Author Topic: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 1253134 times)

Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #600 on: 07 June, 2009, 11:14:19 pm »
Bah! I've not been keeping track. 66.8 kg a couple of days ago.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #601 on: 08 June, 2009, 06:12:41 pm »
whoooppeeedoodahhh!  ONLY   90KG today,  thats 8kg in 6 weeks!!! :thumbsup:

« Reply #602 on: 10 June, 2009, 10:01:42 am »
Still going generally in the right direction :). Over a kilo lost this week.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #603 on: 10 June, 2009, 10:29:28 am »
Well done!  I'm just about holding still.  Want to get some miles in :)

EDIT:  I've lost a kilo, too! :D  I know that's a much smaller percentage, but it's good nonetheless.  Just 0.4kg over my lowest this year.  I hope to get back on track by next week.
Getting there...

« Reply #604 on: 11 June, 2009, 12:47:48 pm »

Had my weigh in at the qym last night. I knew I had lost weight so expecting a good result. Turns out I have lost about 5-6 Kg since March. I knew the scales at home were inaccurate but I was just using them as a comparator. Didn't realise how inaccurate, I thought I was heading down to 14.5 stone gym scales say minimum of 98 Kg - 15.6 stone. I should have got my BMI checked, might have cheered me up.

A bit if wind knocked out of sails. But just temporary, will try harder.

:)

« Reply #605 on: 12 June, 2009, 09:31:01 am »
down 1kg this week to 70kg. Don't really want to go any lower and don't think I will. LEL will probably lower it but that will be temporary.

simonp

« Reply #606 on: 16 June, 2009, 09:49:43 pm »
Weight up a little bit after the 400.  71.5kg.

Body fat measurement at a new low of 14.2%.

If that number was an accurate guage of absolute body fat it'd be saying I was back to my mid 20s level of fat.

Chris S

« Reply #607 on: 16 June, 2009, 09:54:26 pm »
If that number was an accurate guage of absolute body fat it'd be saying I was back to my mid 20s level of fat.

Yeah - I saw you at the Haslingfield control in March, before you lost even more weight. You looked like you needed a decent feed, even then...  ;D

simonp

« Reply #608 on: 16 June, 2009, 10:46:04 pm »

Yeah - I saw you at the Haslingfield control in March, before you lost even more weight. You looked like you needed a decent feed, even then...  ;D

Erm I was 4kg heavier then than now, and about the heaviest I'd ever been.  "Perfect" BMI apparently.  Now I'm back to the approx weight I was when I rode the BCM last year, but my body fat is a tad lower.  Excellent news given the MSG 300 is weekend after next.  :thumbsup:

Chris S

« Reply #609 on: 16 June, 2009, 10:51:27 pm »
I'll beat you on the descents then!  :thumbsup:

simonp

« Reply #610 on: 16 June, 2009, 11:11:56 pm »
If the weather forecast looks very good I might be tempted to try to use the Madone.  The big question is can I fit a dynohub between the forks?  I'm not convinced I can, they seem to have not a lot of clearance.

Madone saves about 4kg weight compared to the Yukon, plus of course I'm forced to carry less weight.  Obv swapping in a different wheel will reduce that saving, but probably the whole package (me+bike+stuff) will be about 80-82kg instead of 85-90kg.

Big question is how bad the road surfaces will be.  I don't remember them being very bad last year.

« Reply #611 on: 16 June, 2009, 11:50:08 pm »
If the weather forecast looks very good I might be tempted to try to use the Madone. 

I'm not tempted at all to use the Wilier. Aravis Audax all the way for me.

However, the over-riding reason is that I haven't got the Wilier set up properly for anything more than a 90 minute ride.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

simonp

« Reply #612 on: 17 June, 2009, 12:03:04 am »
The Madone is surprisingly comfortable for Audax.  I've done 4 200km-ish rides on it and not suffered.  I used the Yukon at the weekend and my over-riding thought was that it didn't seem any more comfortable than the Madone.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #613 on: 17 June, 2009, 09:27:20 am »
Up again.  I think I've plateaud a bit :(

But it's been a stressful couple of weeks, and we've had folk in the house, so we've been eating differently.

If I can maintain 98-99kg for a bit, I'll be happy.
Getting there...

« Reply #614 on: 17 June, 2009, 10:59:28 am »
Up again.  I think I've plateaud a bit :(

But it's been a stressful couple of weeks, and we've had folk in the house, so we've been eating differently.

If I can maintain 98-99kg for a bit, I'll be happy.
You've been under 100kg for 6 weeks straight :thumbsup:. It's not bad :-*.

« Reply #615 on: 17 June, 2009, 08:03:24 pm »
Got weighed at the Drs on monday 96kg :-[Been off track since febuary,due to personal problems.Been eating takeaways a lot,and cyclings down a bit too .Hopefully back on track now :thumbsup:

Chris S

« Reply #616 on: 24 June, 2009, 08:07:55 am »
Arse. Weight up again just in time for a hilly audax  ::-).

It had better be leg muscle I've gained.

*checks size of belly*

Nope...  :(

hulver

• I am a mole and I live in a hole.
« Reply #617 on: 24 June, 2009, 09:05:30 am »
Down a little bit more. Below 120kg, which is good for me  :thumbsup:

I'm seriously considering going in for TRAT next year, so I'm doing a month of proper training to see if it's just the "Wimbledon effect"* or if I am actually serious about it.

If I can keep up the training for a month, then I'll be going for it.

* Every year around this time when I was a kid I used to start playing tennis again. It would last a couple of weeks, but I wasn't that bothered about it. I'm a lot more interested in cycling than I am tennis, so I think I'll stick at this.

Chris S

« Reply #618 on: 24 June, 2009, 03:57:14 pm »
Just back from a docs appointment. I've lost 6kg since I last went (quite a few years ago). I'd forgotten I was ever that heavy.

« Reply #619 on: 24 June, 2009, 05:05:23 pm »
9 kg down since January :D It's not going to win any awards, but it haasn't been too painful O:-).

simonp

« Reply #620 on: 26 June, 2009, 11:11:37 pm »
So I am at my weight target. But I think I look flabby. So, what next?

« Reply #621 on: 26 June, 2009, 11:15:17 pm »

pump iron to tone up

simonp

« Reply #622 on: 26 June, 2009, 11:19:39 pm »

pump iron to tone up

Probably too tedious. Going swimming, doing wing chun again, and maybe a little gym work, I could cope with.

Chris S

« Reply #623 on: 01 July, 2009, 08:09:07 am »
I've had the same effect following last weekend's hilly 300 that I had after the 600; my weight has gone up, but the Tanita scales insist my BF% has gone down from 21% to 18%.

Given how sore my legs have been (improving now) this pretty much convinces me - my legs become infused with all manner of watery mixtures after a tough ride. Part of the healing process maybe.

« Reply #624 on: 01 July, 2009, 08:46:16 am »
I've had the same effect following last weekend's hilly 300 that I had after the 600; my weight has gone up, but the Tanita scales insist my BF% has gone down from 21% to 18%.

Given how sore my legs have been (improving now) this pretty much convinces me - my legs become infused with all manner of watery mixtures after a tough ride. Part of the healing process maybe.
I tend not to weigh myself early in the week, especially after a high mileage weekend. Leave it until Wednesday or Thursday to let the body recover  somewhat. FWIW I am still around 71kg, been there for ages now, no amount of miles, chocolate or beer is changing things in the medium to long term and that is something I am pleased about.