Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1751018 times)

Re: Mid-Essex Mid Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #9875 on: 21 September, 2016, 11:35:59 am »
Worth also bearing in mind that part of the FW is currently closed due to an unsafe bridge so I think you're forced onto a road diversion - not sure exactly where along the Flitch this is I'm afraid!
Thanks DL.
Looks like it's the Fenton's Road bridge just west of Rayne, right in the middle of the FW route planned.  Can't see an obvious diversion that would make using the FW a worthwhile fun route.  Maybe back to a more traditional direct blast home from the pub!

I rode along it a couple of weeks ago, I had to get off and carry the bike down some muddy steps. It was only a minor inconvenience.

I'm possibly out tonight. Will probably go straight there or intercept somewhere...
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

« Reply #9876 on: 21 September, 2016, 02:04:57 pm »
For the sake of publishing a route, here is a route, the FW return to Braintree is optional if we're not going to be doing a TG challenge.
I have a particular reason for passing through Hartford End  :-X

BTW, Station Road between Felsted and Little Dunmow is closed. Or at least it was on Monday. Looked pretty major. Had to ride on the footpath for a couple of hundred yards to get through...

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #9877 on: 21 September, 2016, 03:32:17 pm »
For the sake of publishing a route, here is a route, the FW return to Braintree is optional if we're not going to be doing a TG challenge.
I have a particular reason for passing through Hartford End  :-X

BTW, Station Road between Felsted and Little Dunmow is closed. Or at least it was on Monday. Looked pretty major. Had to ride on the footpath for a couple of hundred yards to get through...

Was closed when I rode over for the Flatlands too, but as you say, passable by bike on the footpath.
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

« Reply #9878 on: 21 September, 2016, 06:00:56 pm »
See you at 7:30, might need to give my tires some air...and charge a light or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #9879 on: 21 September, 2016, 06:28:18 pm »
In true MEMWNS venue suggestor I am not going to make it. Heading home to log in and carry on working  :'(

Pass my regards onto Soupy.

« Reply #9880 on: 21 September, 2016, 07:18:43 pm »
I'm not going to make it either now. Need to be up super early tomorrow  >:(

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #9881 on: 26 September, 2016, 09:21:35 am »
This week sees the beginning of Forward Planning TM and assuming you lot are willing to be forward planned we are heading to the Dog Inn, Halstead which is a Good Beer Guide pub I have yet to visit.

So, if we are going to the dogs here is A ROUTE the Witham peloton might like to follow.  I fancy we might be horribly depleted in numbers as Oaky is now in the Orient, huggy is on Dartmoor and when I bumped into tippers in Tescos, Tiptree on Saturday he said he might be too busy with work.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #9882 on: 26 September, 2016, 10:12:03 am »
Bottoms  >:(  Work has just thrown a potential spanner in the works.  There is a chance I won't be at the Spa Road roundabout by 7:30 on Wednesday evening.  If I'm not there carry on without me to whatever destination we have agreed to cycle to  ;D

« Reply #9883 on: 26 September, 2016, 11:12:40 am »
I don't see me making it to Halstead on Wednesday.

If it was west of the A12, possibly but only very slightly.
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

Oscar's dad

« Reply #9884 on: 26 September, 2016, 11:20:46 am »
I'm quite keen to get out on Wednesday.  If Halstead doesn't appeal to folks where would be better?

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #9885 on: 26 September, 2016, 11:36:51 am »
See what happens as soon as you start forward planning!!  :facepalm:

:P
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Oscar's dad

« Reply #9886 on: 26 September, 2016, 11:39:26 am »

Blimey, I didn't think the interweb had reached places like Dartmoor!

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #9887 on: 26 September, 2016, 12:16:30 pm »

;D ;D
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #9888 on: 27 September, 2016, 08:48:42 am »
Just been swapping emails with Tomsk and he's OK for The Dog, Halstead tomorrow evening. Anyone else coming out?  Or would an alternative plan work better?

« Reply #9889 on: 27 September, 2016, 09:14:59 am »
As suspected I'm not going to make it. Too many hours with work at the moment. I suspect the next month is going to be pretty much a no go for me during the week :-(

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #9890 on: 27 September, 2016, 10:13:58 am »
Just been swapping emails with Tomsk and he's OK for The Dog, Halstead tomorrow evening. Anyone else coming out?  Or would an alternative plan work better?

I'm undecided at the moment 
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #9891 on: 27 September, 2016, 10:34:38 am »

I'm undecided at the moment

Wanna meet somewhere along the route?

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #9892 on: 28 September, 2016, 01:25:58 am »
What time are you likely to be at The Dog? I'll be on my way home from Heathrow tomorrow evening, and could pop in briefly - very briefly, as I have to get home, repack, and get back to Heathrow fairly early Thursday morning!

Oscar's dad

« Reply #9893 on: 28 September, 2016, 05:45:00 am »
What time are you likely to be at The Dog? I'll be on my way home from Heathrow tomorrow evening, and could pop in briefly - very briefly, as I have to get home, repack, and get back to Heathrow fairly early Thursday morning!

Probably between 9 and 9:30. It'll be good to see you and a good opportunity for Tom to sell you an ACME jersey!

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #9894 on: 28 September, 2016, 07:57:17 am »
^ Excellent see you at the Dog around 21:00  :thumbsup:

TimC - Sizes L, XL, 3XL available [XS -  M on order...] I can bring some to try on - if too large then at least you'll have an idea of which size might be right! [I'm M - 'club' fit, S - 'race' fit], OD is L, I think...

Oscar's dad

« Reply #9895 on: 28 September, 2016, 08:02:03 am »
Yes, I'm a L. Normally I'm XL so you'll probably need a size smaller than normal.

« Reply #9896 on: 28 September, 2016, 09:07:13 am »
Was looking forward to the grand tour. If we are going to deviate from the agreed plan should we rename it the grand detour? Count me in tonight wherever you want to go. :-)

Oscar's dad

« Reply #9897 on: 28 September, 2016, 09:15:13 am »
Was looking forward to the grand tour. If we are going to deviate from the agreed plan should we rename it the grand detour? Count me in tonight wherever you want to go. :-)

In the absence of other suggestions we're going to The Dog, Halstead. 1-0 to Forward Planning  ;D

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #9898 on: 28 September, 2016, 10:26:45 am »
May see you there, I'm a bit worried about my ankle at the moment so I need to ride to check if I am still OK for Saturday!  :facepalm:
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #9899 on: 28 September, 2016, 02:01:44 pm »
As suspected I'm not going to make it. Too many hours with work at the moment. I suspect the next month is going to be pretty much a no go for me during the week :-(
Well......if things keep going as they are I might have free time on my hands pretty soon.....might need someone to pay for my beers though  :facepalm: