Author Topic: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 1252102 times)

Chris S

Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #350 on: 07 January, 2009, 07:36:05 am »
Anyone else having trouble with the formatting on their Weight Table in the Weight Reports thread?

Even if I don't change anything, just Click "Modify Message" and then hit Preview, the formatting is all to hell :(

Yep.  I had to delete my post and then past again into another post.  No idea where to post my weight so pm'd Greenbank.  Thought I was just a numpty.

Yes, just did that - and then removed my post here - but you'd already responded!

All I did was recopy the table template into the original - that seemed to work. Either I'd damaged the table code somehow, or summat in Greenbank's grand scheme is b0rked. We shall see...

« Reply #351 on: 07 January, 2009, 07:58:20 am »
The format problem only occurs in preview.

« Reply #352 on: 07 January, 2009, 08:54:34 am »
The format problem only occurs in preview.

Exactly. Just don't use preview. Enter it and save the changes. If you've b0rked it then edit it again.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

annie

« Reply #353 on: 07 January, 2009, 09:00:02 am »
Had to remove my post, completely messed it up, again.

Where exactly amongst all the code do I enter the weight?

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #354 on: 07 January, 2009, 09:24:26 am »
I've weighed myself for the first time since early December.  I nearly cried.  :'(

I have a lot of work to do.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

« Reply #355 on: 07 January, 2009, 09:27:16 am »

It looks to me like it should be entered after the colon.
January__ February__ March_____ April_____ May_______ June_______
7th:99KG

annie

« Reply #356 on: 07 January, 2009, 09:32:07 am »

It looks to me like it should be entered after the colon.
January__ February__ March_____ April_____ May_______ June_______
7th:99KG

Thank you :-*

LEE

Re: Weight Reports for 2009
« Reply #357 on: 07 January, 2009, 09:37:14 am »
Aim: to get down to 100kg

Aim2: 95kg

Start point: 102.2kg

Thank God for Clarion.

Everyone else's starting weight is about 2 stone less than my target weight

« Reply #358 on: 07 January, 2009, 09:44:42 am »
Glad it's not just me - I've been scratching my head over it. But then, yeah, decided to just post and see if it worked.

« Reply #359 on: 07 January, 2009, 10:16:04 am »
Me too.
Now the horrible truth can be revealed- 75.0kg  :o

« Reply #360 on: 07 January, 2009, 07:38:47 pm »
Aim: to get down to 100kg

Aim2: 95kg

Start point: 102.2kg

Thank God for Clarion.

I am not going to comment on that one   :-[  :-[  :-[  :-[

Geoff

Even more to lose than last year.
Only those that dare to go too far, know how far they can go.   T S Elliot

« Reply #361 on: 08 January, 2009, 06:37:29 pm »
Edit: The one thing missing ... is any mention of alcohol. To my mind, and I think this has been discussed here already, booze is incompatible with fat loss for a number of reasons. If, as I seem to, you have an "issue" with moderation when it comes to booze, it's probably best avoided completely whilst you are in a fat loss phase.

Or, if you are like me and know there are circumstances where you are going to either drink, or be so miserable that you won't want to be here if you don't have one, plan the booze in.

When my wife and I did our 'big' diet a few years ago, we were in two morris dance teams.  That meant two evenings in the pub each week or missing out of the social side of the teams completely.  So we built an allowance in to the system (Weight Watchers points in our case).  This did mean missing out on some other things, but it worked for us.

Obviously, if you're one of those people who can't stick at a pre-determined number of drinks then it's essential to have none, but don't beat yourself up more than necessary.

"Budget the luxuries first!"

Steve
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

« Reply #362 on: 08 January, 2009, 08:20:54 pm »
Edit: The one thing missing ... is any mention of alcohol. To my mind, and I think this has been discussed here already, booze is incompatible with fat loss for a number of reasons. If, as I seem to, you have an "issue" with moderation when it comes to booze, it's probably best avoided completely whilst you are in a fat loss phase.

Or, if you are like me and know there are circumstances where you are going to either drink, or be so miserable that you won't want to be here if you don't have one, plan the booze in.

+1

During my 16kg (give or take) weight loss last year I don't think I had a single week with less1 than 21 units of booze with the top end probably being 80 units (albeit with no weight loss that week). Just assume that 2 units is roughly 200kcal and work that into your deficit plan, i.e.

800kcal a day deficit = 5600kcal a week
5600kcal - (100*21) = 3500kcal
3500kcal = 1lb of fat

This year is the same weight-loss/calorie-deficit but trying to stick below 21 units a week and *shudder* running.

1. Pedant be gone. This beer contains 2.5 units.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

Chris S

« Reply #363 on: 08 January, 2009, 08:23:39 pm »
I am keeping to 1800 kcals a day currently. Damned if I'm going to waste any of that on empty calories like booze - I need FOOD! :)

« Reply #364 on: 09 January, 2009, 10:13:46 am »
Seems like my Christmas increase is shifting. May have just been the different scales that I used but I don't think so. Latest reading is 2kg above what I was before which is OK, some of that'll go when I restart long distance cycling. Feel a bit of a fraud in the this thread to be honest since I don't really need to lose weight and don't have to try very hard to get to where I want to be, and that's why I am not posting the other weight thread. I'd get obsessive about the numbers anyway and that isn't healthy.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #365 on: 09 January, 2009, 11:11:15 am »
I've made a correction to my reading for 07-JAN.  Having no scales at home I plan to use the ones in the gym.  As I didn't make it to the gym Wednesday I used the scales in my office.  I was warned they were 'off' but not by how much or which direction.  Weighed myself at the gym then compared it again to the office scales - the latter added 5kg to my weight!  I am this: relieved!

So far the plan for this year is:
* Cycle to work more
* When not cycling walk through the City instead of taking tube the whole way (30 min. walk)
* Take the stairs instead of the lift (office on 7th floor)
* Cycle more
* Cut back on the booze (including skipping the office bar all of January at least)
* No more than one hot chocolate/double espresso a day at the office
* Cut back to only one suggar in my coffee
* Try to avoid the biscuits in the office
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

« Reply #366 on: 09 January, 2009, 12:59:31 pm »
Weighed myself at the gym then compared it again to the office scales - the later added 5kg to my weight!

Most unusual: work scales seem to be carefully selected to under-read so that the fatties can congratulate themselves on their "diets" as they shovel crap into their faces in the coffee room.

The admin staff at my place of work have still not forgiven me for bringing in properly certified scales last year. The fact that they display the correct weight doesn't seem to enter into it: they show larger weights than usual so they are "bad"scales.  ;D

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #367 on: 09 January, 2009, 02:46:27 pm »
I went to WeightWatchers this week.  I've put back on nearly all the weight I lost earlier in the year.   :-[

So it's back on the straight and narrow for me - which means off the booze as well.

And I'm giving up smoking...

Happy fecking New Year!  :(
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #368 on: 09 January, 2009, 02:52:34 pm »
I went to WeightWatchers this week.  I've put back on nearly all the weight I lost earlier in the year.   :-[

So it's back on the straight and narrow for me - which means off the booze as well.

:( so you'll not be meeting me for a pint in Feb then ? I'll buy you an OJ !!

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
« Reply #369 on: 12 January, 2009, 04:43:03 pm »

Thank God for Clarion.

Let me help too.

Starting point - 106kg

Target = 95kg by July.

Plan; drop out booze (or severely cut back) and ride the bike as often as possible.

My weight is lower than this time last year though (114kg)

H

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #370 on: 14 January, 2009, 01:59:48 pm »
Oh bugger.  Second weigh in, and I'm up on last week :(

Still below 1 Jan, but that's not much compensation.

It does demonstrate how much cycling contributes to my weight management, as I've been off the trike for eight days.
Getting there...

« Reply #371 on: 14 January, 2009, 03:08:56 pm »
Ive lost more than 1kg on my first week :thumbsup: No booze since new years eve,and cut out all the usual crap.

annie

« Reply #372 on: 14 January, 2009, 04:22:45 pm »
I have put on 0.5kg.  I am not worried as I ate a large portion of birthday cake, several bars of chocolate and lots of other yummy scrumptious things.  Also worked out, cycled and ran so could well be musccle :-\

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #373 on: 14 January, 2009, 05:28:25 pm »
First weight in at WeightWatchers in an hour.  Hope I've lost something this week...
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

simonp

« Reply #374 on: 14 January, 2009, 07:45:13 pm »
Heh.  1/3 of the way to the target in a week.  Can someone tell me what I did, so I can market it?