Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1737538 times)

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #14525 on: 27 March, 2020, 06:03:06 pm »
I can host a Zoom meeting for up to 500 people with unlimited duration, on account of being the owner of Zoom in our colonial led multi-national company and responsible for feeding the guinea pigs that turn the wheels to keep it working.
One could say that Zoom is my raison d'être and bane of my life.
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #14526 on: 27 March, 2020, 06:20:23 pm »
The mantle passes from psyclist to Huggy who until further notice will be known as Captain Zoom  :thumbsup:

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #14527 on: 27 March, 2020, 07:30:31 pm »
Zoom it is then!  Thanks Huggy. :thumbsup: Just need to source some decent beers - a bit of a shortage here at the moment, unless I really lower my standards. I think the nation may have a serious drink problem at the end of all this, and judging by the chocolate and easter eggs flying off the shelves, an obesity/diabetes one too. As if that wasn't a problem already ...

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14528 on: 27 March, 2020, 08:14:44 pm »
So Capt Zoom, that’s two Elders placing their confidence in you, and you an Elder yourself!  What do we need to do next?  Furnish you with email addresses?

« Reply #14529 on: 27 March, 2020, 08:46:48 pm »
With Zoom you just need the link and password.

I like Huggy’s optimism with capacity for 500

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14530 on: 27 March, 2020, 08:50:29 pm »
With Zoom you just need the link and password.

I like Huggy’s optimism with capacity for 500

We can get 500 people, think big!

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #14531 on: 31 March, 2020, 09:43:22 am »
The MEMWNS virtual bikes & beers meeting
Hello to all fellow social distancing cyclists and beer imbibers at least loosely located in the Mid-Essex area, or any where else in the world, all welcome!
Here is the link and telephone numbers to join our regular Wednesday evening event.  This is a recurring meeting so the link will remain the same for all Wednesday evenings.
If joining by telephone for audio purpose please use one of the direct dial numbers list below and not any freephone Zoom number you may know from elsewhere or the call me option - that would be very naughty and will lead to the hosting of this event to be ended.  It's better to use computer audio anyway, so do that!

Meeting URL:    https://mmc.zoom.us/j/599902045

Join by telephone
Mobile one-tap:   United Kingdom: +442034815240,,599902045#
                                              or +441314601196,,599902045#
                                              or +442034815237,,599902045#

Dial:             United Kingdom: +44 203 481 5240
                                         or +44 131 460 1196
                                         or +44 203 481 5237

Meeting ID:    599 902 045

No meeting password has been set so it's easy to join but if we see any Zoombombers I'll set a password and share with some other method than a public forum post.

If you have not joined a Zoom meeting before by computer you will be prompted to install the client software, or go here to download the Zoom Client for Meetings anytime.  If you don't want to download the free software and sign in to a free Zoom account that is fine, just click 'Join from your browser' instead on the web page that opens when you have clicked the link.
You can join by smartphone or iPad/Android tablet too, simply go to the mobile app store of your persuasion and download the free Zoom Meetings app.  Create a free Zoom account and click the link above or tap Join and enter the Meeting ID above.  When using the mobile app it will of course use your data plan if you are not connected to WiFi, so I recommend you connect to WiFi if you can.

As is the usual practice we shall 'ride' to the refreshment meeting.  Ride on your own, exercising suitable social distancing, and arrive around 9-ish with your own beverage(s) of choice and settle down for an evening of banter and chat.
Video conferencing doesn't work well if there are lots of people talking at the same time so if there are any side conversations that people want to take off to a breakout area and talk separately to the the main room that can be arranged, just return to the main room when you have finished your private chat or want the BB to go get your next virtual beer.

Hope to see you Wednesday evening about 9-ish.  (You can join anytime.)

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14532 on: 31 March, 2020, 11:03:22 am »
Well done Captain Zoom!

I saw the Beer Bitch this morning whilst I queued to get into the Spa Road branch of Boots.  He looked bored, I think the least he could do is cycle around all our houses leaving beer on our doorsteps!

« Reply #14533 on: 31 March, 2020, 11:19:59 am »
Well done Captain Zoom!

Indeed. I've even learnt there is a concept of side-rooms within Zoom ... is that like the virtual equivalent of a smoking room?

I think the least he could do is cycle around all our houses leaving beer on our doorsteps!

Starting in the west

Andy C33

• Beverage Procurement Officer.
« Reply #14534 on: 31 March, 2020, 01:13:29 pm »
I’m on furlough, Mrs C33 is high risk. It’s time for Jibbers to show what he’s made of and step up.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14535 on: 31 March, 2020, 02:27:12 pm »
I’m on furlough, Mrs C33 is high risk. It’s time for Jibbers to show what he’s made of and step up.

:thumbsup:

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #14536 on: 31 March, 2020, 08:24:49 pm »
Calling Captain Zoom: Ok to invite WAGs and HABs along, and any other AUK/ACME chums that aren't regular MEMWNS types?

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #14537 on: 31 March, 2020, 10:16:43 pm »
Calling Captain Zoom: Ok to invite WAGs and HABs along, and any other AUK/ACME chums that aren't regular MEMWNS types?
No problem at all

« Reply #14538 on: 01 April, 2020, 11:00:43 am »
Doesn't OD normally provide a route suggestion by now each week? I was expecting a personalised route for everybody, to and from their own home, carefully co-ordinated to ensure people had fleeting pass-bys along the way. Surely that wouldn't be too much to ask?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14539 on: 01 April, 2020, 11:15:53 am »
Doesn't OD normally provide a route suggestion by now each week? I was expecting a personalised route for everybody, to and from their own home, carefully co-ordinated to ensure people had fleeting pass-bys along the way. Surely that wouldn't be too much to ask?

It's way too much to ask!  Particularly as I won't be cycling anywhere this evening!

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #14540 on: 01 April, 2020, 11:35:01 am »

It's way too much to ask!  Particularly as I won't be cycling anywhere this evening!
What?! How do you expect to get to the refreshment stop??

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14541 on: 01 April, 2020, 11:54:42 am »

What?! How do you expect to get to the refreshment stop??

I am hugely resourceful, I'll be fine!

« Reply #14542 on: 01 April, 2020, 10:26:18 pm »
Enjoyed that little chat. Obviously too far east for Andrew.  And Mersea is probably too far away - about 50 years too far away - for internet.
Turn, turn, turn again
Turn, turn to the rain
And the wind

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #14543 on: 01 April, 2020, 11:06:42 pm »
Enjoyed that little chat. Obviously too far east for Andrew.  And Mersea is probably too far away - about 50 years too far away - for internet.

Tide was in.
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #14544 on: 02 April, 2020, 07:37:43 am »
 :thumbsup: See you all next time. I realised my 18 mile ride last night didn't pass any MEMWNS venues, apart from the Angel & Harp in Churchend, which I think we visited once on a Wednesday evening, (although it has featured heavily post-audax of course). I must do a virtual pub crawl through the heartland next week, if I can take the pain and sadness of passing darkened premises ...

« Reply #14545 on: 08 April, 2020, 03:06:31 pm »
What's the score after last week, a weekly virtual MEMWNS or less frequent? I'm feeling more alive this week so intend to connect this evening, if we're good to go for another meet-up.

Do we need a weekly theme / activity, or are people happy to just gossip?

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #14546 on: 08 April, 2020, 05:55:52 pm »
I'll be out for my hourly ride around and about this evening. I will be on my road bike for a change: all the bikes are looking very well cared for now, even though I'm working more-or-less as normal, so there's no excuses like 'it needs cleaning/lubricating/servicing/new parts'. Not riding a huge mileage at weekends is the issue of course. Trouble is they're queueing up (2 metres apart) and getting jealous.

See you all at 21:00.

« Reply #14547 on: 08 April, 2020, 07:53:05 pm »
Will try and join later if I can finish work...

« Reply #14548 on: 15 April, 2020, 08:23:18 am »
As a suggestion to try something a bit different this evening, can we have a little game for a short time? I'm happy to act as quizmaster, and propose to use Linkee cards as the basis ... not for a full game which would take too long, but using just 10-15 cards, with a point for each correctly identified link. I'll explain the rules for those who don't know the structure of the game. Suggest a 9:15 start for the quiz.

And don't forget to use the password when accessing Zoom ... I won't share it as I'm not 100% sure I have correctly remembered what Huggy said last week.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14549 on: 15 April, 2020, 08:58:31 am »
Good idea psyclist  :thumbsup:

And remind me how I find out what the password is  :-\