Author Topic: Science Fiction enthusiast Cat  (Read 1284 times)

Science Fiction enthusiast Cat
« on: 25 August, 2008, 11:46:11 am »
I was watching an episode of Stargate SG-1 whilst eating my breakfast, and briefly one of the characters (Hathor) held up a squealing Goa'uld.

Talisker was fascinated by this, and actually wandered over to the TV to inspect it.  That's the first time ever I've seen him interested in anything on there, even when it has been small rodents and birds.  I've assumed that the colour spectrum his eyes respond to isn't well matched by colour TV, so they don't look correct to him.  The sound, on the other hand, is clearly quite compatible with his hearing.  He's stayed around, I guess on the off chance that it returns!

I guess the sounds effects bod used the sounds of some animal to provide the squealing, and whatever it was, Tali was interested in hunting it!  Actually he'd probably be willing to chase pretty much anything  After several weeks stuck indoors he is getting really pissed off with me!
Actually, it is rocket science.

Re: Science Fiction enthusiast Cat
« Reply #1 on: 26 August, 2008, 04:11:37 pm »
Bruno watches animal shows. We have a video of him watching a show about leaping lemurs, and he really gets into it.
scottclark.photoshelter.com

Clare

• Is in NZ
« Reply #2 on: 26 August, 2008, 10:51:18 pm »
Kafer used to love the International Horse Of The Year Show.

border-rider

« Reply #3 on: 26 August, 2008, 10:55:38 pm »
Rosie (our old cat) used to love women in fluffy blond wigs.  She'd sit on the telly and reach down and try to bat them  :)

« Reply #4 on: 27 August, 2008, 12:05:46 am »
My Mum told me a story about their old ginger tom, Tiger, who on seeing a small rodent on a TV programme run behind something, ran behind the TV set itself, to see where it had gone! ;D
Actually, it is rocket science.