Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 879688 times)

Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #4025 on: 09 November, 2020, 03:03:56 pm »
Shows what festers below the veneer.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #4026 on: 09 November, 2020, 05:01:33 pm »
He claims not to know her name. Has he been living under a rock or is he just a racist misogynistic bigot do you think?
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #4027 on: 09 November, 2020, 06:45:55 pm »
“This Tweet is unavailable” or so it says.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #4028 on: 09 November, 2020, 06:57:32 pm »
He is a racist, misogynist bigot imo.

Did he ask similar questions when chumpie and pence were elected?   How about Obama and Biden?

A perfect example of why the HoL needs major reform.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #4029 on: 09 November, 2020, 07:06:01 pm »
The Speaker of the HoL has instructed Clik-looney, the great gam-gam, to “retract and apologise”.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #4030 on: 12 November, 2020, 01:00:23 pm »
Raab, complaining about China ignoring the HK treaty.  Can't have it both ways precious, if we don't abide by our treaty obligations then why should you expect other countries to do so?   
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #4031 on: 12 November, 2020, 01:08:32 pm »
I know we don't even need to mention N*g*l F*r*ge's name any more, but I belatedly came across a good piece in the Guardian by Peter Walker* about his latest populist bandwagon jumping exercise...
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/bike-blog/2020/nov/11/farages-anti-cyclist-article-shows-car-users-fear-loss-of-control

*no, not that one ;)
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #4032 on: 18 November, 2020, 08:14:56 am »
IAMRoadSmart, for campaigning for a ban on cyclists wearing headphones.

Are they also going to ban deaf people from cycling?

(I actually won't wear headphones while cycling, I rely on my hearing to warn me about traffic)
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #4033 on: 18 November, 2020, 08:35:37 am »
What can people in cars hear?

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #4034 on: 18 November, 2020, 08:42:40 am »
What can people in cars hear?
Their In Car Entertainment. Unless they’ve muted it to use their phones.

Oh, sorry, that was rhetorical wasn’t it?
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #4035 on: 18 November, 2020, 08:52:59 am »
IAMRoadSmart, for campaigning for a ban on cyclists wearing headphones.

Are they also going to ban deaf people from cycling?

(I actually won't wear headphones while cycling, I rely on my hearing to warn me about traffic)

Perhaps the CTC or whatever it is called these days should start a campaign to ban in car entertainment and using a mobile whilst driving ...

To be honest I never used earphones whilst cycling.  Every opportunity to be aware of the presence of vehicles, especially those with erratic drivers not quite in full control of them was vital for my survival imo.

« Reply #4036 on: 18 November, 2020, 09:33:50 am »
Cyclists should start a campaign for drivers to always have their windows open. :demon:

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #4037 on: 18 November, 2020, 09:53:34 am »
IAMRoadSmart

Never heard of them... <googles> Oh! It's the current name of the Institute of Advanced Morons.

Nuff said.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
« Reply #4038 on: 18 November, 2020, 10:06:33 am »
I remember IAM, many many years, many many many years, many... [/Lady Counterblast]

Anyway, they ran a public poll on what people thought would improve road safety the most. One of the most popular choices was "remove red light cameras at traffic lights"
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #4039 on: 18 November, 2020, 10:55:51 am »
I believe that we all think we’re better drivers than we are (with the possible exception of Lewis Hamilton). The IAM gives people certificates to inflate their opinions of their driving ability.

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
« Reply #4040 on: 18 November, 2020, 12:21:48 pm »
When I was motorcycling all the time, I had a couple of friends who were IAM. They used to ride right on my right shoulder, like a TDF peloton. I hated it. It reminds me of the flash skiers who feel safe passing newbies really, ignoring the fact that the newbies don't share that view.
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i

« Reply #4041 on: 18 November, 2020, 01:22:22 pm »
When I was motorcycling all the time, I had a couple of friends who were IAM. They used to ride right on my right shoulder, like a TDF peloton. I hated it. It reminds me of the flash skiers who feel safe passing newbies really, ignoring the fact that the newbies don't share that view.

Cyclists are probably the worst for that.  Having a club pass us(without singling out) on the tandem almost close enough to brush elbows freaks my stoker out. 

fuzzy

« Reply #4042 on: 18 November, 2020, 11:07:30 pm »
I believe that we all think we’re better drivers than we are (with the possible exception of Lewis Hamilton). The IAM gives people certificates to inflate their opinions of their driving ability.

I take exception to that. I believe that I am an average driver at best and I have been trained as a Class 2 HGV driver, a Police response driver and have had several other driving courses such as how to drive on the 'wron' side of the road on overseas postings, 4WD courses for Land Rovers in their natural habitat.

fuzzy

« Reply #4043 on: 18 November, 2020, 11:08:51 pm »
I remember IAM, many many years, many many many years, many... [/Lady Counterblast]

Anyway, they ran a public poll on what people thought would improve road safety the most. One of the most popular choices was "remove red light cameras at traffic lights"
We all know that the correct response should be ban motor vehicles.

ian

« Reply #4044 on: 19 November, 2020, 09:38:13 am »
Are they campaigning for cars to only be available in high-viz yellow? Someone should be.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #4045 on: 19 November, 2020, 10:27:32 am »

I take exception to that. I believe that I am an average driver at best and I have been trained as a Class 2 HGV driver, a Police response driver and have had several other driving courses such as how to drive on the 'wron' side of the road on overseas postings, 4WD courses for Land Rovers in their natural habitat.
sorry Lewis.  ;D

« Reply #4046 on: 19 November, 2020, 10:29:13 am »

sorry Lewis.  ;D

😀

fuzzy

« Reply #4047 on: 19 November, 2020, 10:33:49 pm »

sorry Lewis.  ;D
:P

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #4048 on: 20 November, 2020, 04:00:29 pm »
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

ian

« Reply #4049 on: 20 November, 2020, 04:28:35 pm »
I genuinely thought JHB was a parody.

As for Lozza, he's the roadkill badger of the culture wars.