Author Topic: Strictly  (Read 7532 times)

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
Re: Strictly
« Reply #25 on: 25 August, 2009, 08:57:00 pm »
Complete and utter waste of airtime as far as I'm concerned.

I see the beeb are doing their usual thing - treating it as "News" (FFS - it's been wheeled out year after year for seven years - hardly "news") so they can get a three minute advert on each news bulletin  ::-).

Bollocks to it, I say.

7 years? I thought it was a new series last year.

I remember the original series of Come Dancing, introduced by Peter "Get your hand off my thigh" West, which I think prompted a 4th form joke in 1968 along the lines of "What's white and sticks to the floor?"

Aren't you thinking of Peter North? (Link definitely NSFW)

Surely the link is NSEW?
It is simpler than it looks.

Chris S

« Reply #26 on: 25 August, 2009, 08:58:23 pm »
Surely the link is NSEW?

That took me a second or two...  ::-)

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #27 on: 27 November, 2009, 01:25:20 pm »
OMFG - Ricky Whittle has been arrested and is being held.  :o  :o  :o Apparently he attacked a photographer.

What more can go wrong in Strictly World?

Spinners

« Reply #28 on: 27 November, 2009, 01:29:45 pm »
Headline in tomorrows Sun...

"JEDWARD TO REPLACE JADE AND RICKY IN STRICTLY"

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #29 on: 27 November, 2009, 02:01:06 pm »
Whittle?  The guy who invented the jet engine? :o
Getting there...

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #30 on: 27 November, 2009, 02:10:19 pm »
Whittle?  The guy who invented the jet engine? :o

Hard-di-ha-ha Clarion  ;)

Take this seriously god damn it!

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #31 on: 27 November, 2009, 02:12:39 pm »
I would if I had the faintest idea who this no-mark is! ;D ;) ;D
Getting there...

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #32 on: 27 November, 2009, 03:05:53 pm »

Ha - I did not know him, well I thought I didn't, until someone I know mentioned that they had seen him in that silly footballing soap on Sky a few years ago.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #33 on: 27 November, 2009, 03:44:27 pm »

He appears to be an ac-tor, currently appearing in something called "Hollyoaks".

This has left me none the wiser :P
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #34 on: 27 November, 2009, 03:58:02 pm »
Ah.  An actor.  What might I have heard him in on Radio 4?
Getting there...

« Reply #35 on: 27 November, 2009, 04:07:17 pm »
Clarion Hollyoaks is much like The Archers but with fewer tractors and more sex and it has moving pictures like at the cinema.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #36 on: 27 November, 2009, 04:31:47 pm »
More sex?  You mean like Brian Aldridge in the shower? :o

I don't think I could handle any more of that :sick:

I don't hold with these modern Kinematographic picture houses.  It's the work of the devil, I tell you!  If it carries on like this, you'll get people raving in their masses and watching the antics of a pair of talentless goons with silly hair, or some strumpet stranded in a distant rainforest, you mark my words! ;)
Getting there...

« Reply #37 on: 27 November, 2009, 04:57:11 pm »
More sex?  You mean like Brian Aldridge in the shower? :o
Quite - that made me glad that The Archers is on the wireless as the pictures in my head were bad enough. You may find the cast of Hollyoaks somewhat more, how should I put it, nubile. Think Emma Grundy rather than Lilian Bellamy.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #38 on: 27 November, 2009, 05:55:17 pm »

He appears to be an ac-tor, currently appearing in something called "Hollyoaks".

This has left me none the wiser :P
Thanks to Sky NEws I now know exactly who he is:

Strictly Star Ricky Whittle

... so there you go.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Rig of Jarkness

• An Englishman abroad
« Reply #39 on: 27 November, 2009, 05:57:19 pm »
Stop press !  (I realise how keenly interested you all are to hear the latest on this) - the Beeb is now confirming that Mr Whittle will be free to dance tomorrow night.  Phew !

The question now becomes what the Great British Viewing (and Voting) Public will make of all this unseemliness.  
Aero but not dynamic

« Reply #40 on: 28 November, 2009, 11:40:34 am »
Since it is alleged that it was an altercation with the paparazzi I think people won't be too bothered. They do tend to throw themselves in front of moving cars tehn complain that they have been hit.

Si

« Reply #41 on: 28 November, 2009, 01:53:34 pm »
Stop press !  (I realise how keenly interested you all are to hear the latest on this) - the Beeb is now confirming that Mr Whittle will be free to dance tomorrow night.  Phew !

He'd already elected to dance to Elvis' "You ain't nothing but a hound dog".  If only he'd chosen "Jailhouse rock".... :thumbsup:

The question now becomes what the Great British Viewing (and Voting) Public will make of all this unseemliness. 

It was car crime (he tried to run someone over) so it probably doesn't count as real  unseemliness :-\

« Reply #42 on: 28 November, 2009, 01:56:44 pm »

He'd already elected to dance to Elvis' "You ain't nothing but a hound dog".  If only he'd chosen "Jailhouse rock".... :thumbsup:

Judge Craig made that same joke on It Takes Two last night, and got slapped for it.  ;D

Did I just admit to watching ITT?  :-[

« Reply #43 on: 28 November, 2009, 02:45:48 pm »
It was car crime (he tried to run someone over)

that should save us all a load of money on a trial, now you need to set the penalty.

nicknack

• Hornblower
« Reply #44 on: 25 December, 2009, 07:18:21 pm »
Help! It's on now. Is there no escape?

Wife and daughter glued to it.

Time to open the port.
There's no vibrations, but wait.

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #45 on: 27 December, 2009, 11:33:22 am »
But now it's finished, and that means I return to my normal state (it applies 75% of the year, so I reckon that's normal) of not watching tv apart from box sets - oh, and Cbeebies in the 'watch with mother' sense.  Strictly is the only programme I watch live - which is one reason that I'm always time-poor in Autumn!

Rig of Jarkness

• An Englishman abroad
« Reply #46 on: 27 December, 2009, 11:41:40 am »
Glad to hear that there is at least one other fan of the show here on YACF.  Mrs C and I are quite addicted to it.  When phonelines opened on the final we immediately rang in to vote for Ricky & N but after Cola's second dance we changed our minds so had to vote twice for them instead  :)
Aero but not dynamic

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #47 on: 27 December, 2009, 11:48:16 am »
I've never voted - and indeed, didn't really care who won!  But I love the programme.  I think that this year, as before, some of the fun went out of it when someone left so leaving a 2 couple final.  It really shouldn't be that difficult for them to have a contingency plan.  My eldest used to be a bit of an addict too, but at 8 he's getting a bit too cool for sparkles and spangles, apparently.  It's OK though, because the littly comes over and asks for youtube reruns of his favourite dances and joins in with the dances :)

Rig of Jarkness

• An Englishman abroad
« Reply #48 on: 27 December, 2009, 11:52:32 am »
I'm really hoping that the show will endure long enough for them to invite Cav onto it.  Apparently he used to compete in ballroom dancing as a youngster.  But I hope he masters the art of being graceful in defeat before they invite him on !
Aero but not dynamic

« Reply #49 on: 13 October, 2016, 07:45:07 am »
Has this lost its way?
Move Faster and Bake Things