BlackBerry Way - The Move
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by Robh on Today at 12:11:22 am »
Don’t Touch Me There ~ The Tubes
;D Nice one.

Going Underground - The Jam
The Pub / Re: Super-Twat
« Last post by rr on Today at 12:03:51 am »
@jellylegs, sounds like the sort of thing a local campaign would work on, promote the message that she's in it for her ministerial career and isn't representing locals on local issues.  Should get traction and is a good news story.

Unfortunately I live in one of the safest Tory seats in the land.  The next election really would need to be a wipeout of never before seen proportions before she needs to worry about any campaign I could mount.  It’s one downside of living in a beautiful part of rural Essex that I am pretty much on the boundary of 4 constituencies, 2 safe Tory havens and two that are based on large conurbations with very different priorities / needs to my village so none even vaguely represent me.
The Saffron Walden constituency is massive and includes the western part of Chelmsford, including the hospital. Illustrating how sparsely populated the middle of Essex is.
Long and heartfelt post, short and equally heartfelt answer:  You (and putative others) have had an incredible escape.  You now know never to do it again.  That's the simple lesson.  It was a brave post, Garry and I hope you continue to recover well.
Some damselfly action in the garden.

IMG_7409_01 by The Pingus, on Flickr

IMG_7374_01 by The Pingus, on Flickr

IMG_7363_01 by The Pingus, on Flickr
i've had trouble on some rides, so after a the brevet cymru, I book a room at the travelodge for saturday night as well as friday night. even if I don't get back until 6am, 5 hours in a bed before driving home is crucial. admittedly I would not book a room for a 10 mile drive, but then for 10 miles, I'd probably cycle. 1) it's much harder to fall asleep while cycling, and 2) i'm extremely unlikely to take someone else with me.

on a 600 I will try to have as much sleep as possible mid ride, at least 4 hours, and maybe even 6. I didn't get that on the BCM last year, so I ended up stopping for a series of half hour sleeps on the journey, took over twice as long as normal to get home.

for the brimstone last year I knew I would not get much sleep, so I travelled by train.

I've decided to book a room mid event when I can, rather than getting disturbed sleep in halls and to hell with people who think my approach isn't hair shirt enough to be pure audax.
regardless I do not drive home after reaching arrivee at 8am, plan to sleep or travel by train/bike.

« Last post by Mr Larrington on Yesterday at 11:37:03 pm »
Don’t Touch Me There ~ The Tubes
The Pub / Re: What have you fettled today?
« Last post by barakta on Yesterday at 11:32:44 pm »
3D printers ftw!
« Last post by Robh on Yesterday at 11:23:58 pm »
Touch Me In The Morning - Diana Ross
Arts and Entertainment / Re: What was the last film you watched?
« Last post by toontra on Yesterday at 11:16:34 pm »
"Love Lies Bleeding".  Utter shite.  Made the mistake of going by Peter Bradshaw's 5 star review last week.  I should have also read Benjamin Lee's 2 star review (also in the Guardian) on it's showing at Sundance 3 months ago - he was spot on.  Not sure what Bradshaw smokes these days but I won't be putting any stock in his reviews in future.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10