Author Topic: Long rides in (late!) 2021  (Read 1494 times)

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
Long rides in (late!) 2021
« on: 03 March, 2021, 06:42:02 pm »
Anyone know of 400+ rides that are either definitely on, or hints/rumours that the org is very keen to run them?!?

[please no C***d speculation - it will be what it will be, and us audaxers cannot change it  :-\ ]

Near Europe also considered - if there is high confidence of them, not just a calendar entry that has yet to be deleted :-)

Of course the strongest rumour would be a post by an actual organiser ... ]
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Re: Long rides in (late!) 2021
« Reply #1 on: 03 March, 2021, 08:01:00 pm »
Hope to run my southern shires 400km in October, currently looking at options, halls and such like.

« Reply #2 on: 03 March, 2021, 08:06:08 pm »
Tomsk is planning to run the ACME Grand in early September.

As people said before the first running, its a nice easy 1000km!

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: 03 March, 2021, 09:00:33 pm »
Tomsk is planning to run the ACME Grand in early September.

As people said before the first running, its a nice easy 1000km!

Running and riding it! And aiming to check the route in spring/summer, as maybe a 5 x 200km tour, not a silly solo DIY like last time ... Stopping overnight at: Banbury, Newport or Cardiff, Barry or Cardiff, Banbury again. Very civilised; be nice to see more in daylight - I went through the Cotswolds in the dark (night #1), also a chunk of the Welsh valleys(#2 on my way to my only proper sleep of the trip in Penarth) and on the return through Oxfordshire as far east as Ashwell, Herts (#3)! Might even have a day off to be a proper tourist.

Riding it means I won't be providing Welshcakes up the Black Mountain this time - which was only possible in 2018 due to a surplus in the budget for fuel and other expenses. It was great fun though and would do it again if the coffers were healthier - maybe in '22 as a PBP pre-qualifier? I'm hopeful of a better take-up of events this year though.

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #4 on: 03 March, 2021, 09:04:08 pm »
IanH is running all his rides as soon as it's possible

Pete Mas

• Don't Worry 'bout a thing...
« Reply #5 on: 04 March, 2021, 08:10:41 pm »
KWAC are planning on running a full series, from Surbiton or Raynes Park, as usual, including the 400+ Dauntsey Dawdle 400 (June 26) and the Wander Wye 600 (July 24), & LLEL 1000 (July 7).
''It is better to travel hopefully than to arrive."

R.L.Stevenson

« Reply #6 on: 04 March, 2021, 09:12:43 pm »
I know you said 400s, but I’m looking at running a 300 in August. Originally planned for late July. But with a niece’s delayed wedding (fingers crossed) on that weekend, and no LEL. I’m going to put it back a couple of weeks.  It’s a revival of the Rutland Weekend. I’ll likely do a first test ride in June as I’ve some route changes based on some 200’s I did up that way in the summer.

Likely start / finish Baldock, Hertfordshire   

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #7 on: 04 March, 2021, 10:47:55 pm »
Blimey! That's more positive than I'd expected.
Great stuff. I better do some riding ...
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Pete Mas

• Don't Worry 'bout a thing...
« Reply #8 on: 05 March, 2021, 01:12:50 am »
KWAC are planning on running a full series, from Surbiton or Raynes Park, as usual, including the 400+ Dauntsey Dawdle 400 (June 6) and the Wander Wye 600 (July 24), & LLEL 1000 (July 7).
I think you mean 26th June for Dauntsey Dawdle, Pete.  When, with a bit of luck, we will have no restrictions.
Yes, twas a typo error...
''It is better to travel hopefully than to arrive."

R.L.Stevenson