General Category > On The Road

Road bullying

<< < (2/7) > >>

Kim:
Not sure there's a real change in genuine bullying behaviour, but impatience levels seem to be increasing...

Canardly:
Just wait until additional speed limits are imposed to limit fuel demand. That will really piss them off.

rogerzilla:
The new HC rules have militated the Mr Toads.

JellyLegs:
A long ride yesterday, mainly rural but with some busier roads and larger town sections was one of my most pleasant ever when measured by the behaviour of other drivers.  I didn’t experience a single close pass of note or any bullying when it came to passing through narrow sections.   I even remember a number of vehicles waiting patiently for a safe opportunity to pass whilst I ground my way up a few hills at what felt like 0kph. Was this just a fluke or is the new HC beginning to bed in?

On a less positive note, shame the last 10km in the dark was plagued by a procession of car drivers who had no intention of dimming their retina-burning headlights or perhaps no idea they were on full beam.

arabella:

--- Quote from: JellyLegs on 21 March, 2022, 08:12:10 am ---:
On a less positive note, shame the last 10km in the dark was plagued by a procession of car drivers who had no intention of dimming their retina-burning headlights or perhaps no idea they were on full beam.

--- End quote ---
I made a similar comment, can't remember where.  It was commented that a lot of folks now have auto-dip and it's possible (how do we check?) that auto-dim fails to pick up on bike lights.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version