Author Topic: The Good News Thread  (Read 1164576 times)

Re: The Good News Thread
« Reply #3650 on: 31 March, 2011, 02:57:58 pm »
My doctor has prescribed More Bike Rides, More Sex and Outings With Children.

(I hope I don't have to do them all at once...)

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #3651 on: 31 March, 2011, 03:11:59 pm »
I see that you are riding the Mull It Over audax.
That'll take care of the first & third elements of that prescription ;D

Gus

• Loosing weight stone by stone
    • We will return

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #3653 on: 31 March, 2011, 10:57:09 pm »
A certain very prestigious journal (with a single word title that starts with N) has just accepted a paper of which I am not at liberty to discuss the contents until publication. However, for those of you who know what I am working on, I will happily confirm or deny any suggestions you may make.

"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #3654 on: 01 April, 2011, 06:08:27 am »
A certain very prestigious journal (with a single word title that starts with N) has just accepted a paper of which I am not at liberty to discuss the contents until publication. However, for those of you who know what I am working on, I will happily confirm or deny any suggestions you may make.

You got a piece in Nuts?    ;D

Congratulations!

« Reply #3655 on: 01 April, 2011, 11:23:35 am »
My Mum is coming to visit this weekend. She wasn't sure, as my Dad's poorly at the moment, but she's just texted to say she's on her way. Yippee!  :D

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #3656 on: 01 April, 2011, 12:31:59 pm »

Your submission to Naturism Monthly on the Biomechanics of Dangly bits?
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #3657 on: 01 April, 2011, 12:35:49 pm »
My doctor has prescribed More Bike Rides, More Sex and Outings With Children.
Is he a scoutmaster?
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

« Reply #3658 on: 01 April, 2011, 01:43:56 pm »
Early friday morning shoppers are stunned by a radical cycle design
spotted being ridden in a number of major supermarkets throughout the UK

A shocked CCT spokesman suggested to  BCB Breakfast News that over 500 active members had already gone over to the darkside of cycling in just three hours  .

A famous cycle designer  was quoted during a Radio Narfolk phone in programe                 " At long last a sensible machine for all at an affordable price that can carry real world payloads"

The City of London may well see on the streets a one pound deposit slot hire version to be sited at all major railway stations .

For further product details please contact Varivision Magazine or Cycling Puss Magazine

Message Ends

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.

« Reply #3659 on: 01 April, 2011, 01:46:11 pm »

Don't know how to post to post pics of. yes, the worlds first recumbent shopping trolley
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #3660 on: 01 April, 2011, 07:19:52 pm »
SmallestCub has a school place at the same school as his brother for September!  Hooray!

(although that does mean that I don't have a good excuse for giving up work....)

« Reply #3661 on: 01 April, 2011, 08:40:45 pm »
I'm on holiday!

Off to my sister's for the week on Monday, to play with nephews.
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #3662 on: 01 April, 2011, 09:31:34 pm »
HK has just picked up a job she really wanted.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #3663 on: 01 April, 2011, 09:59:51 pm »
SmallestCub has a school place at the same school as his brother for September!  Hooray!

(although that does mean that I don't have a good excuse for giving up work....)

Congrats it'll save you bureaucratic and "getting to know them" hassle.  And you can still look out for other jobs which are less stupid than your current one.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3664 on: 01 April, 2011, 10:15:18 pm »

Congrats to her :)
Getting there...

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3665 on: 01 April, 2011, 10:20:47 pm »

Oooh excellent! Will she be working Somewhere Else?

« Reply #3666 on: 02 April, 2011, 01:17:34 pm »
No2Son has requested that we go for a ride this afternoon.

O, OK.
 :D

« Reply #3667 on: 04 April, 2011, 12:03:31 am »
My cammo buff, missing for the last few months, has been found in the honeysuckle presumably having fallen off the washing line.
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3668 on: 04 April, 2011, 12:09:39 am »
My cammo buff, missing for the last few months, has been found in the honeysuckle presumably having fallen off the washing line.

Effective camouflage then?

« Reply #3669 on: 04 April, 2011, 08:28:21 am »

Effective camouflage then?

Apparently so
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

« Reply #3670 on: 04 April, 2011, 11:10:34 am »
Aw, has it got ickle honeysuckle flowers printed on it?
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

CommuteTooFar

• Inadequate Randonneur
« Reply #3671 on: 04 April, 2011, 01:54:37 pm »
I picked up my 953 bike from the not so LBS.  It went up the 1:11 hill very easily.

« Reply #3672 on: 04 April, 2011, 08:12:26 pm »
My pond came up good on it's water quality test today so I went out and bought 2 new fish. They are little 2" long Koi carp but will get bigger quickly. My son named them 'Lipstick' and 'Houdini' because one is white and red and appears to be wearing red lipstick, and the other tried to get out of the bag all the way home from the shop. I discovered today the advantages of my son having a job at the local garden centre, I got a 15% discount  ;D

Chris S

« Reply #3673 on: 04 April, 2011, 08:18:17 pm »
My pond came up good on it's water quality test today so I went out and bought 2 new fish. They are little 2" long Koi carp but will get bigger quickly. My son named them 'Lipstick' and 'Houdini' because one is white and red and appears to be wearing red lipstick, and the other tried to get out of the bag all the way home from the shop. I discovered today the advantages of my son having a job at the local garden centre, I got a 15% discount  ;D

Do you have Herons nearby?

G'wan. Ask me why...  >:(

Edit: Oops... sorry, this is the Good News thread. Excellent news - have you considered the wonderful properties of Chicken Wire used in conjunction with a Pond?

« Reply #3674 on: 04 April, 2011, 08:44:48 pm »
My pond came up good on it's water quality test today so I went out and bought 2 new fish. They are little 2" long Koi carp but will get bigger quickly. My son named them 'Lipstick' and 'Houdini' because one is white and red and appears to be wearing red lipstick, and the other tried to get out of the bag all the way home from the shop. I discovered today the advantages of my son having a job at the local garden centre, I got a 15% discount  ;D

Do you have Herons nearby?

G'wan. Ask me why...  >:(

Edit: Oops... sorry, this is the Good News thread. Excellent news - have you considered the wonderful properties of Chicken Wire used in conjunction with a Pond?

I have some excellent purpose-made bent metal rods with eyelets on them through which I run invisble fishing line around the pond edges. Herons, as wading birds, cannot get a fish without stepping into the pond. They don't know how to deal with an invisible barrier in front of their little legs. They can't swoop directly into the water to fish, and also don't like to land directly into the water, so voila the fishing line works. I have several Koi over a foot long I've had since they were little 1-2" guys :)