Poll

How many bikes are there in your shed/garage/house?

None right now
Just the one
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
More than twenty
I am Roger Hilldodger

Author Topic: How many bikes are there in your shed/garage/house?  (Read 36864 times)

Re: How many bikes are there in your shed/garage/house?
« Reply #200 on: 04 April, 2019, 09:55:04 am »
I'm definitely in the serial collector/hoarder/restorer group. And I can always justify the need for adding yet another one!

Merlin road bike, which I love - and use a lot in summer. Which admittedly doesn't happen a lot in Halifax.
An older, but still very light Trek oclv road bike.
Genesis CdF in 931, which is my go-to bike for most stuff these days. I'm riding PBP on this, plus my SR series.
Trek TT bike, very pointy. It only comes out a few times per year now, though. I have a pointy hat to match!
2 x Peugeot Perthus Pro, I restored both, and had a lot of fun in the process. Repainting/redoing the decals was really satisfying.
Colnago Master - its a beautiful thing, but I don't ride it very often.
Mountain bike with gears and suspension (Marin Mt Vision). I used to use it a lot, but it takes so much time to clean/sort.
Single speed & rigid mountain bike, which is a Kona Explosif underneath it all. Lovely to ride, and not much slower than the Marin. And doesn't need half as much cleaning!
3 x Viking bikes from the early 1960s, again bikes I had a lot of fun restoring. Sunny days, Eroica.
A 1976 Falcon with Campag NR that I can't quite work out what to do with.
An Airnimal that I restored for a good friend, but seem to have inherited. Good for trips away.
Tandem, which needs work. Its set up with flat bars and chunky tyres, which isn't the riding we do now.
Mrs S has a Planet X road bike
Little S x 2 have 3 bikes between them.
And after that its mostly projects: a track bike, an old race bike, a couple more Peugeot frames, a BMX, a carbon fibre singlespeed project...

I'm not sure whether I like making and restoring bikes more than riding them. I'm hoping to braze up my first frame this year as a test-run.