Author Topic: The Good News Thread  (Read 1164736 times)

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
Re: The Good News Thread
« Reply #3925 on: 26 May, 2011, 02:36:45 pm »
Brommie, innit.

Although Mr and Mrs Pike are trying to persuade me to buy a springy mudbike.  Which is Just Wrong, obv.  ;)
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #3926 on: 26 May, 2011, 02:48:10 pm »
Nowt wrong with springy mudbikes.  As long as you use them in the intended manner and get them appropriately dirty, of course.

(I'm not allowed one.  I'd never use it.)

HTFB

• The Monkey and the Plywood Violin
« Reply #3927 on: 26 May, 2011, 02:48:19 pm »
This is where my husband is taking me for our wedding anniversary on Sunday  :D

Restaurants in London, Places to eat in Greenwich, Eating out in London at The Old Brewery

It's surprisingly good for a tourist-trap concept place. I had some sort of cow-offal dish---tongue, maybe---which went very well with their beer.
Not especially helpful or mature

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #3928 on: 28 May, 2011, 10:20:30 am »
I have just received a cheque from Notts courts.....

For the full £200!!!!

\o/ Garmin Edge 800 is now on my shopping list :)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #3929 on: 28 May, 2011, 10:41:38 am »
^^^
RESULT :thumbsup:

« Reply #3930 on: 28 May, 2011, 12:40:38 pm »
Something good from all the hassle. Yay!
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #3931 on: 28 May, 2011, 05:37:16 pm »
That is good news, and unexpectedly so.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #3932 on: 29 May, 2011, 07:34:40 pm »
We've just managed to ride 100km on the tandem without Joths knee getting worse  :thumbsup:

The glimmer of hope of us doing PBP hasn't (quite) gone out.

Emma
California Dreaming

« Reply #3933 on: 30 May, 2011, 01:46:42 am »
We've just managed to ride 100km on the tandem without Joths knee getting worse  :thumbsup:

Emma

Fingers crossed the knee holds out!

« Reply #3934 on: 30 May, 2011, 11:35:37 am »
Best of luck, really hope you get to do (and complete) it
                                 :thumbsup:

Emma
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.

simonp

« Reply #3935 on: 30 May, 2011, 06:44:39 pm »
Best of luck, really hope you get to do (and complete) it
                                 :thumbsup:

Emma

+1. Good news indeed.

« Reply #3936 on: 31 May, 2011, 01:12:17 pm »
I'm finally home from work after working 60 hours in the past 6 days. I've now done enough hours to have the next 2 weeks totally off so I can chill and prepare for my 600k. And the sun's out. Happy times  ;D

GrahamG

• Babies bugger bicycling
« Reply #3937 on: 31 May, 2011, 02:19:21 pm »
Had my first job interview since being made redundant at the end of April... it was for a temporary maternity cover position at Sustrans, and it actually went well! If I don't get it then at least I'm happy I did my best.
Brummie in exile (may it forever be so)

« Reply #3938 on: 31 May, 2011, 04:07:13 pm »
Had my first job interview since being made redundant at the end of April... it was for a temporary maternity cover position at Sustrans, and it actually went well! If I don't get it then at least I'm happy I did my best.

Excellent news, good luck!

LindaG

« Reply #3939 on: 01 June, 2011, 03:30:23 pm »

Nice one!  When will you find out?

My cactus has flowered  :)

« Reply #3940 on: 02 June, 2011, 05:32:42 pm »
Oldham is getting a cinema for a year.

A sixth former set a very small one up last year in an empty shop on the market and has now been given space by the gallery to run one for 12 months. Good work!

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #3941 on: 02 June, 2011, 05:41:28 pm »

Oh Good luck, please let us know how you got on!

« Reply #3942 on: 02 June, 2011, 09:28:08 pm »
Oldham is getting a cinema for a year.

It was a bit of a shock when the Roxy went - even though some of the smaller screens were about the size of my living room (and that's not big!).

I remember the days of having a choice of the ABC or Odeon on Union Street, or the Roxy (at that point with only three screens).

« Reply #3943 on: 02 June, 2011, 09:38:27 pm »
Last film I saw (at a cinema) was Sleepy Hollow, I hadn't been for years and it blew me away, I could actually hear what was going on, it is only the claustrophobic size of these mini cins that stop me going more often though Senna might just tempt me
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.

GrahamG

• Babies bugger bicycling
« Reply #3944 on: 03 June, 2011, 02:32:58 pm »

Bummer - 'difficult decision' but not me. Best start planning a bike tour to fill in the time!
Brummie in exile (may it forever be so)

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3945 on: 03 June, 2011, 02:53:09 pm »
Bah!  OK, here's to the next one.

Don't forget to get some decent constructive feedback (not bland nonsense)
Getting there...

« Reply #3946 on: 04 June, 2011, 12:20:14 am »

Bummer - 'difficult decision' but not me. Best start planning a bike tour to fill in the time!

Ah crap, that's bad luck. Good luck with the next interview though, I'm sure there's someone out there waiting to snap you up!

simonp

« Reply #3947 on: 04 June, 2011, 12:24:20 am »

Bugger, that’s a shame.  Hope it was at least useful interview experience.  Did you get any useful feedback out of them?

simonp

« Reply #3948 on: 04 June, 2011, 05:57:22 pm »
Local shop has Encona.

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #3949 on: 04 June, 2011, 06:44:33 pm »
The cheap camera (which drowned when NOTHING HAPPENED at Stepping Stones during the incident that shall never be spoken of again) has spent the night and most of today in my airing cupboard.  After re-installing the AAAs and setting the time and date, it now works fine.
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip