Author Topic: Round the Year Randonneur  (Read 17267 times)

Re: Round the Year Randonneur
« Reply #75 on: 19 January, 2011, 10:32:03 am »
I think doing Permenants in the week,starting from the nearest control to home with the longest opening hours (probably Congleton) is worth a try.

GPS is your answer to riding DIYs in the middle of nowhere at unsociable hours. You even get to start at the grid ref of your choice, which may as well be your front door. :thumbsup:

AndyH

« Reply #76 on: 07 February, 2011, 02:33:20 am »
9 / 12, Subject to validation. Extended the Primrose Path to 200.

March April and May to go  :)

3peaker

• RRTY Mad 42 up
« Reply #77 on: 07 February, 2011, 02:50:13 pm »
Oh, the joys of the first w/e of a new month, when you can get a ride in.  Already this month an AAARTY qualifier (Thurs) and my RRTY 13/10 and Consec 8/8 yesterday, despite some strong winds.  My Severn and Estuary 200 perm took me into the headwind for 4-5hrs across the Cotswolds and Mendips, until I turned at Portishead and then I had the dream of a tail blow over the M5 Avon bridge and across the Forest of Dean; all recorded on Garmin for a .tcx track. Wow.
SteveP
SteveP

Promoting : Cheltenham Flyer 200, Cider with Rosie 150, Character Coln 100.

« Reply #78 on: 07 February, 2011, 09:41:39 pm »
A couple of new members to the RTTY club are Dave Baxandall  :thumbsup: an Mary Doyle  :thumbsup:.

Both completed "Mr. Pickwick Takes Flight" at the week end, a rather apt ride considering the weather.

No doubt Mr Wigley will be getting their claims once rides have been validated.
where you have a concentration of power in a few hands, all too frequently men with the mentality of gangsters get control. History has proven that. Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely.

« Reply #79 on: 08 February, 2011, 09:15:35 pm »
A couple of new members to the RTTY club are Dave Baxandall  :thumbsup: an Mary Doyle  :thumbsup:.
Is RTTY (randonneur through the year?) the Black Sheep alternative to RRTY? (Why go round it when you can go through it?) In which case, we are just 3 months into a RTTY.

Whilst it is very pleasing to finish our RRTY, I feel a sense of addiction coming on :o Does anyone know how to avoid our next 200 being the start of our next RRTY? First time round, I wasn't aware of our predicament until we'd got 6 or 7 months under our belts.

mmmmartin

• BPB 1/1: PBP 0/1
    • FNRttC
« Reply #80 on: 08 February, 2011, 09:36:03 pm »
Does anyone know how to avoid our next 200 being the start of our next RRTY?
Sorry, no. This is a terrible addiction. Seek medical help. I am now addicted to a meaningless compulsion to lots of hill events to get a Grimpeur du Sud medal. My only advice is to turn back now.
Besides, it wouldn't be audacious if success were guaranteed.

mikewigley

« Reply #81 on: 09 February, 2011, 11:51:54 am »

Unfortunately it seems that A&E is the only way to stop RRTY.  And a relapse is all too common once the plaster comes off

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #82 on: 09 February, 2011, 12:21:52 pm »

YES,I KNOW
Ride with me.
My RRTY capaign currently reads 1xDnf & 3x Dns ::-)

« Reply #83 on: 09 February, 2011, 12:30:36 pm »
 I feel a sense of addiction coming on :o [/quote]

See you in Tewkesbury on the first weekend of next month!

A moving treadmill is very hard to get off and the longer you're on the faster it seems to go. The addiction has been ongoing for 7 years and 8 months

Tony 

« Reply #84 on: 09 February, 2011, 01:16:22 pm »

Unfortunately it seems that A&E is the only way to stop RRTY.  And a relapse is all too common once the plaster comes off

;D

« Reply #85 on: 10 February, 2011, 09:12:15 am »
My RRTY capaign currently reads 1xDnf & 3x Dns ::-)

Ah - your're going for the DNRTY  :)