy footpath.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #7116 on: 25 June, 2015, 09:34:08 am »
ted, as I'm sure you know, being a sensible chap of maturing years, there are lagers and lagers.  There's Carling etc  :sick: and then the stuff you were drinking which is lager for the discerning palette so perfectly acceptable.

I did advise young Doggers not to take the love thing too far - we don't want an outbreak of dogging - that would be wrong  :facepalm:

The Retiree

« Reply #7117 on: 25 June, 2015, 09:44:09 am »
Nice to see that the self-appointed chairman-elect still feels the need to consult the godfather for a ruling.

In my defence this is what the Shepherd Neame website says about Whitstable Blonde:

"Whitstable Bay Blonde Lager is a contemporary lager featuring an intricate taste profile, distinguished by its unique hop character. Gaining its name from the golden hue of the beer, it offers an enhanced drinking experience. Just as cycling across the flatlands of Flanders is far more difficult than it may appear, this beer may look like a lager but is actually a strong ale.  It is truly an ale for a Flandrian hard man whether he be grinding up the Koppenberg or pushing himself on the fabled climbs of mid-Essex.  Drinker, we salute your all round toughness."

I hope everyone enjoyed the little bit of COR out of Rowhedge.  Isn't it amazing how we all trust the Garmin even while ducking under trees on a muddy footpath.

I must run every decision before the Godfather of MEMWNS even if he isn't in attendance in person he is there in spirit Ted..... the COR'ing was mightily enjoyable although i'm not sure Oaky would agree!

I think I may sense an enfringement of copywright laws within that description of Whitstable as it differs to what I can currently see but you would know more about that than me Ted, of course OD would allow bonus points as the glass matched the drink a trap Oros regularly gets pulled up on  :o

The Retiree

« Reply #7118 on: 25 June, 2015, 09:45:13 am »
I did advise young Doggers not to take the love thing too far - we don't want an outbreak of dogging - that would be wrong  :facepalm:

I have swerved any mention of bus shelters too OD as I know it gets Ted a bit hot under the collar  ::-)

The Retiree

« Reply #7119 on: 25 June, 2015, 10:14:43 am »

Some guy in a white top photobombed our group picture last night......?  :o Anyone know who he is?

« Reply #7120 on: 25 June, 2015, 10:40:55 am »
Care in the community alive and well.

He looks like one of those glamorous Italian cyclists.  Bet he had white shorts on as well.

« Reply #7121 on: 25 June, 2015, 10:42:56 am »
ted, as I'm sure you know, being a sensible chap of maturing years, there are lagers and lagers.  There's Carling etc  :sick: and then the stuff you were drinking which is lager for the discerning palette so perfectly acceptable.

We miss you OD and your sensible ways.

Could you be tempted out of your man cave for a trip to the yacht club ?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #7122 on: 25 June, 2015, 11:01:19 am »

Next Wednesday is a possibility  :thumbsup:

The Retiree

« Reply #7123 on: 25 June, 2015, 11:07:53 am »

Next Wednesday is a possibility  :thumbsup:

Good news OD as Andy C33 has just told me he is dusting off his deck shoes, not sure if Ted will let him on the yacht or not though.....  ::-)

« Reply #7124 on: 25 June, 2015, 11:17:03 am »
Good news if OD can make it.  We need to balance using the light nights with finding a night that the godfather can make it to the YC...

I think Rapha do cleated deckshoes, boating blazers and monocles.  If they don't, they soon will.