Author Topic: What have you fettled today?  (Read 2178958 times)

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
Re: What have you fettled today?
« Reply #3200 on: 09 March, 2011, 07:50:01 pm »
I now have Dura Ace nuts ;D.

To go with my new nuts I've now got a Pro stem.
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

« Reply #3201 on: 09 March, 2011, 08:14:01 pm »

Awesome, I hope it's a nice firm one  ;D

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3202 on: 09 March, 2011, 08:46:03 pm »
Interzen, could you do a Batman logo in black to go on the black bike?  That would be kewl.
Getting there...

« Reply #3203 on: 09 March, 2011, 09:47:54 pm »
I just fettled a new pair of SPD cleats onto my Speciaqlized defrosters (shoes).  For the last couple of days the right hand one has been coming out of the pedals far too easily, so they needed doing.

Removing them, I found that one of the "washers" was broken, which could have resulted in that cleat coming loose, and which would in turn would have resulted in a clipless moment, when I would not have been as easily able to get that foot out of the pedal. It's just as well that I did this!
Actually, it is rocket science.

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
« Reply #3204 on: 09 March, 2011, 09:53:10 pm »

Next you'll be asking him how long it is!   ::-) :o
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

« Reply #3205 on: 09 March, 2011, 10:26:40 pm »
The spiky bits on an underwired bra, using some heatshrink.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #3206 on: 09 March, 2011, 10:33:28 pm »
Ironing on denim patches to the warn areas on my Nelson longflap, then stitching them in to be extra safe. I hate sewing.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #3207 on: 09 March, 2011, 10:37:33 pm »

Oooh, top tip there...

Heatshrink >> bra shopping.   :thumbsup:

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #3208 on: 09 March, 2011, 10:38:09 pm »

Next you'll be asking him how long it is!   ::-) :o

All I'll say is I've upgraded by 10 mm because I felt the old one was a bit too short.
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

« Reply #3209 on: 09 March, 2011, 10:39:28 pm »
Also fitted SPD pedals to my Yuba, and then got swarf in my finger when trying to make sure there was nothing in the threads of the cranks.

« Reply #3210 on: 10 March, 2011, 03:15:13 am »
I just lubed my chain.

New approach to the 3am waking- do stuff.

It's bloody freezing. Next time I'll get dressed first, rather than going out to the bike shed in my pjs.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3211 on: 10 March, 2011, 09:24:17 am »
Well, it's productive, I suppose, but sleep would be better...
Getting there...

« Reply #3212 on: 10 March, 2011, 09:41:29 am »

Oooh, top tip there...

Indeed

The discomfort one goes through to get a decent cleavage .  .  .
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Ray 6701

• SO @ T
    • Tamworth cycling club
« Reply #3213 on: 10 March, 2011, 02:51:23 pm »
Just assembled a BSO for my neighbours granddaughter to ride. Ellswick something or other, now there's a name from the past!!
SR 2010/11/12/13/14/15
RRTY. PBP. LeJoG 1400. LEL.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #3214 on: 10 March, 2011, 03:26:48 pm »
Indeed

The discomfort one goes through to get a decent cleavage .  .  .

I don't think I'll ever get a decent cleavage.  But not being stabbed is still a worthy goal.

« Reply #3215 on: 10 March, 2011, 04:34:21 pm »

All I'll say is I've upgraded by 10 mm because I felt the old one was a bit too short.

If only it was always so easy  ;)

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #3216 on: 10 March, 2011, 05:32:45 pm »
Removed the "old" car stereo out of the Scenic in anticipation of getting my new toy tomorrow.

Obviously this WAS completed with the requisite cutting of finger[1]....

Now all I need to do is pack my bags and throw them in the car ready for the morning, 4 hours in work then a trip up to Rotherham  :o

[1] - Tiermat's law states that no car stereo fitting, or removal is complete unless a limb or appendage has been cut or damaged in some way.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #3217 on: 10 March, 2011, 05:38:15 pm »
I rebuilt the front wheel from my audax bike with the newly-fettled Schmidt hub, fitted new Krylion Carbon 25c tyres, and changed and re-taped the bars.  All ready for the Cheltenham Flyer now!

Tail End Charlie

« Reply #3218 on: 10 March, 2011, 05:40:27 pm »
Raised the bars on my tourer with a steerer exender. Of course, nothing's that easy as this made the gear and brake cables too short. Went to the LBS and took a guess at what length of outer for each I needed which of course ended up not being enough. Went back for more. Then ran out of electrical tape etc etc.......

Job's nearly done now.

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #3219 on: 11 March, 2011, 12:53:42 pm »
Put a new chain on my TT bike. Since I Dremeled a 9-sp cassette to fit an ancient 8-sp hub (1995 Shamals) I needed a narrower chain. Minor adjustments to the stop screws and it's nice to finally get the indexing perfect.

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #3220 on: 11 March, 2011, 01:51:46 pm »
Got the Shimano Alivio 8 speed rear derraliur stripped down, cleanded up and nearly put back together!  Started it at 10am, should get it finished by 2:30pm.  Lucky I'm not charging my own time or labour as it'd probably be cheaper to by a shiny new one.... 

« Reply #3221 on: 11 March, 2011, 05:10:08 pm »
I put up my Keter plastic shed. It was a piece of cake & well designed, UNTIL we got to the roof. It felt like the designers had got bored on a Friday afternoon and thought, "sod it, it's time to go home, so let's quickly finish the design by getting them to screw the roof on". All the rest of it had custom fittings, but the roof was simple screws. Effective enough, but crude. The roof panels were about 5mm too long as well. Nevertheless, the two of us got it up in 2.5 hours and it looks good.

I might risk the Dahon folder in there, but there's no space for any other of my bikes and I wouldn't trust it anyway.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #3222 on: 11 March, 2011, 05:21:19 pm »
Refitted a Bagman q.r. to the saddle & Topeak extender/map trap to the handlebars of the Trek in readiness for an audax ride.
These things were removed last week for pootling round the local lanes where I dont't need a saddle bag or a map-trap 'cause a seat pak & local knowledge are sufficient.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #3223 on: 11 March, 2011, 05:27:28 pm »
Regreased HK's new front hub, destined to be built into her old MTB.  Once the Sapim spokes arrive, build the wheel and then finally 'job done!'
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #3224 on: 11 March, 2011, 05:35:19 pm »
Clean transmission, fit new chainring, couple of sprockets and chain.  Fit new rim to front wheel - trying out an Exal XR2 because it is cheap and all this work is on the hack.