Author Topic: [LEL17] LEL2017: Who is in?  (Read 37702 times)

Chris N

Re: LEL2017: Who is in?
« Reply #125 on: 16 January, 2017, 04:04:52 pm »
Thanks LWaB.  Looking forward to it already.

Planet X Paul

• The Green Machine
« Reply #126 on: 16 January, 2017, 11:12:03 pm »
Just paid.  So just waiting for the nice little email from the organisers  :thumbsup:

Nelson Longflap

• Riding a bike is meant to be easy ...
« Reply #127 on: 17 January, 2017, 06:25:42 pm »
I'm in.

And paid a few minutes ago ...  O:-)

Looking forward to all the tender loving care  :thumbsup:
The worst thing you can do for your health is NOT ride a bike

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #128 on: 17 January, 2017, 08:00:59 pm »
Worth getting onto the wait list as we still have 100 of the first 400 who have not paid their balance .. we are chasing hard this week .. but maybe a sizeable number have changed their mind and not so far bothered to tell us.

I haven't paid yet but intend to sort it tomorrow morning. Sorry if my delay has caused any extra admin work.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Phil W

« Reply #129 on: 17 January, 2017, 08:47:35 pm »
Worth getting onto the wait list as we still have 100 of the first 400 who have not paid their balance .. we are chasing hard this week .. but maybe a sizeable number have changed their mind and not so far bothered to tell us.

I haven't paid yet but intend to sort it tomorrow morning. Sorry if my delay has caused any extra admin work.

Order id / number as payment reference please

citoyen

« Reply #130 on: 17 January, 2017, 09:22:50 pm »
Order id / number as payment reference please

Wilco.

Was planning to do it on Monday but I was driving all day, then I've been in meetings all day today...

Phil W

« Reply #131 on: 17 January, 2017, 10:36:56 pm »
Don't leave it too late, entries not paid for will be released to general entry.

citoyen

« Reply #132 on: 18 January, 2017, 10:21:30 am »
Payment made. Order no + name as reference. Should clear in 2hrs, so ought to be there by the next time you look at the account. I'll let you know if I don't receive the confirmation email in due course, but I'm confident it has all gone through smoothly.

Fidgetbuzz

• L sp MOON. 1st R sp MARS . At X SO sp STARS
« Reply #133 on: 18 January, 2017, 10:50:18 am »
I am checking bank account very frequently now . but Danial is away in USA so there are some timing snags over getting confirming e-mails away to riders who have paid.

BUT on Thursday evening  I will have a very clear idea of who has said they want a place .. and then has not paid ( or made contact ) .. this last applies in the main to riders paying to the € account which has no online access .. so info on payments there is a bit slow.

At the moment .. I can only say I am gob smacked at the number who took up a guaranteed place ( AUK or film) .. but have not paid ( about 100).. and not admitted that when they thought about it 1400kms was more than they could do. This is causing some debate as to exactly how many places we can offer on 20th.
I was an accountant until I discovered Audax !!

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #134 on: 18 January, 2017, 10:59:51 am »
Seeing that our payments only went in late last night, I think we've been some of those gobsmacking folk. Playing chicken can be fun but eventually there is a limit.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

Fidgetbuzz

« Reply #135 on: 18 January, 2017, 11:02:19 am »
Your cash for both is in LWB .. but with Danial on hols in USA a formal confirmation may be slow

« Reply #136 on: 18 January, 2017, 11:12:56 am »

At the moment .. I can only say I am gob smacked at the number who took up a guaranteed place ( AUK or film) .. but have not paid.. and not admitted that when they thought about it 1400kms was more than they could do. This is causing some debate as to exactly how many places we can offer on 20th.

Is this people who 'took up' the guaranteed place when it was offered last year, or who have applied since 6 Jan for their guaranteed place?. Beggars belief if its since 6th!
The older you get, the better you get, unless you are a banana.

Fidgetbuzz

« Reply #137 on: 18 January, 2017, 11:16:36 am »
there are about 60 who paid £100 in 2015 who have not followed up either by asking for £50 back or paying the balance .. despite fairly strong reminders

There are about 100 who took up a place on 6th Jan who still have not paid .. again with strong reminders .. pay by 19th .. or your place goes.

« Reply #138 on: 18 January, 2017, 11:20:50 am »
Not sure that it beggars belief.

On the one hand there can be a perfectly legitimate belief that the money is better in your account than in someone else's, on the other cashflow may dictate paying on the 19th of the month rather than the 6th. For some people, £300 isn't a wholly insignificant sum, especially a couple of weeks after Xmas spending has finished.

As for 'strong reminders,' have these been emailed to those who registered on the 6th and haven't yet paid? I've not seen anything other than posts here and on facebook - I don't think that's a reliable method of reaching everyone.

citoyen

« Reply #139 on: 18 January, 2017, 11:26:53 am »
On the one hand there can be a perfectly legitimate belief that the money is better in your account than in someone else's, on the other cashflow may dictate paying on the 19th of the month rather than the 6th. For some people, £300 isn't a wholly insignificant sum, especially a couple of weeks after Xmas spending has finished.

For me, it was a case of having to transfer cash from one account to another, which I couldn't do online. Would have sorted it sooner but for other things getting in the way.

I was starting to get worried about the risk of losing my place if there were any problems with the payment going through and it does surprise me that so many other people don't seem that concerned.

« Reply #140 on: 18 January, 2017, 11:29:50 am »
I was starting to get worried about the risk of losing my place if there were any problems with the payment going through and it does surprise me that so many other people don't seem that concerned.

I think many people don't anticipate problems. (Or the consequences of them ...)

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #141 on: 18 January, 2017, 11:42:00 am »
Thanks muchly for the confirmation FB but I had no expectation of a confirming email for a few days anyway. From here, it seems like you must be hitting refresh every few minutes! Even I am not that demanding. Go out for a nice ride FB.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #142 on: 18 January, 2017, 11:46:53 am »
I've sent a couple of reminder emails to people who paid deposits back in 2015. I send one on the 9th and another on the 15th.

I get a lot of emails from people who say they've not sent the emails I've sent. That's a problem with using mailchimp, though Phil has a plan to try and reduce the tendency of our emails to go straight to spam/sub-spam.

JonB

• Granny Ring ... Yes Please!
« Reply #143 on: 18 January, 2017, 12:02:08 pm »
I've just started a Gmail account which I used for LEL.  By default it had 3 tabs, one of which was social.  The registration email went into the primary and the payment went into social where it languished unseen by me before I emailed the orgs, I was told that the email had been sent (thanks for getting back to me) and I found it in the social tab (which seemed to be full of promotional shit) so all good but it's weird how they were 'filed' differently by Gmail.  Have now dismantled this set up for one primary, all inclusive inbox.

Fidgetbuzz

« Reply #144 on: 18 January, 2017, 12:07:41 pm »
Thanks muchly for the confirmation FB but I had no expectation of a confirming email for a few days anyway. From here, it seems like you must be hitting refresh every few minutes! Even I am not that demanding. Go out for a nice ride FB.

Not able to .. got a very nasty chest infection .. had to call off bridge last night .. so clearly serious .. and quite concerned about getting the 119th consecutive month in .. maybe 10 days time .. BUT ,, will be under heavy domestic pressure not to kill myself

LMT

« Reply #145 on: 18 January, 2017, 12:10:01 pm »
I am checking bank account very frequently now . but Danial is away in USA so there are some timing snags over getting confirming e-mails away to riders who have paid.

BUT on Thursday evening  I will have a very clear idea of who has said they want a place .. and then has not paid ( or made contact ) .. this last applies in the main to riders paying to the € account which has no online access .. so info on payments there is a bit slow.

At the moment .. I can only say I am gob smacked at the number who took up a guaranteed place ( AUK or film) .. but have not paid ( about 100).. and not admitted that when they thought about it 1400kms was more than they could do. This is causing some debate as to exactly how many places we can offer on 20th.

It's not a case of I can't do it, as I said upthread it's a case of if I want to do it - still mulling TBH.

And having checked my junk e-mail folder as well I've received no reminders - which may well be a hint of course. ;D

Fidgetbuzz

« Reply #146 on: 18 January, 2017, 12:24:27 pm »
Think I may be wrong here .. we have chased the £100 guys hard ,.. but apparently assumed that the 6th Jan lot did not need chasing.. and in reality they should not need chasing .. so maybe there are a lot in the same boat as LMT .. but this seems unlikely to me .. come tomorrow evening we will know.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #147 on: 18 January, 2017, 12:38:09 pm »

Not able to .. got a very nasty chest infection .. had to call off bridge last night .. so clearly serious .. and quite concerned about getting the 119th consecutive month in .. maybe 10 days time .. BUT ,, will be under heavy domestic pressure not to kill myself

Eeek!

Get Well Soon FB!

RRTY is only a series of bike rides...

Fidgetbuzz

« Reply #148 on: 18 January, 2017, 01:18:18 pm »
Not when 118 consecutive done .. just Jan and Feb for 10 years

« Reply #149 on: 18 January, 2017, 02:24:10 pm »
I think you might find heavy pressure from non-domestic sources not to kill yourself too ...