Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Audax / Re: What do you wear for Audaxes?
« Last post by T42 on Today at 05:15:04 pm »
Another vote for Assos shorts. Bloody expensive. Eye wateringly so. Worth every penny. Sudocrem helps.
I was upsold a pair of these before LEL. Expensive but I did not regret it. I keep them exclusively for audax, and use lesser shorts for shorter rides. My view is the number of washes is probably what defines the life of shorts not the number of kms.

I bought 3 pairs before PBP 2015 and used them until earlier this year.  I've had a couple of other makes - Ekoi and Castelli i.a. - but the pads are monolithic and stiff.  Assos's are really two pads, one for each buttock, with a flexible piece in between, and they stay put and move with you whereas the others tend to move away from where they ought to be.

I have 3 new pairs now and they'll probably see me out.

The other half of what you "wear" on your nethers is, of course, your saddle.  Nothing beats worn-in leather.
« Last post by freeflow on Today at 05:08:51 pm »
Conotrane rather than sudocreme.  No white stains.  Just as cheap or even cheaper.
The Pub / Re: Can we reboot Tune Association?
« Last post by PaulF on Today at 04:53:25 pm »
Whilst I was tempted by the Beefheart option it makes sense, probably closely followed by the “Random threads about…” whilst there may some wit and amusement there’s no real loss of knowledge.

How much space does Tune Association use? It probably has the shortest posts on average of the whole forum, or is it the sheer volume of them that’s causing the problem?
Arts and Entertainment / Re: TV series that would bear repeating
« Last post by mrcharly-YHT on Today at 04:28:30 pm »
Monkey.  Not Monkey Tennis, that's different.

I hope you mean the 1978 Japanese version.
Freewheeling / Re: Elephant in the room
« Last post by citoyen on Today at 04:19:13 pm »
As I previously mentioned, my act of trying to get these ladies into our cycling club (after they expressed an interest back in May 2023 has backfired and slapped me in the face).

Well, at least one of them has shown an interest in clearing the air, which is positive.

I hope you get the backing of the club over this in their response to the complaints. You need them to take this out of your hands, wouldn't be fair to leave you to deal with it single-handedly.
The Knowledge / Re: Best place to sell a track bike?
« Last post by Gattopardo on Today at 04:06:19 pm »
Could try LFGSS or here.
OT Knowledge / Re: Old laptops
« Last post by Gattopardo on Today at 04:05:30 pm »
I have a couple of old laptops, that I want to get rid of. Is there a way of recycling them ? My concern is with the hard drives and what personal information may or may not be on them.  The easiest solution is pull out the hard drives and scrap them, but it seems very wasteful.

Thanks

Are they viable as modern laptops as I need to replace a couple of win7 laptops that are very much passed their best.
Audax / Re: Old Roads 300 (Exeter Wheelers CC)
« Last post by Wycombewheeler on Today at 03:51:06 pm »
This one interests me, if a rider were to arrive in Honiton on the last train (23:26), what would they do while waiting for the start?
The Pub / Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Last post by davelodwig on Today at 03:47:17 pm »
I have just received an email from the National Trust inviting me to book up for 'Christmas at Stourhead".  :facepalm: :hand:

To be fair for some NT places you may already be too late to book for Christmas.

I worked with someone who used to book the Annual (December) Christmas party in January.

I don't know what it says about peoples lives' that they need to have something to look forward to that far in the future.
« Last post by Wycombewheeler on Today at 03:42:13 pm »
A Shakedry rain-jacket is the least obnoxious of its type but it is delicate and now out of production.
out of production due to phasing out of forever chemicals, as I understand it. I love mine, small and lightweight and used as often for warmth as for dryness. But they do come up really small and have no stretch in them.

Another vote for Assos shorts. Bloody expensive. Eye wateringly so. Worth every penny. Sudocrem helps.
I was upsold a pair of these before LEL. Expensive but I did not regret it. I keep them exclusively for audax, and use lesser shorts for shorter rides. My view is the number of washes is probably what defines the life of shorts not the number of kms.

Sudocrem for after riding, decent chamois cream for before if available, otherwise double up on sudocrem.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10