Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1751242 times)

Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #12550 on: 03 September, 2018, 12:53:03 pm »
Fine with me
Turn, turn, turn again
Turn, turn to the rain
And the wind

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #12551 on: 03 September, 2018, 01:00:57 pm »
Fine with me

Right then, I think that's a done deal unless anyone has a violent objection. 

As far as the Witham Peloton route is concerned let's see who shows up at Spa Road and take it from there - assuming there are no objections to The Compasses.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #12552 on: 03 September, 2018, 01:02:25 pm »
Actually Wednesday evening might be a good opportunity to talk to the genial landlord about an ACME / MEMWNS loyalty scheme  :demon:

« Reply #12553 on: 03 September, 2018, 01:07:42 pm »
If I can get clearances I'd be up for the monkey as is only a short jaunt home for a school night.

The monkeys hit or miss. Are there a few months back and was genuinely the best fish and chips I've had in at least a very long time if not ever.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #12554 on: 03 September, 2018, 01:10:17 pm »
If I can get clearances I'd be up for the monkey as is only a short jaunt home for a school night.

But we're now going to The Compasses (probably).  Don't worry, Terling and Littley Green are much the same thing so you'll be fine  :thumbsup:

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #12555 on: 03 September, 2018, 03:45:23 pm »
I am on late shift this week.

Perfect preparation for the Fenland Friends - get used to sleep deprivation before setting off.

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #12556 on: 03 September, 2018, 07:11:13 pm »
Actually Wednesday evening might be a good opportunity to talk to the genial landlord about an ACME / MEMWNS loyalty scheme  :demon:

And about the ACME Medal Ceremony and the PBP Pubinar [I've already emailed dates, but face-to-face might produce a result...]

Jem

• ACME HR and Diversity officer
« Reply #12557 on: 04 September, 2018, 12:16:43 pm »
Fine with me

Right then, I think that's a done deal unless anyone has a violent objection. 

As far as the Witham Peloton route is concerned let's see who shows up at Spa Road and take it from there - assuming there are no objections to The Compasses.
There will be violent objections to a squiggley route!
I may will go straight there from Spa RAB.
Sister Carol is currently out on a DIY 200 training for the Flatlands  :facepalm:  which he has described to me several times using a string of mostly unpublishable - and increasingly unappealing - adjectives so my plan is to conserve my limited energy for the weekend and do nothing that requires any gratuitous use of said energy.

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #12558 on: 04 September, 2018, 12:19:48 pm »
She's making me do it!

« Reply #12559 on: 04 September, 2018, 12:28:20 pm »
A PBP Pubinar sounds like an excellent idea - were any dates being suggested?
Turn, turn, turn again
Turn, turn to the rain
And the wind

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #12560 on: 04 September, 2018, 12:57:41 pm »
She's making me do it!
Just remember that there are no trains from Lincoln next weekend
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Oscar's dad

« Reply #12561 on: 04 September, 2018, 01:03:04 pm »
We can do a direct route to The Compasses:  Spa Rd RAB, TMNH, Compasses. Doesn’t get more direct.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #12562 on: 04 September, 2018, 02:47:21 pm »
We can do a direct route to The Compasses:  Spa Rd RAB, TMNH, Compasses. Doesn’t get more direct.

Actually, bearing in mind I am supposed to be getting some miles in prior to the ACME Dutch trip and I can't get out on me bike at the weekend as we are away in the 'van I am rather tempted to follow THIS LESS THAN DIRECT ROUTE tomorrow evening which I have just plucked from the archive.  I am happy to go it alone or accompany anyone else who feels like a leg stretch.

josser

• ACME Landlord
  • AKA Orange Socks
    • Orange Socks
« Reply #12563 on: 04 September, 2018, 02:56:30 pm »
I’ll be around tomorrow night, I think, so we’ll be able to nail down dates for medal ceremony and PBP seminar (sorry, been meaning to get back to your email Tomsk). See you then!  :thumbsup:
You can’t just call time out and stroll on into the beach if you don’t like the way things are goin’.

Jem

• ACME HR and Diversity officer
« Reply #12564 on: 04 September, 2018, 03:47:50 pm »
She's making me do it!

Lincoln does have a zoo with a Lynx enclosure though. I'm sure there'll be room for one more ...

Oscar's dad

« Reply #12565 on: 04 September, 2018, 03:50:30 pm »
She's making me do it!

Lincoln does have a zoo with a Lynx enclosure though. I'm sure there'll be room for one more ...

Is it possible to enclose a Lynx?  I was under the impression it was the beast which couldn't be tamed!  Phwoar!

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #12566 on: 04 September, 2018, 05:58:46 pm »
A PBP Pubinar sounds like an excellent idea - were any dates being suggested?

I haz a list of dates, will compare notes with Joss tomorrow.

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #12567 on: 04 September, 2018, 06:46:11 pm »
She's making me do it!

Liar, Liar, pants on fire!

I'm loading the Trainline App on my phone before I start.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #12568 on: 05 September, 2018, 09:56:01 am »

Actually, bearing in mind I am supposed to be getting some miles in prior to the ACME Dutch trip and I can't get out on me bike at the weekend as we are away in the 'van I am rather tempted to follow THIS LESS THAN DIRECT ROUTE tomorrow evening which I have just plucked from the archive.  I am happy to go it alone or accompany anyone else who feels like a leg stretch.
So you'll be setting off earlier than the traditional time from the roundabout to compensate for the over distance??
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Oscar's dad

« Reply #12569 on: 05 September, 2018, 10:15:13 am »

So you'll be setting off earlier than the traditional time from the roundabout to compensate for the over distance??

Unlikely as I'm in London at the moment, but I might get to The Compasses later than normal which is OK with me as less beer more miles is what is currently required.

« Reply #12570 on: 05 September, 2018, 11:09:39 am »
I'll be aiming for Spa Road roundabout at 1930, work dependent. May need to leave Compasses a little early* as I've been sleep deprived this week and have a Fenland Friends early start Saturday.

* Not sure whom I'm trying to kid here, I'll have had Essex Energy drinks...
Turn, turn, turn again
Turn, turn to the rain
And the wind

« Reply #12571 on: 05 September, 2018, 01:41:39 pm »
Unlikely as I'm in London at the moment, but I might get to The Compasses later than normal which is OK with me as less beer more miles is what is currently required.

I’ll be sharing some news about the Dutch trip later. You’ll be pleased to know that we’ve gone with a flat route just for you.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

Oscar's dad

« Reply #12572 on: 05 September, 2018, 01:49:02 pm »

I’ll be sharing some news about the Dutch trip later. You’ll be pleased to know that we’ve gone with a flat route just for you.

That must be quite tricky in The Netherlands ::-)

« Reply #12573 on: 05 September, 2018, 02:30:20 pm »
Depending on how getting home works out I'll try and get over tonight, it is pretty unlikely though, some miles would be good though.

I'll be aiming for Spa Road roundabout at 1930, work dependent. May need to leave Compasses a little early* as I've been sleep deprived this week and have a Fenland Friends early start Saturday.

Sleep deprived now is good if you can get a really good sleep in Tomorrow night and as long as possible on Friday it works well. Otherwise just think about the Uni and Rugby days when you could drink all night and still keep going....riding a bike can't be harder than staying awake on the beers (and other 'treats')

« Reply #12574 on: 05 September, 2018, 05:52:41 pm »
Is there a route for tonight?  It looks as if a direct to the Compasses is consensus, which is also my plan.....
Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...