Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1751150 times)

Re: Mid-Essex Mid Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #10050 on: 08 November, 2016, 03:02:04 pm »
Tempted....but won't know for sure until much later tomorrow. I'd come over to the Fox as I can't be late....5am(ish) starts this week....and I'm off the booze again for a bit

Great, you'll be a hoot  :facepalm:
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #10051 on: 08 November, 2016, 03:10:04 pm »
Tempted....but won't know for sure until much later tomorrow. I'd come over to the Fox as I can't be late....5am(ish) starts this week....and I'm off the booze again for a bit

An earlier post from ted prompted me to Google what "misanthropic" meant.  A little harsh I thought  >:(  I hope you're all playing nicely in my absence  ;D

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #10052 on: 08 November, 2016, 04:34:38 pm »
Layer Fox or Compasses L.G., hmm...28 or 8 miles home...will Forward Planning prevail?

« Reply #10053 on: 08 November, 2016, 04:36:02 pm »
Tomsk

I think the Witham peloton is still heading to the spiritual home.

Fandango and I are just being lazy and the forecast doesn't look too clever.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #10054 on: 08 November, 2016, 04:42:02 pm »
Layer Fox or Compasses L.G., hmm...28 or 8 miles home...will Forward Planning prevail?

The big test comes next week when FORWARD PLANNING takes us to the A&H, Dunmow - your local - no long ride for you!  It'll be an opportunity to see how many people are prepared to make the sacrifice you make each week!  As it stands I should be OK to make it.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #10055 on: 08 November, 2016, 04:43:04 pm »
Are we splitting in to Mid-Essex and West East Essex divisions for the winter months?  :o

I don't mind either destination, providing I can make it out at all, however I do need to go wherever Tomsk goes to hand over ACME merchandise and cash from sales.  I have a feeling that my route will be fairly direct wherever I end up though, quite possibly a little damp.
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Oscar's dad

« Reply #10056 on: 08 November, 2016, 04:44:13 pm »
Are we splitting in to Mid-Essex and West Essex divisions for the winter months?  :o

Shocking!  :o

« Reply #10057 on: 08 November, 2016, 04:48:43 pm »

Are we splitting in to Mid-Essex and West Essex divisions for the winter months?  :o

I don't mind either destination, providing I can make it out at all, however I do need to go wherever Tomsk goes to hand over ACME merchandise and cash from sales.  I have a feeling that my route will be fairly direct wherever I end up though, quite possibly a little damp.

If the West Essex Chapter insist on staying on the Western edges - which just shows white on my map with a picture of a dragon - then possibly.

A&H is probably about a 120k round trip for me.  Fine in June, not so much in November.   

« Reply #10058 on: 08 November, 2016, 04:54:20 pm »
Happy to meet in the middle again to avoid any doctrinal schisms between East and West.

Sun at Feering ?

Kelvedon Railway ?

« Reply #10059 on: 08 November, 2016, 05:06:05 pm »

An earlier post from ted prompted me to Google what "misanthropic" meant.  A little harsh I thought  >:(  I hope you're all playing nicely in my absence  ;D
I also looked it up and I thought it was actually reasonably close to being accurate. One of the links led me to a list that only a Misanthrope would understand this one actually hit the nail RIGHT on the head

Small talk is a part of every day life, allowing coworkers and acquaintances to casually fill each other in on the goings on of their lives. For most people caring about the lives of others is easy, but for a misanthrope it is a chore. We don€™t care about your problems; in fact, we€™d be hard pressed to find anything less interesting. But we feign interest anyway in order to lead functioning lives in this miserable existence. So we nod and respond in good order, all the while wishing it would just end.

« Reply #10060 on: 08 November, 2016, 05:08:20 pm »

I also looked it up and I thought it was actually reasonably close to being accurate. One of the links led me to a list that only a Misanthrope would understand this one actually hit the nail RIGHT on the head

Small talk is a part of every day life, allowing coworkers and acquaintances to casually fill each other in on the goings on of their lives. For most people caring about the lives of others is easy, but for a misanthrope it is a chore. We don€™t care about your problems; in fact, we€™d be hard pressed to find anything less interesting. But we feign interest anyway in order to lead functioning lives in this miserable existence. So we nod and respond in good order, all the while wishing it would just end.

[/quote]

That makes two of us then  :thumbsup:

« Reply #10061 on: 08 November, 2016, 05:21:49 pm »
I would emphasise the Co-worker bit. I do care about my family and friends to be fair!

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #10062 on: 08 November, 2016, 07:41:41 pm »

...And Ted in the Far East Division, Carlos Up North? I suppose there's no reason why not, but perhaps I'd accept that some cold/wet/windy/all of those, Wednesday nights, I might not feel like venturing out on an epic and miss a week? Concentrate on the MEMWNS Heartlands, with more train assisted options too?

So, Compasses for me tomorrow.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #10063 on: 08 November, 2016, 09:18:54 pm »

...And Ted in the Far East Division, Carlos Up North? I suppose there's no reason why not, but perhaps I'd accept that some cold/wet/windy/all of those, Wednesday nights, I might not feel like venturing out on an epic and miss a week? Concentrate on the MEMWNS Heartlands, with more train assisted options too?

So, Compasses for me tomorrow.
Hopefully see you at the Compasses
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #10064 on: 08 November, 2016, 10:37:04 pm »
Or the Layer Fox...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #10065 on: 09 November, 2016, 09:03:41 am »
Or the Layer Fox...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Time for another thread: 'East-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series'? Noooo....

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #10066 on: 09 November, 2016, 10:37:56 am »
I heard that tedshred was going to build a wall between Great Tey and Goldhanger and make mid-Essex pay for it.
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #10067 on: 09 November, 2016, 11:38:52 am »
My ACME cap is headed for the Compasses (LG), if it makes it out this evening, mainly to return Tomsk's panniers to him.  Not sure what time I'll be leaving though so don't wait for me at the roundabout if I'm not there at 7:30, however I will endeavour to have beer in hand by 9pm.
Hope the East Essex Two enjoy their ride and beers too  :)

« Reply #10068 on: 09 November, 2016, 11:42:45 am »
I will be heading to the Layer Fox with the aim of having a pint in hand by 9pm also.

Anyone of the north/east persuasion is most welcome to join me  :thumbsup:

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #10069 on: 09 November, 2016, 11:49:58 am »
I might just switch my Garmin into "Oscar's Dad Navigation Mode" and see where I end up.

Mind you, it's a long way home from Lowestoft...

« Reply #10070 on: 09 November, 2016, 12:10:49 pm »
Lowestoft

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #10071 on: 09 November, 2016, 12:15:00 pm »
Lowestoft

Did you read the small print ;)

« Reply #10072 on: 09 November, 2016, 12:24:45 pm »
Of course not.

It's not I like I do that for a living or something. Oh.

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #10073 on: 09 November, 2016, 03:29:52 pm »
Not sure what time I'll get away tonight.  If I'm able to escape early enough I'll swing by the Spa Road rbt at 19h30 to see if there is anyone else there, but don't wait for me - I may be late.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #10074 on: 09 November, 2016, 05:09:10 pm »
Not sure what time I'll get away tonight.  If I'm able to escape early enough I'll swing by the Spa Road rbt at 19h30 to see if there is anyone else there, but don't wait for me - I may be late.
but where are you riding to, East or West?
If I'm not at the roundabout for 7:30 which is unlikely I'll try to get to The Compasses for about 9 via the direct route, probably leaving home about 8-ish