Author Topic: Audax Twitter feed  (Read 3161 times)

DanialW

Audax Twitter feed
« on: 20 February, 2011, 10:21:51 am »
The Audax Twitter feed has built up a nice head of steam, with about 365 subscribers, many of whom are journalists and other media types.

I know a lot of you write up ride reports for your clubs, and post photos of your rides and events. If you'd like me to point Audax UK's Twitter subscribers to your blogs, reports and photos, just drop me a line with the details.

Also, if you'd like to use Twitter to promote your event, just let me know. I tend to favour events that have Paypal entry, which seem to fit better with the immediacy of Twitter. I know that the tweet for my event generated a couple of entries; it really does work.

Re: Audax Twitter feed
« Reply #1 on: 25 February, 2011, 10:40:55 am »
Good work although the errors are slipping in...

"
The Kennet Valley Run. A popular 200km audax ride with PBP qualification. 22 Feb from S. Reading. Entry just £6.50 at event detail
"

22nd Feb?

"
Kudos to this chap for taking all his touring gear on an audax ride. Tourers, racers, audax is such a broad church. Caton Audax 2010
"

Mary isn't a chap and she didn't take the touring gear on the Audax, only the Carradice saddlebag.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #2 on: 25 February, 2011, 10:49:35 am »
Good work Alex - perhaps you could tweet any future errors, and we can follow you?  ;)
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #3 on: 25 February, 2011, 10:57:48 am »
Good work Alex - perhaps you could tweet any future errors, and we can follow you?  ;)

If they were my tweets I'd delete them and repost them with the errors corrected, but they aren't mine...
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #4 on: 25 February, 2011, 01:11:21 pm »

"
The Kennet Valley Run. A popular 200km audax ride with PBP qualification. 22 Feb from S. Reading. Entry just £6.50 at event detail

.. and following the link would show that entry was already closed.
et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur

DanialW

« Reply #5 on: 25 February, 2011, 03:41:56 pm »

Cheers Alex, I'll amend accordingly.

If anyone else spots anything, let me know. Similarly if you'd like to use the feed for either your event, ride report or photos.