Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1751032 times)

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #17925 on: 24 May, 2022, 01:33:02 pm »
I used to have the south to north KOM on that COR until a bunch of arseholes went faster  :P

We'll beat them for you  :thumbsup:

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #17926 on: 25 May, 2022, 12:05:01 pm »
This week’s excuse for not being out is that I’m in That London and not likely to be back in time to venture out awheel.
To offer a topic of conversation in my continued absence - if anyone fancies doing the G&YF route check ride you’d be most welcome. I have the special 300k BRM Centenary brevets now!
The route has been ridden a few times as a perm in the last year so only really looking at a check to ensure the roads haven’t been stolen. I had hoped to have a new steed to take to Norfolk & back but that is a waning hope that it may arrive before I forget what a bicycle actually feels like to be astride!
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

« Reply #17927 on: 25 May, 2022, 12:43:33 pm »
After a bit of rain this afternoon, its all looking fine for this evening ... as long as you don't live in the west, in which case you might have a bit of a headwind on the return!

I'm keen to start early and finish early. Is anybody else likely to be arriving around 8pm?

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #17928 on: 25 May, 2022, 01:13:42 pm »
After a bit of rain this afternoon, its all looking fine for this evening ... as long as you don't live in the west, in which case you might have a bit of a headwind on the return!

I'm keen to start early and finish early. Is anybody else likely to be arriving around 8pm?

Depends on work stuff at the moment. I may be able to make 20:30, I haven't even given any thought to what route I am planning on taking.
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #17929 on: 25 May, 2022, 02:18:26 pm »

I hope to be there about 8pm so I cab catch up on your Italian Adventure
Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...

« Reply #17930 on: 25 May, 2022, 02:21:47 pm »

I hope to be there about 8pm so I cab catch up on your Italian Adventure

:thumbsup:

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #17931 on: 25 May, 2022, 03:55:41 pm »
I should be out to play.

Planning to try the track fixed on shorter cranks - making my own way on tarmac.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #17932 on: 25 May, 2022, 04:25:25 pm »
I should be out to play.

Planning to try the track fixed on shorter cranks - making my own way on tarmac.

Short cranks equals extra ground clearance ideal for COR  :thumbsup:

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #17933 on: 25 May, 2022, 04:32:57 pm »
😂

Andy C33

• Beverage Procurement Officer.
« Reply #17934 on: 25 May, 2022, 05:15:55 pm »
I’m hoping to actually be out tonight. I may have to make my own sad way, although that will enable me to hide my bike from nasty naysayers.

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #17935 on: 25 May, 2022, 05:20:30 pm »
I’m hoping to actually be out tonight. I may have to make my own sad way, although that will enable me to hide my bike from nasty naysayers.
👍 I don't really care if it's rusty and only got one gear, it's the rusty rider with one gear I really wanna see.

Andy C33

• Beverage Procurement Officer.
« Reply #17936 on: 25 May, 2022, 05:22:24 pm »

👍 I don't really care if it's rusty and only got one gear, it's the rusty rider with one gear I really wanna see.
[/quote]

Big softy.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #17937 on: 25 May, 2022, 05:31:11 pm »
Blimey, its gonna be a right love fest tonight  ;D

I shall be on BJ this evening, so one fixed gear as I need to give BFC the chance to fix Dakota   :thumbsup:

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #17938 on: 25 May, 2022, 05:44:09 pm »
Odds on for a pile up on the way home!

felstedrider

« Reply #17939 on: 27 May, 2022, 04:13:14 pm »
Bumped into Tomsk in the lanes.   I asked if he was just out for a spin as, in my head, it was Tuesday.

It was, of course, Wednesday.   I had changed my work days and he was on his way to the pub.   Last weekend took more out of me than I originally thought.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #17940 on: 27 May, 2022, 04:28:18 pm »
Bumped into Tomsk in the lanes.   I asked if he was just our for a spin as, in my head, it was Tuesday.

It was, of course, Wednesday.   I had changed my work days and he was on his way to the pub.   Last weekend took more out of me than I originally thought.

You missed a treat, we had a lovely time!  Photos on me and jiber's Strava feeds. 

Mind you, missing out seemed to be a theme as there were 4 Witham peloton riders who didn't follow the route I carefully crafted, which took in jiber's excellent suggestions, all because they were scared off by a bit of COR   ::-)  In reality the COR was very benign and the route was a delight.  I really rate the cycle paths of Chelmsford.

« Reply #17941 on: 27 May, 2022, 05:32:16 pm »
I really rate the cycle paths of Chelmsford.

I read that as ‘hate’, and couldn’t understand why you wouldn’t like them!

I agree. When I ride in from the west it’s lovely to join the path near the agricultural college site and come in via the parks.

« Reply #17942 on: 29 May, 2022, 10:08:40 pm »
Hello Lovely People!

How about a visit to chief towers on the evening of Friday the 1st of July with the normal overnight camping facilities? 

Given the no doubt resplendent weather that evening, perhaps head straight to mine so tents can be setup earlier & everyone can sit round and relax for the summer evening.  Anytime from 6pm would be fine

I’ll provide a BBQ to cook on so if people wanted to bring their own food that would be great though I will get another stack of munchy pizzas for later on as well.

I’ll order 2x18 pinters from the Might Oak Brewing Company Ltd™ but depending on numbers, please bring your own preferred tipple as well. 

If you’d like to be a racing whippet from your home to mine, then I’m sure we can organise a central collection and drop-off of tents and associated camping paraphernalia before the event.  Though I'll let someone more logistically talented to take over there!

If you could let me know rough numbers nearer the time that would be grand. 

Hugs and stuff, chief

Oscar's dad

Re: .
« Reply #17943 on: 30 May, 2022, 06:57:38 am »
Hello Lovely People!

How about a visit to chief towers on the evening of Friday the 1st of July with the normal overnight camping facilities? 

Given the no doubt resplendent weather that evening, perhaps head straight to mine so tents can be setup earlier & everyone can sit round and relax for the summer evening.  Anytime from 6pm would be fine

I’ll provide a BBQ to cook on so if people wanted to bring their own food that would be great though I will get another stack of munchy pizzas for later on as well.

I’ll order 2x18 pinters from the Might Oak Brewing Company Ltd™ but depending on numbers, please bring your own preferred tipple as well. 

If you’d like to be a racing whippet from your home to mine, then I’m sure we can organise a central collection and drop-off of tents and associated camping paraphernalia before the event.  Though I'll let someone more logistically talented to take over there!

If you could let me know rough numbers nearer the time that would be grand. 

Hugs and stuff, chief

We is on holibobs I'm afraid  :'(

« Reply #17944 on: 30 May, 2022, 08:07:18 am »
Holidays? It's been a while since I've had one of those!

8th of July would also work for me if that is better for most folks  :thumbsup:

Oscar's dad

« Reply #17945 on: 30 May, 2022, 08:27:06 am »
Holidays? It's been a while since I've had one of those!

8th of July would also work for me if that is better for most folks  :thumbsup:

We're still away on the 8th but don't worry.  I highly recommend holidays!

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #17946 on: 30 May, 2022, 08:33:05 am »
Re: 1st July - Off to Penzance by train the following day for LEJOG audax, sorry! :( (And not back until late on Sunday 10th - with a couple of touring days following on.) I'd still be up for a Friday night camp sometime - and maybe extended into a long weekend's tour?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #17947 on: 30 May, 2022, 08:46:11 am »
... I'd still be up for a Friday night camp sometime - and maybe extended into a long weekend's tour?

This is a good idea  :thumbsup:

« Reply #17948 on: 30 May, 2022, 07:11:34 pm »
Any news on this weeks meet.
I have a night off from Dads taxi duties :-)

Thanks
Owen
Old Enough to know better, young enough not to care.
Facebook, the toilet wall of the modern generation

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #17949 on: 30 May, 2022, 07:30:14 pm »
Any news on this weeks meet.
I have a night off from Dads taxi duties :-)

Thanks
Owen

An Owen-friendly venue would be towards the south-west of mid-Essex? Axe and Compasses, Aythorpe Roding; Price Albert/Leather Bottle, Blackmore; the other Leather Bottle, Pleshey; Cricketers, Mill Green? 

Any other ideas?